Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dipper

PARKING LOT SHOUT OUTS..

26 posts in this topic

The season is quickly approaching and I see tailgaters trying to get there money together for parking. So lets see where everyone parks and tell why they choose to park in that particular lot...

The season is quickly approaching and I see tailgaters trying to get there money together for parking. So lets see where everyone parks and tell why they choose to park in that particular lot...

Well the ATLFALCOHOLICS now tailgate in the YELLOW LOT... which is on the corner of Northside and Ivan Allen (formerly Simpson). We have been in this lot going on 3 years and we must say the $8 parking is what brought us to the YELLOW LOT... We were paying $40 per game per car on the corner of Northside Dr. and Magnolia (next to the green building).

Not only is the price good, we have normal sized parking spaces and it is paved. No gravel, dirt or grass. We don't worry about ants or bugs etc... Not to mention about 6-7 bathrooms centrally located in the middle of the lot. And the biggest value to this lot is the GWCC Police, there are bicycle patrol as well as vehicle patrol... Exiting the lot isn't to bad because we normally cook after the game and wait for the traffic to go away.

Every good thing has a bad side. We do have a little hike to the dome, it takes us about 5-10 walk but its all in fun. We have a nice crowd of away fans that park in that lot so there is plenty of trash talking. .... Once your a regular in the parking lot, you normally park in the same spot. Parking is the same location is a plus for your Tailgating Fans to find you for each game.

I hope this is helpful for the Tailgaters looking for a new location..... See you guys in August....

We still park in the gravel lot across Northside dr. from the Dome. $40 bucks but the walk is :30 seconds. I like to be close because it gets allittle hecktic trying to get put up so we can get inside. Makes for a longer tailgate that way as well. We leave out headed west down Magnolia and work all the back roads to I-20. (whispers) No traffic so it real easy to get home.

We still park in the gravel lot across Northside dr. from the Dome. $40 bucks but the walk is :30 seconds. I like to be close because it gets allittle hecktic trying to get put up so we can get inside. Makes for a longer tailgate that way as well. We leave out headed west down Magnolia and work all the back roads to I-20. (whispers) No traffic so it real easy to get home.

We parked there for 3 years and your right about the walk, it's a hop skip and jump across the road. You don't have to pack up until 12:30 or 12:45 and still make it inside on time. The only downside to that lot is the GRAVEL and the price... $400 a year to park got kind of expensive. Our tailgate was very large due to the friends getting off the MARTA train and walking right into the tailgate lot... The plus to your lot is, no matter what time you arrive you still get your same parking spot...

2009 economy - $400 or $80.... YELLOW LOT for me.... I need the excersie to and from the Dome after all those hot dogs and beer....

Well if you can make it into the Yellow Lot we will be sure to save you a beer and some food... Were normally located directly in the middle of the parking lot, lower level... near the bathrooms...

The family and I have Lot A for the second season in a row. There are 4 of us with two tarps and a pick-up. My wife is always great for making themed meals (Grilled pizza for Chicago, Philly Cheesestakes for Philly, etc....). We welcome anyone to come join us. We usually park 3 rows from the fence about center of the lot.

The family and I have Lot A for the second season in a row. There are 4 of us with two tarps and a pick-up. My wife is always great for making themed meals (Grilled pizza for Chicago, Philly Cheesestakes for Philly, etc....). We welcome anyone to come join us. We usually park 3 rows from the fence about center of the lot.

That's how you tailgate "coastiemike"... I love the tailgate themes, we do a hotdog bar for the Chicago game, low country boil for New Orleans, Sandwiches and Salad "South Beach" diet for miami, etc....

If I can ever break away to Lot A, I will be sure to look for you....

We have one "TAILGATER" in LOT A... where is everyone else located....

As the Cigar King... I hang with the Wing King... Under the bridge in the Gulch (Lot A). Covered, but yet grills and cigars flow freely.

