Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev_Hal

Issue to debate - A corndog is just a meat lollipop with breading

72 posts in this topic

I've gotten to the point where i let her talk and just kill it. No point in arguin back. Half the time i dont listen anyway, just nod my head

My wife and I never argue. At least not about anything important. Like most women she is a useless void when it comes to picking out a restaraunt. She only wants to go to wherever I want to go. Very annoying sometimes.

Corn dogs and football. duh.

Any competitive or aggressive activity will elevate your testosterone levels. The corn dogs are just to be funny but they do have saturated fats, however, unless there is demand for production by the activities it will all go to your thighs.

Or you could just get divorced because your levels go up again once you are single.

Well it is the offseason now, so can do much about football. Trying to get back on the basketball court but i hurt my ankle so i am trying to wait until it heals up. I hurt my left ankle and then tried to play on it at 90%, trying to be real careful and everything, and actually ended up hurting my right ankle, so i decided to wait awhile and get some ankle braces and some better basketball shoes.

My wife and I never argue. At least not about anything important. Like most women she is a useless void when it comes to picking out a restaraunt. She only wants to go to wherever I want to go. Very annoying sometimes.

YOu just decided not to argue but i am pretty sure that yall disagree more than just about restaraunts

YOu just decided not to argue but i am pretty sure that yall disagree more than just about restaraunts

Nope. We are extremely like-minded. We really do not have anything to disagree over. No kids, no financial worries, and we both have the same goals in life. We each have a short list of things that annoy us about the other but nothing of any great importance. Like she typically goes bonkers overdoing everything when we are going to have guests. We have an annual 4th of July family reunion and she decorates and caters like we are receiving royalty. On the face of it it doesn't seem like an annoyance but when you get dragged into it and you really don't care it can be bothersome. We have boxes and boxes and boxes of decorations and special plates and cups that get used for about 6 hours a year. I know she loves it so I suck it up and go along for the ride and keep my complaining to a min.

One year my nephew was here for his birthday. Since he lives a few hours from here his birthday party had very few children. That didn't keep us from renting one of those huge moonwalk inflateable things and getting a professionally made cake.

Nope. We are extremely like-minded. We really do not have anything to disagree over. No kids, no financial worries, and we both have the same goals in life. We each have a short list of things that annoy us about the other but nothing of any great importance. Like she typically goes bonkers overdoing everything when we are going to have guests. We have an annual 4th of July family reunion and she decorates and caters like we are receiving royalty. On the face of it it doesn't seem like an annoyance but when you get dragged into it and you really don't care it can be bothersome. We have boxes and boxes and boxes of decorations and special plates and cups that get used for about 6 hours a year. I know she loves it so I suck it up and go along for the ride and keep my complaining to a min.

yeah i hate that too, when we have guess coming she wants to buy new stuff and go all out for people who have been to the house plenty of times before. I suck it up and do it to, and just tease her and we both laugh about it. How long have you been married? Are you saying that during that whole time yall have never had an agrument/disagreement about anything.

yeah i hate that too, when we have guess coming she wants to buy new stuff and go all out for people who have been to the house plenty of times before. I suck it up and do it to, and just tease her and we both laugh about it. How long have you been married? Are you saying that during that whole time yall have never had an agrument/disagreement about anything.

18 wonderful years. We have never had a real conflict. We have argued over some really stupid things when we were both bone tired and sporting zero patience but after a few minutes one of us realizes what is going on and we stop. Even that happens rarely. What is really amazing is we never set a list of ground rules except one but we seem to have them anyway. We each spend what we want more or less but we automatically consult each other over expensive purchases or purchases that affect both parties. The only rule I had before we got married was that no one was ever to know our business. If there was ever a problem she was never to air it out to her friends and family. I can't stand people who feel like they need people on their side so they speak poorly of their spouse. Turns out I never needed that rule.

