I dont understand this

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right...

Exodus 35 verse 2

"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death."

There goes our football team :rolleyes:

Because quoting a verse from the Old Testament is clearly the representation of that entire religions justice system... :rolleyes:

Well then there goes the people who work on saturday, which means me... :mellow:

And saturday football

Let me help with that. You are supposed to rest from anything that is related to actual arduous work on Saturday and go back to work on Sunday by praising God. You can play football on either day so long as it does not cause you stress.

Please assure me that i don't detect some sort of sympathy for him??? Fukk his hardship at not being able to ever drive again, the dude

he killed won't either. Rest assured had that been you or i, don;t know about you, but i personally don't have the resouces to

be able to get off with such a "slap on the wrist", not to mention the actual jail time would have been much, much more.

No sympathy my man. Rest assured. I was just saying that it is part of the sentence which eased my mind a little when I found out. At first when I heard it, I heard that it was a 30 day sentence and 8 years of probation. I was like WTF. Then I found out that he also got 2 years of house arrest and his license was also revoked for life. That eased my mind a little bit. That is going to affect hi for the rest of his life and I was just giving an example of how. It is harsher than one might think. Then he also has to live with this and he seems like it is bothering hi and that can be a personal h e l l as well. That's all I am saying. It isn't just 30 days. He's got two years to stay in his house. I doubt Roger will let him play in that time either even though his house arrest does have provisions to allow him to do so. I think this changed his life for the worse and he will forever been paying for this. His entire future is changed and hopefully this will open some eyes to people who consider drinking and driving. I know I had a friend die about 5 years ago after we were drinking all night. We went our separate ways and he died that night. That opened my eyes and hopefully this too will open peoples eyes. No sympathy for him though. He deserves this. He kiled someone and basically hurt everyone in that guys family and friends.

Now i am not one of those individuals that scream out Michael Vick shouldnt have went to prison for dog fighting because the **** is illigal but yoo Stallworth killed a dude and only got 30 days ....... Thats nuts..... Not only that but the man was druke and high while hitting a guy and just got 30 days and 10 years parole... Thats just nuts to me....... A man who killed dogs get more time then a man who killed a person.

Not to justify either crime, but there is a distinct difference between the two. Mike killing dogs was premeditated and repetitive (for those "less privileged" readers, that means that he knew what he was gonna do before he did it and he did it many times.) While Stallworth's crime is inexcusable and he definitely should have gotten more time, I think it's safe to say he didn't intentionally kill the guy. There's absolutely nothing accidental about what Vick did. They both got off light if you ask me.

No sympathy my man. Rest assured. I was just saying that it is part of the sentence which eased my mind a little when I found out. At first when I heard it, I heard that it was a 30 day sentence and 8 years of probation. I was like WTF. Then I found out that he also got 2 years of house arrest and his license was also revoked for life. That eased my mind a little bit. That is going to affect hi for the rest of his life and I was just giving an example of how. It is harsher than one might think. Then he also has to live with this and he seems like it is bothering hi and that can be a personal h e l l as well. That's all I am saying. It isn't just 30 days. He's got two years to stay in his house. I doubt Roger will let him play in that time either even though his house arrest does have provisions to allow him to do so. I think this changed his life for the worse and he will forever been paying for this. His entire future is changed and hopefully this will open some eyes to people who consider drinking and driving. I know I had a friend die about 5 years ago after we were drinking all night. We went our separate ways and he died that night. That opened my eyes and hopefully this too will open peoples eyes. No sympathy for him though. He deserves this. He kiled someone and basically hurt everyone in that guys family and friends.

I'm not saying to lock the guy up and throw away the key, but in my estimation, the guy deserved a lot stiffer jail time than he got.

Sure he feels bad, remorseful, but it was his own bad judgement which led to this tragedy. We all make bad decisions, but a poor

decision that leads to someone's death merits a much sterner punishment than he got. My sympathy for the loss of your friend,

my other point is the "AVERAGE JOE" would have had the key thrown away, and i'm not shocked to hear of

a major sports star once again getting preferrinal (sp.) treatment due to the size of his bank account/or his star status.

Okay, i'll get down off my moral soapbox now.

Not to justify either crime, but there is a distinct difference between the two. Mike killing dogs was premeditated and repetitive (for those "less privileged" readers, that means that he knew what he was gonna do before he did it and he did it many times.) While Stallworth's crime is inexcusable and he definitely should have gotten more time, I think it's safe to say he didn't intentionally kill the guy. There's absolutely nothing accidental about what Vick did. They both got off light if you ask me.

Exactly, well said my man, the difference is glaring.....

I'm not saying to lock the guy up and throw away the key, but in my estimation, the guy deserved a lot stiffer jail time than he got.

