Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East ATL a.k.a TROLL

Vick haters not outraged over Stallworth

113 posts in this topic

I disagree with you saying if he wasn't intoxicated it would be a non issue. It can go either way. He could've been sober and it still would have happened. The police report said the man ran out trying to catch the bus or sum like that. If he had waited or used the cross walk it would be a non-issue. He wasn't driving wreckless, as far as we know. Everybody is quick to judge and don't know the full details. I figured I'd join the boat but defend Stallworth cause I think he got a good deal. Everybody is happy so hey

As I said above, I don't understand why everyone thinks this was such a sweet deal. He did avoid prison(mostly) and that is huge, but what he pretty much got was numerous less severe sentences in place of one big one. Had he only gotten time he might have served as little as 18 months. I understand that prison is terrible but he wouldn't have had to be anybody's ***** or anything. He would have plenty of money to be able to eat well and get mostly what he wants. In this scenario he gets everything drug out over a really long time.

I'm not trying to cast judgment on either. I just objected to the characterization that the deceased individual is the cause of Stalworths problems. There is, sadly, enough blame to go around.

My only problem is seeing all these people call this man a murderer. He hit and killed a man while intoxicated yes. But it could have been avoided on both ends. He probably could've hit the brakes and still injured him and the man could've stopped or obeyed the law and used the crosswalk. He fully co-op with the cops. Didn't deny anything, as far as we know. Doesn't have a criminal history, as far as I know, yall might know somethin I dont. Everyone keeps sayin if it had been Vick. Man pa-lease. Vick messed himself up all the way around.

Unnecessary topic that doesn't belong on this forum.

Your sig is hilarious. **** Zoolander...I own it.

Anyway, I also posted on this topic as well and the whole thing blows my mind. I'd rant, but already did in my post also. As I said in mine, Stallworth will suit up next year, if not this year. Vick...we'll see.

I think it's jacked up. Regardless federal or not or intentional or not....To me killing someone is considerably different than killing dogs....and that's not even what he was charged with....GAMBLING. WTF?

Punishment fit the crime?

Drats...see, I did rant. OOOOH you.

A lot of us are making assumptions and don't know the entire story...including me.

But what we do know is what's released in the media.

Vick killing dogs, etc. is far worse in the public (and medias) eye than Anyone hitting and killing someone while driving drunk, regardless the circumstances.

That's all I'm saying. It seems pretty jacked up.

As I said above, I don't understand why everyone thinks this was such a sweet deal. He did avoid prison(mostly) and that is huge, but what he pretty much got was numerous less severe sentences in place of one big one. Had he only gotten time he might have served as little as 18 months. I understand that prison is terrible but he wouldn't have had to be anybody's ***** or anything. He would have plenty of money to be able to eat well and get mostly what he wants. In this scenario he gets everything drug out over a really long time.

Had he been found guilty, his sentence would likely have been between 3 and 7 years, and you forget about the parole system which is much more difficult to navigate than the probation system.

My only problem is seeing all these people call this man a murderer. He hit and killed a man while intoxicated yes. But it could have been avoided on both ends. He probably could've hit the brakes and still injured him and the man could've stopped or obeyed the law and used the crosswalk. He fully co-op with the cops. Didn't deny anything, as far as we know. Doesn't have a criminal history, as far as I know, yall might know somethin I dont. Everyone keeps sayin if it had been Vick. Man pa-lease. Vick messed himself up all the way around.

He is not a murderer. At worst, he committed negligent homicide. He didn't have the specific intent to kill the man. When you get behind the wheel of a car when drunk, you knowingly expose others to risk. It is far worse than a mere accident. The situation was a tragic accident, but Stalworth's preceding conduct was reprehensible, and I feel he deserved worse. Whatever it may have been, we will never know. I only hope that his 1000 community service hours are spent talking to high school students about what he did, and what he will have to carry with him for the rest of his life.

A lot of us are making assumptions and don't know the entire story...including me.

But what we do know is what's released in the media.