I used to park in the grass lots west of Northside Dr and pay on game day. Then I parked in "A" lot for three years until it took me 1.5 hours just to exit the parking lot after one game. I went back to paying $40 game day where I could find a spot. Last year I bought a pass for "K" lot.

I liked "K" for a lot of reasons, cool people, close walk to Dome and orange lot, oh and the mix of dirt, grass and broken glass to park on. Orange lot is where I meet up with friends pre-game. Sometimes these friends let their wives tell them what to do and they do not start their tailgate early enough. For this reason I always tailgate at my spot first and then move to orange lot by about 11:30.

I have to cook and eat something or I just don't feel right. This year I bought a pass to "I Deck". This is a longer walk to the Dome and orange lot but I'm hoping the exit to the connector sb will be a little simpler. It’s already a long day driving about 80 miles one way from just north of Columbus.

Does anyone have any experience with “I deck”? What should I expect?

Shady

My highest Lot A exit time last year was 45 minutes...

But I wouldn't trade it for the atmosphere there, love it...

My highest Lot A exit time last year was 45 minutes...

But I wouldn't trade it for the atmosphere there, love it...

Where is LOT A? Is this the lot that sits directly in front of the dome?

I used to park in the grass lots west of Northside Dr and pay on game day. Then I parked in "A" lot for three years until it took me 1.5 hours just to exit the parking lot after one game. I went back to paying $40 game day where I could find a spot. Last year I bought a pass for "K" lot.

I liked "K" for a lot of reasons, cool people, close walk to Dome and orange lot, oh and the mix of dirt, grass and broken glass to park on. Orange lot is where I meet up with friends pre-game. Sometimes these friends let their wives tell them what to do and they do not start their tailgate early enough. For this reason I always tailgate at my spot first and then move to orange lot by about 11:30.

I have to cook and eat something or I just don't feel right. This year I bought a pass to "I Deck". This is a longer walk to the Dome and orange lot but I'm hoping the exit to the connector sb will be a little simpler. It’s already a long day driving about 80 miles one way from just north of Columbus.

Shady

I have to look on the parking map because I don't know where all of these lots are located. I just know the GULCH, BLUE and Yellow LOT... where is the Orange Lot and K lot...

Shady

OK i found the map... I didn't know LOT A was called the GULCH... thats where the Circus put the animals... and the parking lot needs to be repaved. I'm sure its nice in the summer with the shade and breeze but the winter time must be rough with not much sun.

My first year of tailgating, I parked in the big dirt lot across from lot K, not a bad walk... I want to know about the Orange lot, that is perfect...

I guess Orange lot is suites and club level... I have never been offered there, as a regular STH grunt...

That is only lot I would consider besides Lot A/Gulch... Open air/tailgate... Short walk...

Like the ATLFalcoholics say, "Follow me to the YELLOW Lot!". Its not a Falcons football game without the Dre & Dip Morning Show...

Like the ATLFalcoholics say, "Follow me to the YELLOW Lot!". Its not a Falcons football game without the Dre & Dip Morning Show...

Glad to see that you made it to the msg bd....I'm sure you are getting in HYPE MODE "We Ready 4 Ya'll". 85N, Dallas or the Big Easy want be the same in 09 after the FALCOHOLICS take over. The new Falcoholic shirts have been ordered and the new website will be released on tomorrow thanks to A.K.O.N. aka LONDON BORN. See you at the BIGELOW next Satur. Holla

I guess Orange lot is suites and club level... I have never been offered there, as a regular STH grunt...

That is only lot I would consider besides Lot A/Gulch... Open air/tailgate... Short walk...

yeah, orange is suites/club, I'm a reg sth also and ended up moving to "H" so I can get there as early as I like too and still cook/eat/drink before I move. But it looks like I’ll be able to get an orange pass for a few games and let someone else use my spot. :D

Who in the world would park in LOT D or H... thats **** near the Peachtree plaza...

H is going to be a happening spot now and well worth the walk :lol: