Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLICK NICK

Atlanta Falcons entire player ratings for Madden 10:

120 posts in this topic

Carolina ratings released on ESPN today, so tomorrow our Falcons should be up. And I know we have our over all ratings, but ESPN has the SPD, ACC, STR, AGL, etc ratings.

Delhomme should be an 83

Williams should be a 92

Smith should be a 94

Muhammad should be a 83

King should be a 67

Beason and Davis are both underated as well as Gamble

For the most part I am on board with EA's new ratings system...for the most part.

Coleman at 78 is terrible. I had a look and at 78 he is something like the 20th best starting FS in the game. This comes after a year when he was top 6 in every FS category and seemed to be the only realllly consistent Falcons defensive player.

No way should Babs ge in the low 70's that needs a change.

Same with Blalock I'm not sure what he did to tick off the guys at EA but he had a great seaosn in 08 and easily should have gone up.

If they fixed those three guys sayyyyy: Coleman 86, Babs 80 and Blalock 83 I would be completely content for the time being.

For the most part I am on board with EA's new ratings system...for the most part.

Coleman at 78 is terrible. I had a look and at 78 he is something like the 20th best starting FS in the game. This comes after a year when he was top 6 in every FS category and seemed to be the only realllly consistent Falcons defensive player.

No way should Babs ge in the low 70's that needs a change.

Same with Blalock I'm not sure what he did to tick off the guys at EA but he had a great seaosn in 08 and easily should have gone up.

If they fixed those three guys sayyyyy: Coleman 86, Babs 80 and Blalock 83 I would be completely content for the time being.

Really if you take last years ratings system and apply it to this years, all low rated players on all teams would probably see a +5 or +6 increase. That's why I dont understand all these outbursts. You would think that after they release a statement telling fans there would be 50+ attributes this year, lower ratings would soon follow. If they prove they are better during the season then they will see a increase

Junior, most of us know that there will be lower ratings. We are looking at comparisons, and I myself am keeping in mind the new rating system when I say anything regarding the ratings of our and/or any other player.

KEEPING IN MIND THE ADJUSTED/RATINGS, I still feel that Blalock(and to a lesser extent the entire offensive line), Coleman, Lofton, and Babineaux were rated too low.

Junior, most of us know that there will be lower ratings. We are looking at comparisons, and I myself am keeping in mind the new rating system when I say anything regarding the ratings of our and/or any other player.

KEEPING IN MIND THE ADJUSTED/RATINGS, I still feel that Blalock(and to a lesser extent the entire offensive line), Coleman, Lofton, and Babineaux were rated too low.

Im sure most do but most dont as well. Me personally, I'm use to playing with low rated players b/c I play with different teams. Coleman is the only one I have a problem with. The rest are cool with me. Now as for Lofton, if he had a rookie season like Patrick Willis or somebody like that then I can see him being higher. But like I say, the players got to prove themself, those higher ratings aren't just given to everybody for 1 good season

Im sure most do but most dont as well. Me personally, I'm use to playing with low rated players b/c I play with different teams. Coleman is the only one I have a problem with. The rest are cool with me. Now as for Lofton, if he had a rookie season like Patrick Willis or somebody like that then I can see him being higher. But like I say, the players got to prove themself, those higher ratings aren't just given to everybody for 1 good season

Some of them aren't as big as others. I think Blalock was way too low, as is Coleman. A 5-7 point increase in both of them is needed. Lofton could use 2-3 points, and Babs needs 3-4 points IMO. Our entire offensive line regardless needs on average maybe a 3-5 point increase. It's not about whether or not I will be able to play online with them, because that wasn't even a problem in 07. The problem will be how they play, and where they stack up compared to other players in the NFL at their respective divisions.

By the way, I chuckled at the underlined part of your post. Not trying to knock you, just thought it was funny.

Some of them aren't as big as others. I think Blalock was way too low, as is Coleman. A 5-7 point increase in both of them is needed. Lofton could use 2-3 points, and Babs needs 3-4 points IMO. Our entire offensive line regardless needs on average maybe a 3-5 point increase. It's not about whether or not I will be able to play online with them, because that wasn't even a problem in 07. The problem will be how they play, and where they stack up compared to other players in the NFL at their respective divisions.

By the way, I chuckled at the underlined part of your post. Not trying to knock you, just thought it was funny.

Lol it makes me feel good b/c this is one of the only subjects I can actually say something and actually be right about it :lol:

See when I run the ball, I always use my lead blocker. I just figured out how to use the lead blocker in passing situations. I use the Raiders sometimes. Terrible O-Line. But I pinch my line on passing downs and I hardly get sacked. But when I use the Colts or Steelers, I get sacked a milllion times and can never run the ball.

Looks acceptable to me. Lead blocker will continue to be my best friend
Lead blocker is not in Madden '10.

Lead blocker is not in Madden '10.

Well dag, I just pulled up a report that confirms this. I'm deeply saddened by this transaction. But oh well, life goes on.

