Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

womfalcs3

Game Critics Announce The "Official" Best Of E3

62 posts in this topic

http://kotaku.com/5300689/game-critics-ann...cial-best-of-e3

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves wins "best of show".

There were three games that critics basically thought were the best:

- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

- Scribblenauts (DS)

- God of War III (PS3)

Uncharted 2 wins the overall award, though.

Best of Show

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

(Naughty Dog/Sony Computer Entertainment America for PlayStation 3)

Best Console Game

Best Action/Adventure Game

Hmm... Wom... Wouldn't "the best" include the best PC game, handheld game, and then hardware/perhiperal instead of just the best console game?

Best of Show

Best Original Game

Scribblenauts

(5TH Cell/Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment for Nintendo DS)

Best Console Game

Best PC Game

Star Wars: The Old Republic

(BioWare Austin/LucasArts)

Best Handheld Game

Scribblenauts

Best Hardware/Peripheral

"Project Natal"

(Microsoft for Xbox 360)

Best Action Game

Modern Warfare 2

(Infinity Ward/Activision for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)

Best Role Playing Game

Mass Effect 2

(BioWare/Electronic Arts for Xbox 360, PC)

Best Racing Game

Split/Second

(Black Rock/Disney Interactive Studios for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)

Best Sports Game

Fight Night Round 4

(EA Canada/EA Sports for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Best Fighting Game

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

(Eighting/Capcom for Nintendo Wii)

Best Strategy Game

Supreme Commander 2

(Gas Powered Games/Square-Enix for Xbox 360, PC)

Best Social/Casual/Puzzle

DJ Hero

(Freestyle/Red Octane/Activision for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii)

Best Online Multiplayer

Left 4 Dead 2

(Valve/EAP for Xbox 360, PC)

Hmm... Wom... Wouldn't "the best" include the best PC game, handheld game, and then hardware/perhiperal instead of just the best console game?

Best of Show

Best Original Game

Scribblenauts

Best Console Game

Best PC Game

Star Wars: The Old Republic

(BioWare Austin/LucasArts)

Best Handheld Game

Scribblenauts

Best Hardware/Peripheral

"Project Natal"

(Microsoft for Xbox 360)

Best Action Game

Modern Warfare 2

(Infinity Ward/Activision for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)

Best Role Playing Game

Mass Effect 2

Best Racing Game

Split/Second

(Black Rock/Disney Interactive Studios for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)

Best Sports Game

Fight Night Round 4

(EA Canada/EA Sports for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

Best Fighting Game

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

(Eighting/Capcom for Nintendo Wii)

Best Strategy Game

Supreme Commander 2

(Gas Powered Games/Square-Enix for Xbox 360, PC)

Best Social/Casual/Puzzle

DJ Hero

(Freestyle/Red Octane/Activision for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii)

Best Online Multiplayer

Left 4 Dead 2

He put the link in there that included everything you just listed. He just listed those three games that are getting the most critical acclaim.

I in no way always agree with Wom, but some of you guys are ridiculous in the way you try to attack everything he says.

:lol: Wom would have been nowhere near this if Uncharted didn't "win."

Exactly.

Too bad I like the game, otherwise I'd hate on this thread.

He put the link in there that included everything you just listed. He just listed those three games that are getting the most critical acclaim.

I in no way always agree with Wom, but some of you guys are ridiculous in the way you try to attack everything he says.

it's the usual. even threads that don't provoke them they come in attacking him.

it's the usual. even threads that don't provoke them they come in attacking him.

His thread title says he is posting the best of E3, yet he only quotes the Best of Show, Best Original Game, and Best Console(same as Best of Show) awards without quoting the other "Best of's". He also only points out the awards that Uncharted won specifically. He then states God of War III is one of the three most highly praised games, yet it wasn't mentioned anywhere in his source. His post comes off more as a way to throw out Uncharted and the PS3 in general than an open presentation to the Best of Awards.

Maybe all that doesn't seem odd to you, but considering his posting history, I am calling that out every time.

Cmon Jim, I know you ain't like that. Are you guys blind?

If he was a 360 fan his post would've looked like this:

Best Hardware/Peripheral

"Project Natal"

(Microsoft for Xbox 360)

Best Role Playing Game

Mass Effect 2

Best Online Multiplayer

Left 4 Dead 2

That's just the way he is. He claims he posts "facts", and these are indeed facts, but this thread wouldn't have existed had the award gone to another game. So yes he posts "facts" -- but biased ones at that. And like Ace pointed out, God of War is NOWHERE near that link.

Jim seems to spend most of his time in this forum defending wom. Why? I have no idea. He cheers the same thing happening to snake in ABF. Hypocritical.

God of War III was best of show in several publications/venues, including GameTrailers; they participated in that game critics award.

The three games I posted were those that encompass every single critic's best of show designation. No critic gave another game that award.

This is about best of show. Best of show overall, and best console game. Those are the big-time awards. I provided the link to the entire article, so that those who want to read more about this can.

