where were these fans 2 years ago?

I'm having a hard time grasping what a person's join date has to do with anything or why ppl have to defend themselves with

comments like "i've been reading these boards for years and just recently joined' or "My account was wiped out during the

MB changeover" etc. Some people (myself included) being somewhat computer illiterate have been following this team since it's

inception and did not know of the existance of a Atlanta Falcon Message Board before. ^_^ We are all fans in our own

way and if i were you, i woudn't lose any sleep over it.

+1. I think people just get caught up in their ego's and don't want to be called wrong. Any reason they have to defend is fair game i guess.

Living up in Alaska, I don't get any fellow fans, mostly raiders and vikings here, so I'm used to never seeing anything good about the falcons.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the fans that just recently started showing their loyalty...

I'd rather anyone be a bandwagon jumper or fair-weather fan for the Falcons than to be a dedicated fan of any other team...

As long as you're cheering for the red, black, and white, you're fine by me...

just like the forums members who only joined after 2008 season started...

any member whos info says "joined: --" was a member before

Some people were on the old board and didn't sign up the following year because it was nothing but Vick threads on here.

-----------------------------------------------

The wave of bandwagoners is very apparent, but I'm not that mad about it. Livin' in Castleberry, you could never watch a Falcons game but know when they are doing well just by the flux of traffic on Northside.

Some people were on the old board and didn't sign up the following year because it was nothing but Vick threads on here.

-----------------------------------------------

The wave of bandwagoners is very apparent, but I'm not that mad about it. Livin' in Castleberry, you could never watch a Falcons game but know when they are doing well just by the flux of traffic on Northside.

I guess that's why I'm questioning what the thread starter is talking about because there hasn't been a big flux of traffic for 2 seasons - and I live in Castleberry too, right off Northside.

I guess that's why I'm questioning what the thread starter is talking about because there hasn't been a big flux of traffic for 2 seasons - and I live in Castleberry too, right off Northside.

Just because you haven't noticed any change in your area doesn't mean it's not happening. The schedule is a little tougher this year, we'll see how things go.

I remember about 2 years ago, I was the only person that I can remember walking around in my town with falcons gear on. I even had a magnet on my car. Fast forward to the present and a see falcons paraphernalia all over the place. It just pisses me off sometimes because I didn't see this during the Petrino days now all of a sudden everybody is a fan.

It also sucks when I see someone with a hat on and I engage them in conversation about the team and its like they don't know what the **** I'm talking about.... Does this bug you or is it just me? GO falcons!!

Curious, where do you live??

Who cares when people started following the falcons honestly. A fan is a fan. I became a fan when Vick came in the league because that is the age I started understanding football. Does it matter? know. You should be happy people are wearing falcons gear more. A huge fan base is important. So if you only want fans who have been around forever, so be it.

Also, who cares if people dont know much about the team, as the first poster states. They can still be a fan and I am more than happy to welcome them. I say the more the better. This is how fan bases start.

If you want to only talk with falcons fans who are very educated on football and have been her forever, there wont be many. Have fun feeling the stadium with just those people.

Guest Gritz

Doesn't bother me. The more the merrier.

I tell you what though......for anyone who has been a fan of this team for a long time....you (we, since I definitely fall into that category) aren't faint-hearted....

Being a longtime Falcon fan isn't for sissies............. ;)

doesn't bother me a bit. everyone started out as a fan of a team at some point in time. Some started younger than others. I'm sure when you first decided to be a fan there were people that didn't think you were a real fan because you were a newbie.

It will take a consistent history of winning and being competitive to build the fanbase that i've always dreamed about. But it starts with fairweather fans and others.

Well, bandwagon fans are still annoying. If building a fan base means a bunch of "johnny come lately" I would rather have no fans. Its ok though, because those people don't appreciate the times when you do win the big games like the die hards. If you stuck with this team through '07 then you are legit in my book. Bandwagoners haven't suffered like the rest of us. When the St. Louis Cardinals won the world series I was losing my mind with excitement. I was too young back in 82' (the last time they won the World Series) and have seen a bunch of heartbreaking losses in the playoffs in recent memory. Made it all the sweeter when my team won. Cant wait for that to happen for the Falcons.

I've been a fan since I moved to Atlanta in 1971. Two weeks after the moving truck unloaded I bought season tickets. Being a "fan" has many meanings.

NEVER , have I been truly proud or impressed with the Falcon franchise as I am with the current owner, Arthur Blank, and ESPECIALLY since the hiring of TD and Smitty. Not even close.

The current team is soooooooo improved in EVERY facet, they are from a different galaxy.

We now have a team to be proud of, hopefully for many years to come.

In fairness, the mods seem a little ban happy. A lot of members with dates after joined are, in fact, long time members.

My name says newbie next to it but I have been a member of these boards since 2000 when capologist was

DJ11 and SacFalcFan was still in Ca.

Im not sure why the board changes deleted everyones original sign up date, but your making a mistake if

you look at someones date or the newbie next to their name and assume they are a fair weathered johnny

come lately.

Last year my migration to the new board failed and I had to start over so I just added a 1 at the end of TeamPlayer. I know that others had problems also so the blank date identifier doesn't always hold true.

God :rolleyes: , this self-righteous "I'm the only real fan, where were you" calling out dung is so old. Ever hear the term, "Everybody loves a winner, no one likes a loser..." It's no different here than anywhere else. The Petrino era was a losing one. I mean did you see Joey "Blowey" Harrington run that offense? There you go. Don't act like this is a surprise here in Atlanta or this is something new. Everyone knows how this town is and its old news. Get over it. Threads like these are annoyingly repetitive.

Sure, just because someone joined after the 2008 season it means they are bandwagon fans. Get a grip, have you ever thought, maybe just maybe they've been lifelong Falcon fans and haven't discovered the board? Have you ever thought maybe they've been long time readers and decided to get involved in the off-season talk?

Waahh--Waahh--Waahh

I'm used to being the only Falcons fan around. ****, when I lived in Macon I was the only one at the Bar paying attention to the game. The Falcons and the Bulldogs are the teams of my childhood, I will always support them 100%. Most of the other UGA and Falcon fans I know in person are flipped up collar Polo-wearing D-bags anyway, so I could give a crap. I watch the birds because of my love for the Falcons, not to be part of some clique.

I remember about 2 years ago, I was the only person that I can remember walking around in my town with falcons gear on. I even had a magnet on my car. Fast forward to the present and a see falcons paraphernalia all over the place. It just pisses me off sometimes because I didn't see this during the Petrino days now all of a sudden everybody is a fan.

It also sucks when I see someone with a hat on and I engage them in conversation about the team and its like they don't know what the **** I'm talking about.... Does this bug you or is it just me? GO falcons!!

Try live in minnesota and being a falcons fan man. You cant talk to anyone about the team! I wouldnt mind having a few of these fans in MN at least i wouldnt be the only one walking around with Falcons gear on.

I LOOK AT IT JUST LIKE AN ACTUAL FOOTBALL TEAM. YOU ALWAYS

HAVE PEOPLE COMING AND GOING, SOME STICK AROUND, OTHERS

DON'T. IF YOU PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT THEY'RE SAYING,

IT WILL GIVE YOU A CLUE TO JUST WHAT KIND OF FAN THEY ARE.

BUT FOR ANYTHING TO GROW, YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE NEW BLOOD. :rolleyes:

Wow, think I'm going to actually agree with REV.2000 for a change. :P