Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MashDaddy

Jamie Dukes once again proves he is an Idiot

105 posts in this topic

Wow, talk about idiotic. My loathing of Vick aside, even when he was at the height of his game he wasn't the best player in the league.

He was never the best but he had the potential to be one of the greatest. I remember this board being filled with enthusiasm the summer the summer Vick went to jail. All we heard were reports of him making good reads, the offense looking unstoppable and Petrino working well with him. Now we all know the about the incredible crash that happened afterward, but you can't deny his ceiling was probably higher than any player to ever play the game. Just for the record I would never take Vick to start a franchise with, not now. The Vick of 04' yes.

I dont see whats wrong. I would start a franchise with Vick if i had a great O line and Fitz and Calvin Johnson and Roddy in the slot With Turner running the ball. If you dont think I would have a outstanding Offense youre off your rocker.

The complete disrespect for the man that made our team competitive and relevant again really doesnt surprise me. Most days you can really tell the difference between the bandwagon fans and those that have falcon red in their bloodstream. Yes Vick did something bad and we got ****** over but he did a lot on this team considering he had no line and 2 recievers that dropped almost everything. I support Matt Ryan now and hope he becomes the best QB the NFL has ever seen but to stomp on all that Mike Vick did for this team is completly disrespectful. Not saying he is perfect but youre **** sure not perfect either.

Dude, really? Lets ignore the terrible situation that his selfish actions put this team in. Lets paint a picture of Vick and rainbows and unicorns. He made us exciting yes, but I argue Arthur Blank is what changed this franchises direction, not Michael Vick.

Vick and Blank hand in hand changed the direction of this franchise. An owner does not become the face of a franchise, or sell out seats. I've never heard of the "Blank" experience. I'm not defending Vick, but it seems people tend to forget how relevant he made our franchise.

Relevant how?

We still never got back to back winning seasons

Sure he was fun to watch but no one really believed we would ever win anything with a gimmick QB.

The NFC Championship was pretty much the best example of that. The Eagles completely shut down Vick while styling on our wack *** defense.

Sure Vick was fun to watch, but as far as making the team "relevant" he wasn't ever going to do that.

Michael Vick.....He said he would make a team a Top ranked offense instantly....Not sure if I could buy that....but out of ALL the players in the NFL he would choose vick.....Wowzer....this isnt a shot at vick but seriously all of us could decide something better....maybe a top ranked QB or Defensive Stand out like a young Ray Lewis....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-tota...=headline_video

If you want a team that will be interesting, can win 13 games one year & lose 13 the next all with the same personnel, then sure, Vick is the guy to build around. If you don't want to build a consistent winning program, then go for it JD.

The complete disrespect for the man that made our team competitive and relevant again really doesnt surprise me. Most days you can really tell the difference between the bandwagon fans and those that have falcon red in their bloodstream. Yes Vick did something bad and we got ****** over but he did a lot on this team considering he had no line and 2 recievers that dropped almost everything. I support Matt Ryan now and hope he becomes the best QB the NFL has ever seen but to stomp on all that Mike Vick did for this team is completly disrespectful. Not saying he is perfect but youre **** sure not perfect either.

Vick and Blank hand in hand changed the direction of this franchise. An owner does not become the face of a franchise, or sell out seats. I've never heard of the "Blank" experience. I'm not defending Vick, but it seems people tend to forget how relevant he made our franchise.

Relevant? I don't think so.

Interesting? Circus sideshow attraction? Sure, I'd buy that.

But I don't see any NFC championship banners or SuperBowl victory Banners in the GA Dome from the Vick era, so relevant? Nah, not buying it.

If his recievers caught the ball he would........give him Fitz and Bolden and its game over

Sure, give Vick an all-pro team, and he'll shine. Oh wait. He already was on an all-pro team. Let's review how he did in the pro bowl, which is just like a practice game with the best of the best. No special defenses, no blitzing, etc. Just basic defense.

4 for 12, 69 passing yards, 1 passing TD, 1 INT, 2 rushing attempts, 17 rushing yards, 1 fumble

Vick sucks.

Relevant how?

We still never got back to back winning seasons

Sure he was fun to watch but no one really believed we would ever win anything with a gimmick QB.

The NFC Championship was pretty much the best example of that. The Eagles completely shut down Vick while styling on our wack *** defense.

Sure Vick was fun to watch, but as far as making the team "relevant" he wasn't ever going to do that.

You just made my argument for me.

Relevant? I don't think so.

Interesting? Circus sideshow attraction? Sure, I'd buy that.

But I don't see any NFC championship banners or SuperBowl victory Banners in the GA Dome from the Vick era, so relevant? Nah, not buying it.

Relevant does not equal great. You're asking for an NFC Championship or Superbowl Banner, that's pretty demanding. Matt Ryan didn't win an NFC Championship or Superbowl banner, but he turned around the perception of our franchise, is he not relevant either. The point is Vick brought excitement to this team. Like I said before, it's not the Blank experience and Blank doesn't sell out stadiums, Vick did.

Relevant does not equal great. You're asking for an NFC Championship or Superbowl Banner, that's pretty demanding. Matt Ryan didn't win an NFC Championship or Superbowl banner, but he turned around the perception of our franchise, is he not relevant either. The point is Vick brought excitement to this team. Like I said before, it's not the Blank experience and Blank doesn't sell out stadiums, Vick did.