UCSB, Woody, and Falcon: "Oh my God. He posted a DS game there as one of the games to get critical acclaim at E3. He's a DS fanboy!11!! OMGZ. Let's ruin every thread in the video gaming forum perpetuating this."

God of War III was best of show in several publications/venues, including GameTrailers; they participated in that game critics award.

The three games I posted were those that encompass every single critic's best of show designation. No critic gave another game that award.

This is about best of show. Best of show overall, and best console game. Those are the big-time awards.

UCSB, Woody, and Falcon: "Oh my God. He posted a DS game there as one of the games to get critical acclaim at E3. He's a DS fanboy!11!! OMGZ."

You post a source, and we go by that source. Your post was about the Best of Awards for E3. You didn't make a post entitled about Uncharted 2 winning the Best of Show Award. You then go outside of your only listed source to point out God of War III. You only point out the 3 awards that Uncharted won, and they weren't all the ones you said were most important.

If you sat here and made the same post, while only pointing out one game for the DS or the Xbox, and then went outside your source to mention a game for that same console; I would call you out the same as well.

UCSB, Woody, and Falcon: "Oh my God. He posted a DS game there as one of the games to get critical acclaim at E3. He's a DS fanboy!11!! OMGZ. Let's ruin every thread in the video gaming forum perpetuating this."

Lol, gtfo.

WOM: Oh my god, some expressed their satisfaction with the 360 or their desire to purchase one. I must ruin the thread by copying and pasting the same nonsense I have used for years now.

Chicken or the egg nerd? Your posts are a blight on this forum. You have 2 or 3 people that seem to support you, but that is their prerogative. You're a troll, you get treated as such.

I'm still not understanding all the hating people do on Wom.

Nobody cares enough about Wom to hate him. He's just the forum joke.

Wom posted the link to every awards given.

Let me guess, the people b****ing are the ones who are mad he didn't list 360 games.

For people who complain about him being a PS fanboy the 360 fanboys have the biggest circle jerk going in this forum by far.

I'm still not understanding all the hating people do on Wom.

In my view, wom is the same type of poster as snake. They post the same theme, over and over again, and talk down to and attack those who disagree. Occasionally they post something relevant, but after years and years of this type of behavior, the whole of their contributions to this board are mocked and dismissed by most. Hiding behind the victim card is severley undercut by the attacking nature of many of their posts. Just my opinion, I don't speak for anyone else.

Nobody cares enough about Wom to hate him. He's just the forum joke.

Pretty much. Hate is a word I reserve for truly messed up people. Wom is a joke.

Let me guess, the people b****ing are the ones who are mad he didn't list 360 games.

For people who complain about him being a PS fanboy the 360 fanboys have the biggest circle jerk going in this forum by far.

I only know of one XBOX 360 fanboy in this forum, and I have ripped him on occasion to. It is the type of post, not the content, that people mock. You keep ignoring that every time you defend wom. This is about people on this board that are sick of trolls, not some juvenile fanboy argument. Most people who rip wom have both the PS3 and the 360, so how could your argument hold any water?

I believe a lot of us "360 fanboys" have both systems. I enjoy my PS3. What I don't enjoy is people blindly slobbering over a piece of hardware, be it with consoles or computers. And like UCSB said, it is the way of posting, not the content. If someone was posting things about the 360 like Wom does I'd bash him too.

I only know of one XBOX 360 fanboy in this forum, and I have ripped him on occasion to. It is the type of post, not the content, that people mock. You keep ignoring that every time you defend wom. This is about people on this board that are sick of trolls, not some juvenile fanboy argument. Most people who rip wom have both the PS3 and the 360, so how could your argument hold any water?

It is the type of post, not the content.

Why is everyone crying about the content then. He didn't bash anyone or any system. He just didn't list every single category. He also provided a link for anyone who wanted to see everything. This could esily be a thread about agreeing or disagreeing with awards given to a particular game in a particular category, but instead it is a bunch of what are suposed to be men crying about the way someone posts things. Good luck with that whole being sick of trolls thing.

"I don't mind what you said, just the way you said it".............really? This is what you want to sound like?

Why is everyone crying about the content then. He didn't bash anyone or any system. He just didn't list every single category. He also provided a link for anyone who wanted to see everything. This could esily be a thread about agreeing or disagreeing with awards given to a particular game in a particular category, but instead it is a bunch of what are suposed to be men crying about the way someone posts things. Good luck with that whole being sick of trolls thing.

There is a reason some people's posts are taken seriously, and some are not. Fact of life. I'm sure wom appreciates your months of service protecting his "good name."

There is a reason some people's posts are taken seriously, and some are not. Fact of life. I'm sure wom appreciates your months of service protecting his "good name."

:lol: My months of service protecting his name huh? :lol:

Its been a long time since I even posted in this forum. Making things up sure is fun though. :lol:

"I don't mind what you said, just the way you said it".............really? This is what you want to sound like?

Blank-Facepalm.gif