• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have to renew your contract I'd say don't do it. 3g s is more of a .5 upgrade instead of a full upgrade. Plus like usually they will probably have a new one next year

Ya I probably won't. I'm just talking out my *** because I crave new tech. The speed, camera, and voice control are pretty nice though.

Ya I probably won't. I'm just talking out my *** because I crave new tech. The speed, camera, and voice control are pretty nice though.

so true man so true. im just saying paying 399 for a 1.5 upgrade and extending your contract is never worth it. I love tech, especially apple tech as of lately, but i dont think it is worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
New Owner of the IPhone 3G S, and only had to wait 45 mins with no preorder. they did not have a line at the att Store near my house, but i heard lenox is backed up for miles.

I technically cannot upgrade now, but I'm going to stop by AT&T on the way home and see if they can make an exception (we're talking a matter of days, not months).

Mine is shipped. Will get here sometime tomorrow.

sweet man sweet.

I technically cannot upgrade now, but I'm going to stop by AT&T on the way home and see if they can make an exception (we're talking a matter of days, not months).

well they are 399 and 499 if you are in the middle of contract, but att has changed it, and if you have your upgrade in july august or september, then they will upgrade it for you. i think it is july august or september, but it might be june july and august.

how much is the monthly bill?

well im on a family plan with my mom, but its 30bucks a month for the data, and unlimited txt is 20. Id say it is completely worth the price. i use the internet all the time. the Maps is almost as good as GPS, plus the thousands of apps( not including jailbreaking)

i got the Black 16gb, since i didnt have money for the 32 and i thinkt the black is more presidental.

also the thing is way faster than the 3g. the vid quality is pretty kick ***. here is someone's upload of it.

sweet man sweet.

well im on a family plan with my mom, but its 30bucks a month for the data, and unlimited txt is 20. Id say it is completely worth the price. i use the internet all the time. the Maps is almost as good as GPS, plus the thousands of apps( not including jailbreaking)

i got the Black 16gb, since i didnt have money for the 32 and i thinkt the black is more presidental.

also the thing is way faster than the 3g. the vid quality is pretty kick ***. here is someone's upload of it.

am pretty sure am gone get it, only thing is that am not sure whether to get the 16gb or 32gb

If you want to use it for Music too, get the 32GB, cause the 16 will fill up quickly, trust me. I had a little over 1,000 songs, with about 30+ apps and it filled to about 12GB.

see ive know people who had 2000 songs, 3-4 pages filled with apps and a movie or 2, and still had 3-4 gbs of space. it depends on how your songs are compressed and how many songs. if you got 2000 or less songs, then is day go with the 16gb.

well i guess if you dont want waste the money, then dont get it. my friends dad is an IR guy and has programs the can compress songs, but still keep the quality high.

yea its easy to do. I want one, but I just upgraded in October to an LG VU for free and I don't have 400 dollars lying around.

yea its easy to do. I want one, but I just upgraded in October to an LG VU for free and I don't have 400 dollars lying around.

yea man. i got my 3g on the 8th for 100 bucks, and paid another 120( restocking fee) yesterday, so i feel you on price. i dont have enough for a good case, so im rocking the plastic until i get one. 400 bucks for a 16gb phone is still pricey as ****. id only do it if you had the money lying around. Phone is way fast and with the copy paste/ other new features, completely worth it.

my comp is bogged down with vista on a 512mb memory, so it is actually faster and easier for me to use my phone instead of my laptop at times.

Yeah I'd sure love to get a new phone, but unfortunately At&t suckered me into a free LG Vu. How lenient are they on your upgrades, do you have to fill out your whole 2 years, or do they let you get away with some?

not sure completely, but if you go online it should tell you the day on your account. i think you got to complete 18ish months of your contract. my upgrade is 19months from now. they do give you a discount, but it would mean a 16gb Iphone is 400, plus you got to remember the 30/month data. If you got the money around, then id say go for it, since you will be using the **** out of it. Maps is the best app. i have used it so much over the past 2 weeks.

not sure completely, but if you go online it should tell you the day on your account. i think you got to complete 18ish months of your contract. my upgrade is 19months from now. they do give you a discount, but it would mean a 16gb Iphone is 400, plus you got to remember the 30/month data. If you got the money around, then id say go for it, since you will be using the **** out of it. Maps is the best app. i have used it so much over the past 2 weeks.

Cool, Gracias. It's not to much different, I'm already on a fam plan with unlim text and data, so all the difference I'd need is for the hardware.

Haha just checked, I have 16 more months till I'm elgible.

Cool, Gracias. It's not to much different, I'm already on a fam plan with unlim text and data, so all the difference I'd need is for the hardware.

Haha just checked, I have 16 more months till I'm elgible.

well actually IPhone data is different, so you would have to pay the extra 30, and if more than one person has an Iphone, then each gots to pay the 30. 16 months and you will probably be able to get the IPhone 4g. lol