Vick killing dogs, etc. is far worse in the public (and medias) eye than Anyone hitting and killing someone while driving drunk, regardless the circumstances.

That's all I'm saying. It seems pretty jacked up.

Depends on how you look at it.

I think the death of a human is a far worse thing than the death of a dog.

I think a person who goes out an purposely tortures and kills a dog is worse than a person who accidently kills a man.

I think Stallworth is an idiot for what he did, but considering the circumstances it is harder to demonize him.

I think Vick was immature, ignorant, and an idiot for what he did. I think that do to his upbringing, he doesn't view dogs as creatures with feelings like most people do. Instead he probably viewed them as things, like toys. Desensitized to the whole thing. The problem is that he knew it was against the law, and it was a largely funded inner-state ring of crimes he was the leader of.

Stallworth may or may not have known he was legally over the limit, I would need to know how much he failed by. It's not like he had the intent to kill the man.

Had he been found guilty, his sentence would likely have been between 3 and 7 years, and you forget about the parole system which is much more difficult to navigate than the probation system.

He is not a murderer. At worst, he committed negligent homicide. He didn't have the specific intent to kill the man. When you get behind the wheel of a car when drunk, you knowingly expose others to risk. It is far worse than a mere accident. The situation was a tragic accident, but Stalworth's preceding conduct was reprehensible, and I feel he deserved worse. Whatever it may have been, we will never know. I only hope that his 1000 community service hours are spent talking to high school students about what he did, and what he will have to carry with him for the rest of his life.

The 10 years probation and 1000 hours community service is enough punishment for me. His life will never be the same

Vick haters, where ya'll at? Ok let me get this straight. I've heard people on these boards call Vick everything from a scumbag to the son of a female dog. This because he killed dogs. Which is wrong by the way. HOWEVER, Donte Stallworth drinks Alcohol to the point where his blood alchohol level is way over the legal limit, .126. The limit in Florida is .80. Gets in a car to drive and kills a HUMAN BEING. Did I forget to mention he killed a HUMAN BEING? Surely since all the Vick haters detest Vick so much for killing dogs, why aren't we hearing more outrage from them for killing a PERSON? And if you think driving why drunk and killing someone is unintentional, would you say the same for a DUI driver if he killed your loved one? If you answer yes your a bald headed Liar. I guess the life of a dog is worth more than a HUMAN BEING to the Vick haters.

CYLON, WHY DO YOU KEEP STIRRING UP THE MIX?? I DON'T THINK YOU WANT AN ANSWER AS MUCH

AS YOU WANT ATTENTION. LET'S TALK FOOTBALL. DO YOU KNOW ..... ANY FOOTBALL ?? IF YOU DO.

LET US HEAR IT. WE'VE BEEN UP BOTH SIDES OF THE MOUNTAIN WITH THIS THING. I CERTAINLY DON'T

HATE MIKE. I HATE WHAT HE DID. I HATE HOW HE LET US DOWN, I HATE THE WAY HE DESTROYED HIS

NAME, I HATE THAT HE LIED TO PEOPLE WHO TRUSTED HIM. WE DON'T HATE MIKE ..... WE HATE WHAT

MIKE DID TO MIKE. YOU'RE TRYING TO MEASURE WRONG. WRONG IS .......... WRONG. B)

Vick haters, where ya'll at? Ok let me get this straight. I've heard people on these boards call Vick everything from a scumbag to the son of a female dog. This because he killed dogs. Which is wrong by the way. HOWEVER, Donte Stallworth drinks Alcohol to the point where his blood alchohol level is way over the legal limit, .126. The limit in Florida is .80. Gets in a car to drive and kills a HUMAN BEING. Did I forget to mention he killed a HUMAN BEING? Surely since all the Vick haters detest Vick so much for killing dogs, why aren't we hearing more outrage from them for killing a PERSON? And if you think driving why drunk and killing someone is unintentional, would you say the same for a DUI driver if he killed your loved one? If you answer yes your a bald headed Liar. I guess the life of a dog is worth more than a HUMAN BEING to the Vick haters.

