Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SWIFT HITTER

I hope Roger Goodell does the right thing

111 posts in this topic

Thinking of myself as a relatively compassionate person I hope Vick has learned from this experience and has gotten his act together.

Speaking purely as a Falcon fan first and an NFL fan second I won't pay much attention at all to what he does or doesn't do once he is eventually reinstated. It's not that I'm mad at him or hold any kind of grudge against him. It's just that since he isn't a Falcon any longer I just quite frankly don't care that much.

My devotion, attention and interest is squarely centered on the Atlanta Falcons.....Everything else to me is just noise.

I hope that all of you who dont believe in second chances apply that across the board to your own lives. Did you ever need a second chance? How about anyone in your family? Maybe its different for Mike Vick because your mad at him. I would be willing to bet my last dollar that many of you who want the equivalent of the death penalty for Vick have done wrong and needed someone to believe in you and have made good on your opportunity.Dont act as if Vick got away with anything. He paid a severe price for his stupidity but you people[maybe god fearing church going folk) want more. Hypocrits with double standards are hilarious.

IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IN SECOND CHANCES MAKE SURE YOU NEVER ASK FOR ONE.

Bottom line: The NFL doesn't need Vick.

Bottom line pt 2: Vick has a second chance in accordance with the values of this country, just not with his old employer which he defrauded.

Bottom line pt 3: Goodell has to send a message to potential ringleaders of gambling/criminal organizations.

Thinking of myself as a relatively compassionate person I hope Vick has learned from this experience and has gotten his act together.

Speaking purely as a Falcon fan first and an NFL fan second I won't pay much attention at all to what he does or doesn't do once he is eventually reinstated. It's not that I'm mad at him or hold any kind of grudge against him. It's just that since he isn't a Falcon any longer I just quite frankly don't care that much.

My devotion, attention and interest is squarely centered on the Atlanta Falcons.....Everything else to me is just noise.

agree gritz...

I hope Goodell does the right thing and reinstates him, and then all 32 teams do the right thing and don't sign him.

why would not signing him be the right thing?

as a businessperson, goodell may not want to get rid of vick because he would draw attention to the ufl.
Hmm, Lets see: Once an American Citizian is convicted of a FELONY, Does he get "A Second Chance" at VOTING or THE RIGHT TO BARE ARMS or even OWNING A BUSSINESS? Answer: NO

Vick shamed Atlanta much less the NFL in my eye so I hope Goodell does the right thing and CLEAN UP THE NFL!

As a "Customer" (Falcons STH) I help pay team salaries, so I think my opinion has merit as any other "Customer" of a given product.

Then what your statement implies is that Money rules the WEAK! I just hope Goodell isn't WEAK.

Does one need a degree to play in the NFL? NO, so that point towards (IMHO) a privaledge and that to me was lost with the Felony conviction. Lets just call it NFL: National Felony League B)

Bottom line pt 2: Vick has a second chance in accordance with the values of this country, just not with his old employer which he defrauded.

Bottom line pt 3: Goodell has to send a message to potential ringleaders of gambling/criminal organizations.

He has sent messages. Roger will let Vick back into the NFL. He doesn't hold grudges. He isn't some immature kid, not saying you are. He will do what's best for the NFL. And Micheal Vick sells tickets. That's money in Roger's pocket.

as a businessperson, goodell may not want to get rid of vick because he would draw attention to the ufl.

the UFL is nothing more then a flea on the back of the big dog that is the NFL. even with vick.

Then what your statement implies is that Money rules the WEAK! I just hope Goodell isn't WEAK.

Does one need a degree to play in the NFL? NO, so that point towards (IMHO) a privaledge and that to me was lost with the Felony conviction. Lets just call it NFL: National Felony League B)

Money rules everything. Don't kid yourself.