18 wonderful years. We have never had a real conflict. We have argued over some really stupid things when we were both bone tired and sporting zero patience but after a few minutes one of us realizes what is going on and we stop. Even that happens rarely. What is really amazing is we never set a list of ground rules except one but we seem to have them anyway. We each spend what we want more or less but we automatically consult each other over expensive purchases or purchases that affect both parties. The only rule I had before we got married was that no one was ever to know our business. If there was ever a problem she was never to air it out to her friends and family. I can't stand people who feel like they need people on their side so they speak poorly of their spouse. Turns out I never needed that rule.

So would you say that yall have grown to the point of not having any disagreements because yall have taken the time to get to know each others likes/dislikes instead of just sharing the same space for 18 years and calling it marriage. I think that if a husband and a wife truly put the time in to get to know and understand each other then yeah i can see how resolving conflicts can become easy and there are less and less disagreements. That is what me and my wife are working towards and we will get there.

So would you say that yall have grown to the point of not having any disagreements because yall have taken the time to get to know each others likes/dislikes instead of just sharing the same space for 18 years and calling it marriage. I think that if a husband and a wife truly put the time in to get to know and understand each other then yeah i can see how resolving conflicts can become easy and there are less and less disagreements. That is what me and my wife are working towards and we will get there.

Sorry. We met and married within 4 months and even in our first few years when the finances were tight we never argued.

The secret is really not complicated and it is not communication. If you to a point where communication is the answer to get back on track you have to ask yourself why you are off track to begin with.

If you have similiar goals and you are both working towards those goals or at least not working against them then the only other thing you really have to do is not be selfish. Anticpate her needs and ask yourself every day what little thing can I do to make her happy? All the small gestures will make it so you never need large ones.

Sorry. We met and married within 4 months and even in our first few years when the finances were tight we never argued.

The secret is really not complicated and it is not communication. If you to a point where communication is the answer to get back on track you have to ask yourself why you are off track to begin with.

If you have similiar goals and you are both working towards those goals or at least not working against them then the only other thing you really have to do is not be selfish. Anticpate her needs and ask yourself every day what little thing can I do to make her happy? All the small gestures will make it so you never need large ones.

I dont even think ill be able to accept it if we didnt have some type of verbal altercation. I'd think she's on drugs then

I understand what you are saying. WE have the same goals, but just different thoughts on how to get there, especially when it comes to finances, she wants everything now, i realized that everything will come in its due season, but we are compromising. I guess everyone has different ways to make the marriage most enjoyable for them. We are having to master the art of compromising so that both parties and comfortable, which after 3 years we are doing a pretty good job IMO.

I dont even think ill be able to accept it if we didnt have some type of verbal altercation. I'd think she's on drugs then

You may be able to get there never say never especially when it is something that is mutually beneficial.

You may be able to get there never say never especially when it is something that is mutually beneficial.

You use such technical words. What did you take up in college.

You use such technical words. What did you take up in college.

Finance and Marketing, B.A.

Finance and Business MBA

I try not too, but i guess sometimes i cant help it.

Finance and Marketing, B.A.

Finance and Business MBA

I try not too, but i guess sometimes i cant help it.

I can tell. You way to smart. Ima come get you and take you to my old hood so we can get some gangsta slang in ya

I can tell. You way to smart. Ima come get you and take you to my old hood so we can get some gangsta slang in ya

I got enough street smarts, and if i dont have enough my wife has plenty she grew up on the other side of the DEC.

I got enough street smarts, and if i dont have enough my wife has plenty she grew up on the other side of the DEC.

naw i aint mean it like that lol.

I meant so you can throw some of that gangsta slang on these boards

Well you can just tell me, we dont have to go to the hood for that. :D:lol: I was never big on slang anyway, always talked proper growing up. My mom was a teacher and she would always, always correct me when i would use slang in their house.

Well you can just tell me, we dont have to go to the hood for that. :D:lol: I was never big on slang anyway, always talked proper growing up. My mom was a teacher and she would always, always correct me when i would use slang in their house.

Well cant nobody say yo @ss wasnt raised properly. My mom tried to stop me from usin it but I wasnt hearing it. It got bad once I grew my first chin hair. Cant stop me now B)