• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And do the research before you spout about all the benefits of running, I have done the research because I used to Run and Jog along with weight training before I found out that all of them lead to very bad things for your body as you age. I am not saying dont be a active person because being a unactive person can lead to a unhealthly lifestyle as well. But the key to human health is genetics. People are programmed by our DNA to develop most of the dieases and conditions that end up ending our lifes. Heart disease, most cancers and others can be directly traced to genetics and family history you can weight 350 pounds and be perfectly healthy but others can be of avg height and weight and be 180 and have major heart issues because of genetics. of course you can not rule out lifestyles that also can cause deadly disease, sexual transmitted diseases such as Aids, and some other cancers such as lung cancer, and some mental conditions such as liberallism is caused by massive and uncontrolled drug use, so you have to weigh that as well.

While running is deadly for your body, walking is actually the best thing you can do for your body. Walking a couple of miles a day at a brisk but not fast pace and pacing yourself is the best excerise you can get. Running overdoes it and makes all your bodily fuctions work harder than normal and that leads to problems as you grow older and all major medical research confirms it.

Once you reach 30 years of age, you should stop all running and walk about two miles a day to maintain a healthy lifestyle but remember if you get on a massive amounts of painkillers, and have hunderds of experimental operations like Michael Jackson you should be frightened to turn 50.

Guest Gritz
And do the research before you spout about all the benefits of running, I have done the research because I used to Run and Jog along with weight training before I found out that all of them lead to very bad things for your body as you age. I am not saying dont be a active person because being a unactive person can lead to a unhealthly lifestyle as well. But the key to human health is genetics. People are programmed by our DNA to develop most of the dieases and conditions that end up ending our lifes. Heart disease, most cancers and others can be directly traced to genetics and family history you can weight 350 pounds and be perfectly healthy but others can be of avg height and weight and be 180 and have major heart issues because of genetics. of course you can not rule out lifestyles that also can cause deadly disease, sexual transmitted diseases such as Aids, and some other cancers such as lung cancer, and some mental conditions such as liberallism is caused by massive and uncontrolled drug use, so you have to weigh that as well.

While running is deadly for your body, walking is actually the best thing you can do for your body. Walking a couple of miles a day at a brisk but not fast pace and pacing yourself is the best excerise you can get. Running overdoes it and makes all your bodily fuctions work harder than normal and that leads to problems as you grow older and all major medical research confirms it.

Once you reach 30 years of age, you should stop all running and walk about two miles a day to maintain a healthy lifestyle but remember if you get on a massive amounts of painkillers, and have hunderds of experimental operations like Michael Jackson you should be frightened to turn 50.

I've done the research. I've also been a runner for 31 years. Feast your eyes on this:

Running is one of the best activities most people can do to improve their health. Running regularly can help with weight loss, fighting aging and disease, and with generally staying healthy.

Many people start running in order to win the battle of the bulge. Whether they are obese or just want to lose that last five pounds, or even if they just want to stay at the weight they are at, approximately 60% of runners start running to manage their weight. Running is one of the top activities for burning fat. In fact, with the exception of cross country skiing, running burns more calories per minute than any other form of cardiovascular exercise.

Running regularly also has been proven to help fight the aging process. It prevents muscle and bone loss that often occur with age. Our bones are made to accommodate the demands placed upon them. By sitting at a computer all day many of us allow our bones to grow weaker, but by running regularly our skeleton gets the demand it needs to stay healthy. In addition to keep our insides from aging quickly, regular, high-intensity exercise, like running, has also been proven to promote the human growth hormone, which celebrities have taken injections of for years to keep them looking young.

Amazingly running also helps to fight disease. Running reduces the risk of stroke and breast cancer. Regular running has become a treatment option for doctors to prescribe to patients who are at a high risk, or early stages, of osteoporosis, diabetes, and hypertension. It reduces the risk of heart attacks, by strengthening the heart and lowering blood pressure. Running lowers blood pressure and maintains the elasticity of arteries incredibly well because as you run your arteries expand and contract nearly three times as much as usual.