He has sent messages. Roger will let Vick back into the NFL. He doesn't hold grudges. He isn't some immature kid, not saying you are. He will do what's best for the NFL. And Micheal Vick sells tickets. That's money in Roger's pocket.

the nfl doesn't need vick to sell tickets. of the two years vick was in prison only a small fraction of the games were not sold out.

Well I guess the discussion is now closed because you say so with your bottom lines.

1 The NFL doeasnt need any one person.

2 No team is obligated to sign anyone if they dont believe he can help their team.

3 Vick is the only person to ever serve Federal time for dogfighting. He has already been made an example of.

Im sorry to add my 2 cents after you closed the discussion with "bottom lines" and I promise not to do it again.

the nfl doesn't need vick to sell tickets. of the two years vick was in prison only a small fraction of the games were not sold out.

I never said they did. But his jersey's will still fly off the self at stores. He will generate money for the whatever team signs him.

I never said they did. But his jersey's will still fly off the self at stores. He will generate money for the whatever team signs him.

maybe he will, maybe at best he rides the bench, who knows? either way the nfl in no way, shape or form needs vick.

maybe he will, maybe at best he rides the bench, who knows? either way the nfl in no way, shape or form needs vick.

The NFL doesn't need one player. What the NFL does need is fans. And fact is Micheal Vick puts fans in seats.

I look forward to watching Vick play for another team. (being honest)

Here is a "Mark my Words".

Goodell was liberal with Pacman Jones.

Pacman did not sell seats.

Goodell will be very harsh on Vick.

Vick sells seats, and there is no debating that.

Goodell running the NFL to date has been nothing short

of a Monkey grinding the organ for the grinder to dance.

Awww I love the smell of a Vick thread in the morning... It really stings the nostrils.

I hope he gets a chance to play. I also hope he uses his celebrity to leave a postive mark from now on in the community and the NFL.

Question for everyone who hates Dallas and supports Vick. Vick gets reinstated and Dallas signs him. Will you or will you not start watching Cowboy games?

I don't watch Cowboy games now, why would I start just because Vick was on their team?

Awww I love the smell of a Vick thread in the morning... It really stings the nostrils.

I hope he gets a chance to play. I also hope he uses his celebrity to leave a postive mark from now on in the community and the NFL.

:lol:

I look forward to watching Vick play for another team. (being honest)

Here is a "Mark my Words".

Goodell was liberal with Pacman Jones.

Pacman did not sell seats.

Goodell will be very harsh on Vick.

Vick sells seats, and there is no debating that.

Goodell running the NFL to date has been nothing short

of a Monkey grinding the organ for the grinder to dance.

he did suspend Pac for an entire season. Can't say he was liberal with him. And he suspended him for 4 games last year

Vick will not play in the NFL this year.

Once he realizes that ,he should go the UFL route to get in shape.

Of course with only 4 UFL teams he may not start at QB there .

i'd really really really really REALLY would like to see a link for that. ****, arthur had to buy out a ton of seats so that the fans could see the lions game on tv.

I believe Commissioner Goodell has sent a message to the players in the NFL alright. That message is: The image of the NFL is more important than any player and conduct detrimental to that image will not be tolerated.

I believe vick will be suspended for the 2009 season. We'll see, soon.

I believe Commissioner Goodell has sent a message to the players in the NFL alright. That message is: The image of the NFL is more important than any player and conduct detrimental to that image will not be tolerated.

I believe vick will be suspended for the 2009 season. We'll see, soon.

I agree. That's why Micheal has already miss two seasons. He may or may not be suspended this year. But Roger will let him back in the NFL. Because he does believe in second chances. He proved that with Pac

TATF... had to, can't believe it hasn't been said yet! :lol:

I won't go out of my way to watch Vick but if he happens to be playing I won't turn the channel either. He isn't going to be starting for an NFL team this year anyways so I doubt I'll see a snap of him live.....

Mike Vick will be let back in no matter how many Falcons fans hope he is not. And their will come a time when we play the team he is on...That should be interesting to say the least.