Pete Prisco rates the DEs, ABE is 6th

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't really go that far. He was talked about negatively in NY as well

The only knock he ever had there was staying healthy......

When he was on his game like he was last year he was talked about as being maybe the best edge rusher in football......

He comes to Atlanta and has his best year ever and he barely gets a mention as much.

This list blows.... the only one that blows more is the one next to it from Clovdyx... The guy has Aaron Schobel at 9, no JA55 on his list. Nuff said.

I'll take Abe over Peppers any day of the week. I just haven't seen Peppers create havoc in a backfield like our own JA55. Not to mention the amount of money! I remember when people on here wanted Peppers, never did. For the money would have rather had fat Albert.

The only knock he ever had there was staying healthy......

When he was on his game like he was last year he was talked about as being maybe the best edge rusher in football......

He comes to Atlanta and has his best year ever and he barely gets a mention as much.

You would be surprised to know what all analysts had to say about him.

Abe is great for us but he doesnt play a full game and we try to put him on the weakest person on the oline for the most part...........im not knocking him.........i love it.......but you have to consider that into why they wouldnt rank him higher......6 aint bad at all.

This list blows.... the only one that blows more is the one next to it from Clovdyx... The guy has Aaron Schobel at 9, no JA55 on his list. Nuff said.

I'll take Abe over Peppers any day of the week. I just haven't seen Peppers create havoc in a backfield like our own JA55. Not to mention the amount of money! I remember when people on here wanted Peppers, never did. For the money would have rather had fat Albert.

Clovdyx is just an active poster like us.

He is a Pats fan so his biases mirror those of the NE press. Prisco's does too ... but his list blows only slightly less.

I guess that is what makes him a pro. :rolleyes:

BTW ... there was no one more focused, literally, than Abe last season..

Abe is great for us but he doesnt play a full game and we try to put him on the weakest person on the oline for the most part...........im not knocking him.........i love it.......but you have to consider that into why they wouldnt rank him higher......6 aint bad at all.

:huh:

Let the strong side of the line double team & hold him from time to time.

Thats only fair.

Peppers could not carry a whole team on his back the way Abe did.  ;)

Its called creating mismatches......... something EVERY team does.

Peppers moves around

as does Allen...

Freeny and Mathis have been known to switch sides...

but more often then not Abe rushes off the left tackle who is generally a teams best pass blocker..... and he STILL eats them for lunch...

When you look at Abes production and consider the limited snaps he took............. He should be top 2-3

I bet if they surveyed coaches , Abe would get lots more "pub".

With all the attention though we have got lately, I like to see one of our best players be a bit under the radar.

Jared Allen, Mario Williams, and Justin Tuck all can go over or through people. They're tops.

After that, Abraham is in the running with several other guys (he's an edge rusher, and as good as any of those...freeney, etc., and difficult to compare to people like Ty Warren who's a run stopper.)

Those top 3 guys, though, and bad men.

Its called creating mismatches......... something EVERY team does.

Peppers moves around

as does Allen...

Freeny and Mathis have been known to switch sides...

but more often then not Abe rushes off the left tackle who is generally a teams best pass blocker..... and he STILL eats them for lunch...

When you look at Abes production and consider the limited snaps he took............. He should be top 2-3

I bet if they surveyed coaches , Abe would get lots more "pub".

With all the attention though we have got lately, I like to see one of our best players be a bit under the radar.

oh really they are called mismatches wow....i didnt know that........as I said I wasnt knocking him....but thats what they point out. Add that with him playing limited time and you give people a reason to knock your game.

oh really they are called mismatches wow....i didnt know that........as I said I wasnt knocking him....but thats what they point out. Add that with him playing limited time and you give people a reason to knock your game.

The point is still.......

It is because he played in atlanta.

Put him back in NY with the year he had ,16.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles........

And even with limited time, I went bet money his name would be brought up as DPOY....

The point is still.......

It is because he played in atlanta.

Put him back in NY with the year he had ,16.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles........

And even with limited time, I went bet money his name would be brought up as DPOY....

You folks always want to play the victim......'its because we are Atlanta" "we never get any love" "wah wah wah".

You folks always want to play the victim......'its because we are Atlanta" "we never get any love" "wah wah wah".

Its not so much playing the victim.........

its just the bias that the sports media has.

It has always been there for the larger market teams with a history of success.

I mean look at Eli Manning......after the giants won the superbowl, you would think he was the greatest qb to ever live.

Even though atlanta is a larger market, the fact we have been so bad for so long it makesi t hard for some of our GREAT players to get any real media attention.

It has somewhat improved but the bias is still there...

3 guys that are among the greats to play their positions that probably wont ever get the recognition they deserve, Mike Kenn, Jessie Tuggle and of course Tommy Nobis.........all are neglected simply because they play in atlanta