I knew people clinging to the MV bandwagon was dumb but take note, we just might be bearing witness to pure unbridled ignorance right here. Stupidity like this doesn't come along too often unless we are playing the Vikings.

It gets harder and harder to dislike Vick every time you post like he killed one of your family members.

Cylon, meet your polar opposite, neither of you seem very bright.

He didn't kill my family members, but he killed and tortured innocent, defenseless mammals. That herpes infested ********* can burn.

I doubt if you can understand this, but it's not about the dogs. Vick committed MULTIPLE felonies, on multiple occasions, all of which were premeditated. The Feds could have sent him away for much longer than they did. The "shock-value" news item was the killing of dogs & that was what was reported primarily by the media. Vick didn't serve anywhere close to the maximum amount of time that he should have. Stallworth, should he have gotten more time, absolutely. But you are trying to compare apples to oranges here. Stallworth had several things that helped him. One, he stood up and admitted he was in the wrong and stayed at the scene and cooperated with police, that, regardless of who you are in an accidental, non-premeditated incident is going to get you a good deal of leniency. Second, the person he hit was also in the wrong, he wasn't in a cross-walk. I know that doesn't make it any better, but in court that would have played out in Stallworth's favor as well and he would have received even more leniency.

In addition, with Stallworth working with the police and prosecutors, he was able to strike a much better deal. Vick refused to work with prosecutors and investigators, first at the local/state level, then at the federal level. If he had cooperated from the start, he probably wouldn't have done any jail time (or very limited jail time) and the Feds wouldn't have been involved. Vick was the last one to strike a deal with the Feds in the end and he received the biggest sentence. Cooperation goes a long, long way when you are under investigation.

I think its race related... :P

I doubt if you can understand this, but it's not about the dogs. Vick committed MULTIPLE felonies, on multiple occasions, all of which were premeditated. The Feds could have sent him away for much longer than they did. The "shock-value" news item was the killing of dogs & that was what was reported primarily by the media. Vick didn't serve anywhere close to the maximum amount of time that he should have. Stallworth, should he have gotten more time, absolutely. But you are trying to compare apples to oranges here. Stallworth had several things that helped him. One, he stood up and admitted he was in the wrong and stayed at the scene and cooperated with police, that, regardless of who you are in an accidental, non-premeditated incident is going to get you a good deal of leniency. Second, the person he hit was also in the wrong, he wasn't in a cross-walk. I know that doesn't make it any better, but in court that would have played out in Stallworth's favor as well and he would have received even more leniency.

In addition, with Stallworth working with the police and prosecutors, he was able to strike a much better deal. Vick refused to work with prosecutors and investigators, first at the local/state level, then at the federal level. If he had cooperated from the start, he probably wouldn't have done any jail time (or very limited jail time) and the Feds wouldn't have been involved. Vick was the last one to strike a deal with the Feds in the end and he received the biggest sentence. Cooperation goes a long, long way when you are under investigation.

Basically what I said in an earlier thread, but even now I say case closed.

to those who defend Vick in this:

Is it that you want Stallworth to be "flamed" equally? Or is it that you want both to get off free??

Wow, you guys have really restored my faith in humanity. At least I know that If I decide to go out drinking tonight and then get behind the wheel, and I hurt someone else in the process, I know that you guys will forgive me. As long as I don't hit a DOG.

Michael I wouldn't leave the house just yet you are still under home confinement

gambling fed charges crossing state lines repeated the offenses over a

I forgot that Stallworth was a Falcon...you're right lets hate Stallworth for putting us under the bus.

to those who defend Vick in this:

Is it that you want Stallworth to be "flamed" equally? Or is it that you want both to get off free??

WOW, is this a serious question? One killed a human and the other killed dogs, I know you can put which one is worse in your head unless you just hate Vick.

I am outraged...that a poster like you can get an account to spew this garbage. Shouldn't you be on the Browns boards if Stallworth is such a concern?