Ok I see one thing that had something to do with the low ratings. Those speeds at LB and CB are a bit low. I know Nicholas aint that slow, Adkins, Owens, Middleton. Pretty sure it'll get fixed though

Now I have a closer look at the ratings...

Start off with TEs and WRs.

I am sure Gonzalez is quite a bit stronger than any of our WRs.

Jenkins is not that slow. Didn't he toast DeAngelo Hall last year?

Douglas is better than Peele, nothing even needs to be said about that. His PR/KR rating is too low, unless they are set for two different ratings.

Now RBs and FBs.

Turner should be bumped up in speed points, while knocked down a few points in acceleration. 93-94ish speed with 91 acceleration IMO.

Norwood is faster. Should be around 97. His agility should be in the mid 90s as well. BTW, whats with his KR rating being 60? Dude should be in the 80s. He is a well above average KR man.

Quarterbacks.

Ryan's awareness should be in the mid 80s. Higher than Redman for sure.

Redman shouldn't be rated that poorly. He should be higher than Joey Harrington, who was a low 60s if I remember correctly. Maybe 68-72.

Offensive Linemen.

Flat out. Blalock got jacked this year. He should be in the low 80s high 70s minimum, if you wanted to underrate our entire O-Line.

Speak of underrating our offensive line. That's what they did. I would put our entire starting line at mid to low 80s.

Back to Blalock. He is better at pass blocking than run blocking? Dahl is too? Really? Even Clabo? WTF.

Romberg being rated 2 points lower than McClure is F*ed up. He is not even the 4th best player on our line.

Linebacker unit next.

Lofton should be a few points higher than Peterson, but I think awareness ratings was the major factor there.

Nicholas is probably the fastest LB on that squad, he should be much faster. Nicholas should be around 68 to 72 minimum. Just ugh...

Kickers and Punters

I guess I would rate Elam higher on the accuracy scale. He was pretty much perfect last year, but oh well. Not a big deal.

Defensive Linemen

Right off the bat... Abraham is too slow, Babs/Jerry shouldn't be same strength, and Jerry shouldn't be rated over Babs.

Chauncey is the LE BTW.

Jamaal the 2nd toughest player on the O-Line? :lol:

Safetiest and Corners.

Coleman should be low 80s, no question. He was just a step or so short of being a Pro-Bowl safety last year.

William Moore and Decoud should be closer in rating.

William Moore is probably as fast, or faster than Houston.

Houston's awareness should drop. Probably to the 60s.

Grimes. Not going to say he should be rated a lot higher, but that's brutal. Wow.

-------

Wish there was more in-depth information for specific positions. I would rate these ratings in comparison to reality and compared to other team's in the game a 7/10.

Ok I see one thing that had something to do with the low ratings. Those speeds at LB and CB are a bit low. I know Nicholas aint that slow, Adkins, Owens, Middleton. Pretty sure it'll get fixed though

Yeah they are way too slow.

Yeah they are way too slow.

I think alot of these attributes got mixed up though. I know its gonna be addressed. I guess that's what happens when you're trying to produce a quality game. Things get a little rushed

I hope they change the positions some when the preseason starts. Nicholas is supposed to be playing ROLB next year so that should change. If Im not mistaken Davis is a RE he just played LE because of the injuries. Overall Im happy with the offense (Douglas and Norwood could be a few points higher). I think because our defense went through some changes at key positions the Madden guys didn't want to make it too good to start off to leave room for improvement (at least Im hoping that)

Ya know something. I just went through all the teams and checked out all the ratings at ESPN, speed wise anyway, and almost everybody is pretty slow. Then all the teams are pretty much even per position. Make up some pretty good match-ups

Ya know something. I just went through all the teams and checked out all the ratings at ESPN, speed wise anyway, and almost everybody is pretty slow. Then all the teams are pretty much even per position. Make up some pretty good match-ups

Yeah I went through them as well. I feel a little better. I guess we will have to just wait to play and see how it is.

Yeah I went through them as well. I feel a little better. I guess we will have to just wait to play and see how it is.

I almost started feeling like everyone else but then I decided to glance at all those. Chicago is the team I feel sorry for right now. They suck all the way around

One thing that is completely wrong, is the fact that this is the kick return ratings for two players:

A. Jennings: 87

J. Norwood: 60

I have no idea what I can do to change it. I was trying to get Jennings rating dropped last year when he was on our team, but really he is better than Norwood EA? I guess if anyone wants to join me in this fight you are welcome to. I tried last year to get it dropped and to get Norwood's raised up a bit, but nothing. I have tons of video footage that will say at the very least they need to be switched in the category.

One thing that is completely wrong, is the fact that this is the kick return ratings for two players:

A. Jennings: 87

J. Norwood: 60

I have no idea what I can do to change it. I was trying to get Jennings rating dropped last year when he was on our team, but really he is better than Norwood EA? I guess if anyone wants to join me in this fight you are welcome to. I tried last year to get it dropped and to get Norwood's raised up a bit, but nothing. I have tons of video footage that will say at the very least they need to be switched in the category.

Yeah I'm totally with you on that. Like I said the Falcons always get screwed.