Vick had 6 seasons, Ryan has had one. Are we relevant right now? No, JMO, we will not be relevant until we are consistent winners. Are we interesting to talk about with Ryan? Yes, because like when Vick was early in his career here, we are showing the potential to be relevant. The difference, and I probably didn't make the point very well, is not that we have to win an NFC Championship or a superbowl, but that we have to be contending for it for multiple, consecutive seasons, but winning one or more would definitely help make us relevant. With Vick, we were not contending every year, we were not consistent. Without consistency you can never really be relevant. In Vick's last 2 seasons, we were 15-14 with him starting. That's not relevant, that's mediocre, although it was exciting and interesting to watch Vick, because even though teams had learned how to defend & slow him down, he could still make some amazing plays with his athletic ability.

I think our definitions of relevant are just different.

There you go...because I'm not hating like you I'm on his nutz...lol...I know a good football player when I see one...Vick is a good player...

motivator8290451kl6gb6.jpg

Isn't Dukes the same guy that said he would not believe Mike Vick was involved in dog fighting unless he saw a picture of him at a dog fight? He completely lost all his credibility with that one.

I think you forgot about the 75 QB rating and the 52% completion rating. Oh yeah and 13 INTs.

its a shame we never got to see vick with a maturing roddy white and michael turner behind a beastly and talented oline. his fault, but still a shame all the same.

its a shame we never got to see vick with a maturing roddy white and michael turner behind a beastly and talented oline. his fault, but still a shame all the same.

Yes, Roddy could play with Joey Harrington but not Vick?

It was Vick holding Roddy back, not the other way around.

Why does the argument FOR Vick always seem to hinge around him being set up in the PERFECT situation?

10 ProBowlers on the offense, the ghost of Bill Walsh calling the plays, etc?

Because he wasn't a good QB. A good QB elevates the play around him. Look at White pre and post Vick....

Why does the argument FOR Vick always seem to hinge around him being set up in the PERFECT situation?

10 ProBowlers on the offense, the ghost of Bill Walsh calling the plays, etc?

Because he wasn't a good QB. A good QB elevates the play around him. Look at White pre and post Vick....

It would probably be more fitting to say pre-joe horn Roddy and post joe horn Roddy

or pre actual reciever coach or post onlineman wr coach.

I just hope carolina doesnt pick him up

Agreed. People don't get it. Everytime Vick stepped on field, he gave the Falcons a chance to win. Other teams knew this.

Blah, Blah, Blah...

-it wasn't his fault, the receivers sucked

-it wasn't his fault, the o-line sucked

-it wasn't his fault, the OC made a bad plan

-it wasn't his fault, they wouldn't let him audible.

Stop...at some point, something is MV7's fault. And Dukes is a moron. There is no way in H_LL Vick is the best player to build a team around, as a franchise player. He wouldn't even be top ten, if I were starting my own franchise, and I think Warren Sapp summed it up. You can stop MV. The Bucs did, and you saw the decline in his rushing numbers as teams followed the Vick Blueprint for defense that the Bucs laid down.... :lol::lol::lol:

You meant the Greg Knapp blueprint. What it amouted too was stopping Knapp's game plan. Go ahead and tell me this guy was good.

Running the ball is for running backs....I'm glad we got a pocket passer like Matt Ryan, Who can read a defense.

That last statement is true about Matt Ryan but we don't know if Vick could or not. It wasn't like Knapp was giving him the freedom to do so, but we did see that when given time he can make the progressions from his 1st option down to his last option before he runs. We use to get mad at him because he ran too much and then when he tried to sit in the pocket we were critical about him being in the pocket.

Last time I checked the QB's job wasn't to pass but to lead his team to victory by any means necessary. The first QBs in the NFL dind't even pass the ball, so that tells you the job of the QB is more than just passing.

That last statement is true about Matt Ryan but we don't know if Vick could or not. It wasn't like Knapp was giving him the freedom to do so, but we did see that when given time he can make the progressions from his 1st option down to his last option before he runs. We use to get mad at him because he ran too much and then when he tried to sit in the pocket we were critical about him being in the pocket.

Last time I checked the QB's job wasn't to pass but to lead his team to victory by any means necessary. The first QBs in the NFL dind't even pass the ball, so that tells you the job of the QB is more than just passing.

Its not about football anymore. Its all about stats. I bet Jamarcuss has some sort of miracle turn around this season. Analyst will say its because of extra or my him losing weight. Ill know it'll be because knapps gone

Its not about football anymore. Its all about stats. I bet Jamarcuss has some sort of miracle turn around this season. Analyst will say its because of extra or my him losing weight. Ill know it'll be because knapps gone

Exactly! :lol:

He has brain damaged plain and simple. Sorta like the guy that called Simeon Rice overrated because he wasn't good against the run. Im sorry but 122 career sacks is far from overrated.

If his recievers caught the ball he would........give him Fitz and Bolden and its game over

why does vick need fitz and bolden to get it done? mcnabb get's it done with no names and rookies. heck even ryan got it done with the guys vick couldn't and he didn't even have crumpler.

You meant the Greg Knapp blueprint. What it amouted too was stopping Knapp's game plan. Go ahead and tell me this guy was good.

greg knapp sucked, but that doesn't absolve vick.