Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SWIFT HITTER

I hope Roger Goodell does the right thing

111 posts in this topic

I agree, hes has definitely paid for his crimes, I wish him all the luck int he future. He is no longer a falcon, but he did give falcon nation some great moments!!!!!

And a hit dog will holla.

Word to the wise, MAJORITY of who Black Americans considers our leader, and who we admire, is JESUS.

We don't admire men like us but we do give them props for using their God-giving abilities, whether it's for entertainment, etc.

Just the outrage of dogs, they ARE not our "man's best friend".

Once again, that title belongs to JESUS(for the vast majority)

Thank you for taking the bait Catfish.

I guess reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits. My statement still rings true, it's still pathetically sad that you posted that because there is a degree of truth to it for some people.

I know you were trying to poke people but that statement is pathetically sad

a lot of the hatred for mike stems from his "thugness" (translation = n-wordness)

i doubt the outrage would have been anywhere near this had he not given a girl herpes, smoked weed, flipped off an opposing teams fan making a racist remark, or been black.

to be fair, i dont think the outrage would have been this severe if it had been someone like emmit smith, or larry fitzgerald. mike is just someone people love to hate.

So you're admitting that people that defend Mike Vick do it simply because of his race? That's interesting, I don't think I've seen anyone admit that yet. I just wonder how many that post her supporting Vick are truly racist like you claim they are.

So you're admitting that people that defend Mike Vick do it simply because of his race? That's interesting, I don't think I've seen anyone admit that yet. I just wonder how many that post her supporting Vick are truly racist like you claim they are.

not all, but some, although that wasnt my point. my point was, it could be viewed by black vick supporters as if goodell is caving into pressure from a lot of racially motivated hate towards vick, if he extends the suspension until 2010. vick was hated before the dogfighting situation, that only justified the hatred to alot of people. im not saying its right, the impending claims of racism, im just stating what will likely happen. youre a fool if you think theres not a portion of people who defend vick more intensely because hes black, just like there are some who hate him more just because he's black. if you never noticed the racist hatred directed towards vick before the dogfighting scandal then youre blind or ignorant. there was a lot of racially motivated hatred towards him.

for every vick hater that "will never spend another dollar supporting the nfl if vick is reinstated" theres a vick fan who "will never spend another dollar supporting the nfl is vick is further piled on"

i dont defend vick because of his race and i never stated that all people that defend him do so because he is black. that would be a ridiculous statement. i think race plays a part in a lot of peoples decisions on both sides of the matter. none more than the other.

i give goodell a lot of credit because early on when all this started, he wanted to give vick the benefit of the doubt and did so. so did nike. while the lynch mob was in full war mode off the bat he stood strong against them until real solid evidence came down and he had no choice. i think he really likes vick. you dont find any people that know him who dont say he is a great guy to be around, a very nice, friendly and kind person. im sure he loved those dogs too. maybe not the way you love your dogs but im sure he did and still does.

im still waiting to hear his side of the story, which hasnt happened yet. it will be interesting to say the least.

Seriously, the mentality of Vick's strongest supporters offer ample evidence as to why this great nation is in peril from within.....

The man DOES NOT DESERVE to play in the NFL again, just like PETE ROSE was shunned by baseball.

Just as McDonald's doesn't have to re-hire the throng of Vick cultists fired for theft or inability to correctly assemble my value meal, the employer that Vick defrauded, shamed and lied to does NOT have to re-hire him. The NFL will be just fine if Vick never plays again.

BTW, Vick hasn't "paid his debt to society", he has been in jail. He may now "pay his debt" by working hard, paying taxes and staying out of trouble.

BTW2

Given his character, perhaps Vick should move to Washington and find a job in government as there seems to be no shortage of folks with outstanding character traits like he has displayed....

pete rose bet on baseball. if he had bet on dogfights he would be in the hall of fame right now. end of story.

no, the nfl doesnt have to let vick play again. but it doesnt HAVE TO ban him either. if him getting reinstated gets rid of you as a fan, so be it. ill still be watching football every sunday monday and occasional thursday.

youre right. the nfl will be just fine if vick never plays again.

the nfl will also be just fine if he's reinstated as well.

<_< Wife and girlfriend beaters are allowed to play. Guys that drive drunk and kill other human beings are allowed to play.

If Vick, a guy that lost almost everything and has served his time, can't get back in, something is seriously wrong with the NFL.

I guess reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits. My statement still rings true, it's still pathetically sad that you posted that because there is a degree of truth to it for some people.

Link??

Maybe that's a figment of your imagination. You're going off your assumptions of the matter. If you can find one live video of an individual(legit) saying that Vick is their leader, I will never post about Vick again. Guaranteed.

Like I stated earlier(in which you ignore), some folks don't hold the thought of dogs as "man's best friend. That title belongs to JESUS especially with majority Black Americans. That's why outside the court during the case, you had a vast majority of Blacks as supporters and asking for a fair trial while Peta was consisted of almost all Whites, with their kids and their dogs, with signs degrading Vick even before due process of law. This took place all over the country. Remember the guy who had like a gathering at his resturant where people brought their Vick's jersey for dogs to deficate and urinate of them right here in ATL? That's the EXTREME in which us "Vick's supporters" didn't understand, that extreme hate. And when I say "Vick's supporters", I'm talking about support of fairness in regards to the law. How you equate that to people displaying Vick as a leader is beyond my level thought and actually exist only in your small world of imagination. :rolleyes:

<_< Wife and girlfriend beaters are allowed to play. Guys that drive drunk and kill other human beings are allowed to play.

If Vick, a guy that lost almost everything and has served his time, can't get back in, something is seriously wrong with the NFL.

See I agree with you about the " Guys that drive drunk and kill other human beings are allowed to play. " I don't think any one convicted of a crime should be allowed to play any longer in the N.F.L. So I guess you can figure out the I don't think Vick should be allowed to play either.

See I agree with you about the " Guys that drive drunk and kill other human beings are allowed to play. " I don't think any one convicted of a crime should be allowed to play any longer in the N.F.L. So I guess you can figure out the I don't think Vick should be allowed to play either.

youre entitled to that opinion and i respect why you came to that opinion. i just disagree. i just wonder why it matters to people what happens in football players private lives?