Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MashDaddy

Jamie Dukes once again proves he is an Idiot

105 posts in this topic

sadly disagree i think letting go of Brett farve was the worst decision in Atlanta franchise history

Brett Favre would have drank himself out of the NFL if he stayed here. Favre has openly stated this.

The complete disrespect for the man that made our team competitive and relevant again really doesnt surprise me. Most days you can really tell the difference between the bandwagon fans and those that have falcon red in their bloodstream. Yes Vick did something bad and we got ****** over but he did a lot on this team considering he had no line and 2 recievers that dropped almost everything. I support Matt Ryan now and hope he becomes the best QB the NFL has ever seen but to stomp on all that Mike Vick did for this team is completly disrespectful. Not saying he is perfect but youre **** sure not perfect either.

Running the ball is for running backs....I'm glad we got a pocket passer like Matt Ryan, Who can read a defense.

Running the ball is for anyone with the ball and the space to run. A TD is a TD. Matt hasnt proven he can read defenses any better.

Yeah I know im not a "fan" because I questioned the greatness of Matt Ryan but Im not completely sold.

The complete disrespect for the man that made our team competitive and relevant again really doesnt surprise me. Most days you can really tell the difference between the bandwagon fans and those that have falcon red in their bloodstream. Yes Vick did something bad and we got ****** over but he did a lot on this team considering he had no line and 2 recievers that dropped almost everything. I support Matt Ryan now and hope he becomes the best QB the NFL has ever seen but to stomp on all that Mike Vick did for this team is completly disrespectful. Not saying he is perfect but youre **** sure not perfect either.

Dude, really? Lets ignore the terrible situation that his selfish actions put this team in. Lets paint a picture of Vick and rainbows and unicorns. He made us exciting yes, but I argue Arthur Blank is what changed this franchises direction, not Michael Vick.

Matt has proven he can read defenses any better.

Fix this statement. I hope you just didn't try to suggest Matt Ryan hasn't proven he can read defenses any better, because you're going to get laughed at.

Jamie Dukes should be hired as a GM for some team other than Detroit , because he reminds me of a young Matt Millen........... :D

Fix this statement. I hope you just didn't try to suggest Matt Ryan hasn't proven he can read defenses any better, because you're going to get laughed at.

Its alright you can laugh. I am. Matt has an actual coaching staff. Vick only had that benefit once and his production was similar.

Imagine Matt under Mora and Knapp. I cringe at the thought of Hasselback under mora and Knapp. Dont get me wrong Matt's going to the best one of he best Falcons ever, but to take away Vick's QB talents is just wrong.

Jamie Dukes all time dream team:

QB: Vick, Ryan Leaf, and Vince Young

RB: Maurice Clarett and Lawrence Phillips. O.J. gets an honorable mention, but he waited until retirement to become a felon.

WR: Donte Stallworth, Andre Rison and T.O. Marvin Harrison might make the team as a special teamer if his gun shot that dude like they claim.

OL: Alex Karras

Defense:

DT: Tank Johnson - nothing like getting your bodyguard shot and killed and forgetting you have guns laying around illegally.

DE/OLB: Lawrence Taylor (In fairness, cocaine really DID make him superman)

LB: Odell Thurman and Al Wilson. Ray Lewis gets an honorable mention for being around murderers - but he's actually good.

FS: Eugene Robinson

CB: Pacman (like you didn't see that one coming)

ST:

Kicker: Paul Hornung

Let's think of some more O and D linemen.

Vick never put in the work to even try to understand NFL defenses. Last one there, first to leave, avoid watching film and working out. That's Vick.

I love that it's the players forum with 3 surefire, 1st ballot HOFers and there is Jamie Dukes, there to say the most ridiculous thing ever.

Jamie, here is some advice: Say Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and then shut up.

It kills me how some of you are still hung up on Vick.....The guy screwed this team over bad, and if it wasnt for Dimitrioff/Coach Smith. and above all Turner and Matt Ryan we would still be paying for that Boneheads selfish acts.