Sure he feels bad, remorseful, but it was his own bad judgement which led to this tragedy. We all make bad decisions, but a poor

decision that leads to someone's death merits a much sterner punishment than he got. My sympathy for the loss of your friend,

my other point is the "AVERAGE JOE" would have had the key thrown away, and i'm not shocked to hear of

a major sports star once again getting preferrinal (sp.) treatment due to the size of his bank account/or his star status.

Okay, i'll get down off my moral soapbox now.

I 100% agree with you. I feel like he should of done at least 5 years in prison. I was blown away by the 30 days like everyone else. I' just trying to justify it in my own head. I guess you really can't. This is shocking to me after the whole Mike Vick thing. I thought our justice system was getting over just letting famous people and athletes walk. I thought the lenard Littles days was over after the Vick thing. Vick actually got what he deserved and I bet a lot of people thought he would get very little time including him and myself. It is absurd to give this man only 30 days. I'm with ya on that. If it were you or me we'd be doing at least 10 despite the guy being in the cross walk or not.

Now i am not one of those individuals that scream out Michael Vick shouldnt have went to prison for dog fighting because the **** is illigal but yoo Stallworth killed a dude and only got 30 days ....... Thats nuts..... Not only that but the man was druke and high while hitting a guy and just got 30 days and 10 years parole... Thats just nuts to me....... A man who killed dogs get more time then a man who killed a person.

It's a University Of Tennessee thing. Leonard Little, Dwane Goodrich, and now Dante Stallworth. Goodrich, the only one that has done some significant time.

I dont agree with stallworths sentence but he never entended to kill anyone.Mike did on different occasions.Parents who leave a gun unattended is a good exaple.I heard the dude who was killed crossed the road illegally so the family settled quickly.

Mike Vick ran an illegal gambling organization. Stallwroth wasn't. The government cares more about money than they do lives. Hence why guys are serving 20 years for counterfeiting while others are serving 5 for sexual assault.

Yes, this is true and it's a commentary to American justice overall. Money is truly the root of all evil.

I dont agree with stallworths sentence but he never entended to kill anyone.Mike did on different occasions.Parents who leave a gun unattended is a good exaple.I heard the dude who was killed crossed the road illegally so the family settled quickly.

His family settled because they are Hispanic, and Stallworth's money had already bought his way out. It was either take this with your grief, or take your grief alone.

Truth. Why does everyone keep trying to justify what Mike did? He got off easy.

The situations have NO similarities. If Vick had run a human fighting ring and drowned and electricuted people, he would have spent life in jail if he was lucky enough to not to get the chair. On the other hand, if Stallworth had run over a dog, he would have gotten nothing more than a DUI.

Truth. Why does everyone keep trying to justify what Mike did? He got off easy.

The situations have NO similarities. If Vick had run a human fighting ring and drowned and electricuted people, he would have spent life in jail if he was lucky enough to not to get the chair. On the other hand, if Stallworth had run over a dog, he would have gotten nothing more than a DUI.

+1.

Stallworth's position is unfortunate, but unplanned. But still 30 days in jail is a nice get out free card. I do wonder how the case would of been different if the pedestrian wasn't crossing illegally.

Christ, not another one of these "who is worse? Stallworth or Vick" threads.

What Stallworth did was terrible and he deserves more than 30 days in jail, BUT he di d get hit with 2 years in house and 8 years paroll on top of probably being suspended at the least until his 2-years of in house or up.

But, VICK DID NOT GO TO JAIL FOR KILLING DOGS. HE WENT TO JAIL FOR INTERSTATE GAMBLING WHICH IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE. THE DOG FIGHTING CHARGES WERE DROPPED BY THE STATE OF VIRGINIA.

The guy who was killed was illegally crossing the street. The reason they have that law is too prevent people from getting hit by cars that would not be able to stop in time. Stallworth should get no time at all for hitting the jaywalker the only time he should get is for his DUI or driving imparied charge. Also that family of the jaywalker is entitled to nothing due to the fact that his jaywalking caused the whole unfortunate situation. The only reason they got anything is that we have a mindless, victimization mentality in this country that rewards people for disfunctional behavior.

The guy who was killed was illegally crossing the street. The reason they have that law is too prevent people from getting hit by cars that would not be able to stop in time. Stallworth should get no time at all for hitting the jaywalker the only time he should get is for his DUI or driving imparied charge. Also that family of the jaywalker is entitled to nothing due to the fact that his jaywalking caused the whole unfortunate situation. The only reason they got anything is that we have a mindless, victimization mentality in this country that rewards people for disfunctional behavior.

The guy was jaywalking. If Stallworth wasn't impaired he wouldn't even have been charged.

The guy was jaywalking. If Stallworth wasn't impaired he wouldn't even have been charged.

Exactly but since this guy is being built up as a victim Stallworth gets crucified and the jaywalkers family gets rewarded because of his crime. What kind of moron runs out in front of traffic to catch a bus.