Running also helps maintain and improve general health. It raises HDL (or "good") cholesterol, reduces the risk of blood clots, and encourages use of the 50% of your lungs that usually go unused. Running also boost the immune system by creating a higher concentration of lymphocytes (white blood cells that attack disease).

As you can see, the health benefits of running are many and varied. But that alone isn't all that you can reap from running regularly. There are also many psychological benefits.

You lose. Again. If you ever get anything right on this message board it will be the first time.

Don't you ever get tired of having your azz handed to you in every discussion?........... :lol: :lol:

I just did in January........ :o

I'm trying to hedge my bets though. I don't smoke, I drink very little and I run about 20 miles a week.......

Doesn't mean I won't gack tomorrow, but at least I'm tryin'............... ;)

Keep on trying, my friend. Anything you do to keep fit is only going to maximize your chances to reach an advanced age.

Not smoking is one of the best decisions you'll ever make. :D

I'm turning 58 tomorrow and hope to make it to at least 90! I was a competitive soccer player (both indoor and outdoor) until I turned 52: played goal keeper and fullback for years, never smoked but will confess to enjoying a beer or glass of wine (or two). :lol::lol:

Guest Gritz
Keep on trying, my friend. Anything you do to keep fit is only going to maximize your chances to reach an advanced age.

Not smoking is one of the best decisions you'll ever make. :D

I'm turning 58 tomorrow and hope to make it to at least 90! I was a competitive soccer player (both indoor and outdoor) until I turned 52: played goal keeper and fullback for years, never smoked but will confess to enjoying a beer or glass of wine (or two). :lol::lol:

Happy early birthday to ya brother....and I'm with you on the beer and/or wine every now and then....... ;)

I mean, there's no point in being a monk about things......... :D

Guest Gritz

You know with all of the joking about him and everything he still seemed to be an alright guy who didn't take himself or his job too seriously.

R.I.P. Billy......

You are right about swimming, it is the best weight loss tool there is next to WALKING not Running.

Most people who run on a reg basis are skinny because they dont eat anything to speak of that is all. Next time you stop by a hosptial Gritbliter, go check out the heart ward, and see what doctors do when they profrom stress test, they put people on treadmills, and get their heart rate up to see if they pass of fail, Running makes your heart rate rise so rapidly it can be dangerous, something of a ticking time bomb in your body..............Doctors never tell a person to run, even a overweight person because it is dangerous. Now fitness trainers do, because they are not paid to look after the persons best interest and they are not doctors.

You are right about swimming, it is the best weight loss tool there is next to WALKING not Running.

Most people who run on a reg basis are skinny because they dont eat anything to speak of that is all. Next time you stop by a hosptial Gritbliter, go check out the heart ward, and see what doctors do when they profrom stress test, they put people on treadmills, and get their heart rate up to see if they pass of fail, Running makes your heart rate rise so rapidly it can be dangerous, something of a ticking time bomb in your body..............Doctors never tell a person to run, even a overweight person because it is dangerous. Now fitness trainers do, because they are not paid to look after the persons best interest and they are not doctors.

I agree that swimming is probably better because of the lack of jolt to the joints. FWIW, my GP is about my age and he runs. We talk about it all the time and he says--as with all things--you just use common sense, listen to your body. I'm 6'3" and between 180-190 at age 51. I've had a treadmill heart stress test done in the last year or so and that is much of the reason I resumed running...just to be in better general condition. While walking briskly is good it doesn't make you work up a purifying sweat like more vigorous exercise does, IMO. Hey, I may keel over in the Peachtree Road Race this Saturday and you can say I told you so but I find the benefits of running to outweigh the detriments the main one sof which are joint (back, hips, knee, etc.) related. I have a fairly physical job as well...not a desk jockey...so that plays into all this as well.

Guest Gritz

:lol: :lol:

Do you always just talk out of your azz?

Most runners I know (myself included) have very healthy appetites and specifically eat a good amount of carbs because of the fuel it provides.

I have forgotten more about nutrition/exercise than you'll ever know....

But go ahead and throw some more bullsheet out here....... :lol: :lol:

Whatcha got?