VICK IS A STRAIGHT UP LOSER AND I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR HIM WHEN HE SCREWED MY TEAM OVER, SEEMS LIKE MOST OF YOU THINK HE IS THE VICTIM IN ALL THIS....**** THAT DOG KILLING WEED SMOKING IDIOT, I'LL TAKE A PAGE FROM VICKS BOOK AND GIVE YOU THE FINGER!

Michael_.jpg

It kills me how some of you are still hung up on Vick.....The guy screwed this team over bad, and if it wasnt for Dimitrioff/Coach Smith. and above all Turner and Matt Ryan we would still be paying for that Boneheads selfish acts.

VICK IS A STRAIGHT UP LOSER AND I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR HIM WHEN HE SCREWED MY TEAM OVER, SEEMS LIKE MOST OF YOU THINK HE IS THE VICTIM IN ALL THIS....**** THAT DOG KILLING WEED SMOKING IDIOT, I'LL TAKE A PAGE FROM VICKS BOOK AND GIVE YOU THE FINGER!

Michael_.jpg

You said it perfectly and you have the perfect picture to show he could care less about his fans

and i would also like to say vick couldnt throw, he was dumb as a rock and a punk who screwed us over

If his recievers caught the ball he would........give him Fitz and Bolden and its game over

:D Give me Fitz and Bolden and its game over

:D Give me Fitz and Bolden and its game over

I was thinking the same thing......

You give Fitz and Bolden to the gay dude that was just in American Idol and he'd be a good quarterback......

Well, probably tight end but I digress......... :lol::o

There you go...because I'm not hating like you I'm on his nutz...lol...I know a good football player when I see one...Vick is a good player...

I agree Vick is probably still a good player, just not the player you start a team with. This does explain Dukes' hate of the Falcons. He sees Vick's whole situation as the Falcons fault.

Don't let your hate for Mike Vick get things twisted...What other OB in the NFL has the potential to throw for 3,500-4,000 and run for a 1,000 in the same season? What other OB has the potential to throw a bomb for a TD or run for a long TD on any play?

Potentially?

That's a dangerous word because potentially Pat White, McNabb, Tim Tebow, Vince Young, etc could all do it one day provided they're in the right system, have the right coach, etc.

Even when Vick rushed for 1,000 yards didn't we finish 7-9?

It's about winning games.... not scoring fantasy football points.

That's the sad thing about Vick... he never lived up to his potential.

All you got with Vick and his fans are excuses.... "If Vick had different recievers, a different coach, and a different o-line, then he would have won every superbowl ever!"

Good QB's make the players around them better. Vick was a good runner and with a strong arm, yes, but he made the players around him worse. Football is the ULTIMATE team sport and the good teams can always take away some aspect of your game and make you beat them some other way. Vick was a one-man show and that just doesn't work in the NFL. He should have been a tennis player.

Vick was a good passer...so you get over it...

This post above is the internet equivalent of AIDS. And I don't mean the good Magic Johnson kind.

Vick was a pretty awful passer overall. His mechanics left a lot to be desired. He had a knack for throwing over heads and at feet. And that was when they were in the right place. Did he have some decent passes? Yes. Was he an overall great passer? No. Not ever.

28 and 13 isn't bad...my bad 20 and 13 because they dropped 8 TD's...so if they dropped 8 TD's imagine how many passes they dropped...that explains your QB rating and completion %...

Blah, Blah, Blah...

-it wasn't his fault, the receivers sucked

-it wasn't his fault, the o-line sucked

-it wasn't his fault, the OC made a bad plan

-it wasn't his fault, they wouldn't let him audible.

Stop...at some point, something is MV7's fault. And Dukes is a moron. There is no way in H_LL Vick is the best player to build a team around, as a franchise player. He wouldn't even be top ten, if I were starting my own franchise, and I think Warren Sapp summed it up. You can stop MV. The Bucs did, and you saw the decline in his rushing numbers as teams followed the Vick Blueprint for defense that the Bucs laid down.... :lol::lol::lol:

My favorite part of the video is Marshall Faulk rolling his eyes... He seems disgusted that someone would even suggest that.

Jamie Dukes is a ******* joke.... how did he get that job is beyond me..Its a embarssment his love for Vick he will give Matt Ryan and our franchise no credit and try and disapprove anything we do foward..