Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SacFalcFan

McGee takes a stand: Georgia no longer welcome at Carver.

58 posts in this topic

my point has been and still is how come morant who is in south carolina knows about uga filling up and burns doesn't and he doesn't even contact uga coaches about his possible commitment and visit. I believe uga coaches do have blame in this, but his coach is as much to blame as the uga coaches are. he knows what the heck is going on. It's not like he just started coaching. it was poor communication and an unfortunate situation for burns and his family that could have been avoided with a simple phone call. Understand uga coaches could not call burns. It's a dead period for the month of July.

If that's the case, then it sounds that his coach is attempting to deflect all of the blame onto the UGA coaches for his screwing up the kid's chances of signing with us.

If that's the case, then it sounds that his coach is attempting to deflect all of the blame onto the UGA coaches for his screwing up the kid's chances of signing with us.

Mcgee even said uga coaches had no idea that burns was going to commit. I am not saying uga coaches don't share blame I know they do, but mcgee deserves blame as well. The carver coach is grand standing. We won't be able ot hear uga's side of this issue either due to ncaa rules. However someone just said that uga did talk with a carver coach beforehand and told them that devin did not have a uga offer any longer due to the class being filled up.

Updated Article

Mcgee even said uga coaches had no idea that burns was going to commit. I am not saying uga coaches don't share blame I know they do, but mcgee deserves blame as well. The carver coach is grand standing. We won't be able ot hear uga's side of this issue either due to ncaa rules. However someone just said that uga did talk with a carver coach beforehand and told them that devin did not have a uga offer any longer due to the class being filled up.

Updated Article

Columbus is pretty much Auburn country anyway. They couldn't deliver Jarvis Jones last year. Screw them. :lol: :P

j/k. ;)

man, I can only imagine how the tone of this thread would have changed if Meyer had done this.

You were around last year right... :P

You're right about contacting him, assuming they knew they didn't have the room before he left Columbus, which they may not have. And assuming he told them beforehand that he was coming to commit, which we don't know. The problem with assigning blame in these situations is that the college coaches can't explain themselves. Calling it "dirty poker", to me at least, implies that someone actively tried to deceive this kid. Is that what you're alleging?

And I can tell you exactly how the coach is to blame. McGee isn't some phys.ed. teacher who's been pressed into service and doesn't know anything about recruiting. He has/had at least a dozen legit. D-1 prospects at Carver, was recruited by and played at Auburn, and is active at camps and other events where you learn a little about college recruiting. He knew the numbers. He knows the game. He let Burns get to Athens to try to accept an offer without a heads up to the coaches there, knowing that this kind of thing happens when you do that. That's not driving the bus that runs over a guy. But it is knowing what time the bus gets there and not telling the guy to get out of the street so he won't get run over.

No, I'm not alleging that Richt intentionally tried to deceive him. I used that phrase as a colorful way to say it was "wrong".

Problem I have is numbers or not, if you have an offer out to a guy and you know for a fact you can't take that person then pull the offer...

No, I'm not alleging that Richt intentionally tried to deceive him. I used that phrase as a colorful way to say it was "wrong".

Problem I have is numbers or not, if you have an offer out to a guy and you know for a fact you can't take that person then pull the offer...

Apparently they did, word just didn't get to Devin and his parents. Now, yes Richt should have called about this, but that is why he has a recruiting coordinator. One of the assistants dropped the ball here, not Richt personally.

Although, don't you think the Carver coach that had already been told had an obligation to inform Devin once he said he was committing to UGA? I have a hard time believing he didn't tell his HS coaches before leaving for DN.

Apparently they did, word just didn't get to Devin and his parents. Now, yes Richt should have called about this, but that is why he has a recruiting coordinator. One of the assistants dropped the ball here, not Richt personally.

Although, don't you think the Carver coach that had already been told had an obligation to inform Devin once he said he was committing to UGA? I have a hard time believing he didn't tell his HS coaches before leaving for DN.

Bingo. CMR and company did pull the offer before he got to campus, but the assistant coach at carver did not relay the message. When they got to campus the assistant coach for georgia made them aware the offer wasn't there and devin didn't know. CMR or his assistants could not call the recruit or the family due to the rules and it being a dead period. As I pointed out this is an issue with both sides.

man, I can only imagine how the tone of this thread would have changed if Meyer had done this.

You obviously haven't paid attention to the pass meyer has gotten even on this board. He pulled offers from guys like chaz sutton who had been committed for a while. We saw chaz's coach get ticked off, but it was an out of state player so no biggie for meyer. let's not talk about franklin green either. james louis just last week tried to commit to meyer, but at first couldn't get ahold of gonzalez and then when he did was told to talk to meyer the next morning. Gator sites went public with his commitment and then it turns out his commitment would not be accepted even though he was told he had an offer he could commit with. He was embarrassed and yet no head coach of his team come out against meyer for this. Of all the things meyer gets crap for his treatment of recruits isn't one of the them.

Columbus is pretty much Auburn country anyway. They couldn't deliver Jarvis Jones last year. Screw them. :lol: :P

j/k. ;)

i can't remember the last time we got a player from carver.. there is a reason why you have auburn guys like mcgee running the show there...

You obviously haven't paid attention to the pass meyer has gotten even on this board. He pulled offers from guys like chaz sutton who had been committed for a while. We saw chaz's coach get ticked off, but it was an out of state player so no biggie for meyer. let's not talk about franklin green either. james louis just last week tried to commit to meyer, but at first couldn't get ahold of gonzalez and then when he did was told to talk to meyer the next morning. Gator sites went public with his commitment and then it turns out his commitment would not be accepted even though he was told he had an offer he could commit with. He was embarrassed and yet no head coach of his team come out against meyer for this. Of all the things meyer gets crap for his treatment of recruits isn't one of the them.

So why isn't CMR allowed to call right now? And it would have been a violation if he had? Just want to be sure I got this straight.

So why isn't CMR allowed to call right now? And it would have been a violation if he had? Just want to be sure I got this straight.

It's the dead period which ends July 31st... coaches can not call recruits or their family. the only thing a uga coach can do is call a carver coach and ask for the player to call them and hope the message is relayed. many times they will relay a mesage to a coach and it's sent over to the recruit and then the recruit can call, a message was called in and it was not relayed to the family.

Poorly handling on both side. but for him to just blame UGA is just wrong. How about blaming the assisstant that did not notify Burns did not have an offer? Seem like McGee is trying to sabatoge UGA images becuase he is an Auburn alumni. It is his jobs to communicate with UGA. He knows the rule that they cant contact recruits in a dead period. Another thing, he has poor character. This is just a misunderstanding that could have easily be fix under close door. But to bring it out to the press. POOR Character.

Poorly handling on both side. but for him to just blame UGA is just wrong. How about blaming the assisstant that did not notify Burns did not have an offer? Seem like McGee is trying to sabatoge UGA images becuase he is an Auburn alumni. It is his jobs to communicate with UGA. He knows the rule that they cant contact recruits in a dead period. Another thing, he has poor character. This is just a misunderstanding that could have easily be fix under close door. But to bring it out to the press. POOR Character.

Well it's clear this was a grandstanding type thing for mcgee. UGA coaches did call carver and told an asst coach that burns no longer had a committable offer. The asst coach told the uga coach to call burns and tell him which obviously uga could not do. Mcgree brought them up to athens anyways to see if he could force uga's hand to take burns commitment and when it didn't work and backfired he blew things up in the media. This was more about mcgee and his agenda than it was about burns and the situation mcgee caused.. mcgee is saying crap that isn't correct at all in his interviews and cmr can't go on record and say jack about it.

yea. could of fix it behind close door. What does McGee get from going to the press? I understand he must protect his players, but he could of told UGA that behind close door. Hatred is a bad thing. McGee IMO shows no class at all by go to he press.

yea. could of fix it behind close door. What does McGee get from going to the press? I understand he must protect his players, but he could of told UGA that behind close door. Hatred is a bad thing. McGee IMO shows no class at all by go to he press.

read my last post, there is more to this and mcgee is not being truthful in his comments.

If that's the case then yeah, it's on the assistant and off UGA as far as I'm concerned...

Witty comeback... I think I've heard of you before.... You must be 0...

Nah, you ain't never heard of me before. Most people's brains can't comprehend the awesomeness that is created from just hearing my name.

Despite all of this, I think according to a new Scout article it makes me believe that UGA is leading for Crowell now. What do you think Sac? Do you know what other places he has visited so far?

Despite all of this, I think according to a new Scout article it makes me believe that UGA is leading for Crowell now. What do you think Sac? Do you know what other places he has visited so far?

UGA leads big for Crowell. As I told someone on this board don't get too excited if Crowell was showing you love months ago.. He has bonded with BMAC and Caleb King. He is not at all afraid of mack brown he said. He is a better rb than Mack is. Per Crowell, Burns is understands what happened now and is okay. We also lead big for Gabe Wright.