Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SWIFT HITTER

Aaron Kelly should make the team over Finneran

155 posts in this topic

I see that scenario happening.

If Kelly has a good training camp and preseason he will make the team. Now, who he would replace, a hard choice!

Let me be the first to say Im one of Brian Finneran biggest fans. He was a clutch wr that made some big grabs in 3rd down situations but his time has come. It was a great story last season him coming back from injury but with Kelly he is a younger version of a Finneran. Kelly also can return some kicks and give Norwood a break.

White

Jenkins

Douglas

Weems-(special teams)

Kelly

agree or disagree.

i think our recievers should be and i think we will keep 6 this year

White

Jenkins

Douglas

Finneran

Kelly

Beregon- he has to finally make it lol

Let me be the first to say Im one of Brian Finneran biggest fans. He was a clutch wr that made some big grabs in 3rd down situations but his time has come. It was a great story last season him coming back from injury but with Kelly he is a younger version of a Finneran. Kelly also can return some kicks and give Norwood a break.

White

Jenkins

Douglas

Weems-(special teams)

Kelly

agree or disagree.

Disagree.

Give me Finneran. I saw Kelly on the news last night and I'm confident I could jam him. I don't think he can get off the line like Fin. Definitely don't think he can run routes like Fin who is the best route runner on the team. And even though he had a couple drops in his first year with a new QB in 02 and 08, he is usually bringin it in for either a first down or a TD. Mostly on slants, 15 yard outs, deep ins or end zone fades. Hail on special teams too.

Most interesting thread.

I really like Finn too.

Finn has been a stand up team guy from the get go.

Dude never runs his yapper, and is happy to be here.

Very few player have ever made it back into the NFL after

back to back season ending knee injuries.

So whats all this about Kelly.

1. If the guy can beat Finn out of a Roster spot then we have found ourselfs

a Steal of a Player.

2 Considering Finns knees and all, if Kelly cant beat Finn out of a roster spot the

we really dont need the guy.

But regardless of the above, I will tell you this with a certainty,

Who ever we release will get snapped up by Chicago.

I disagree due to the amount of time it takes for a WR to develop in the NFL. It takes most top flight WR's a year or two before they truly become productive. That being said, I think we retain Fin next year and hope that we can keep Kelly on the practice squad for the year.

White

Jenkins

Douglas

Weems-(special teams)

Kelly

agree or disagree.

B. Finneran is one of the best Redzone targets we have. He always makes great 3rd down catches and also provides a big target.

He is the complete ST player. He covers and tackles well on those units and is a great blocker on the return units. He and Jenkins are the best blocking WRs we have had in forever.

The guy is a baller, he is 30+ but he never relied on his speed to make plays so he continues to make plays.

Disagree.

Give me Finneran. I saw Kelly on the news last night and I'm confident I could jam him. I don't think he can get off the line like Fin. Definitely don't think he can run routes like Fin who is the best route runner on the team. And even though he had a couple drops in his first year with a new QB in 02 and 08, he is usually bringin it in for either a first down or a TD. Mostly on slants, 15 yard outs, deep ins or end zone fades. Hail on special teams too.

He has a thin frame. Finneran is use to the physicality of the NFL and he can also deliver some punishment

I saw Finn and Beregon and Kelly all make great moves and catches @ Mini Camp, but I think the edge has to go to Finn, I had heard that some of the vets were given the evening session off. What was Finn doing ? he was out there working with the rookie receivers, not practicing, but throwing to them and working on routes. That is dedication, that being said I would love to see Kelly and Beregon make the team, just not @ Finns expense

DSC06132.jpg

DSC06133.jpg

DSC06134.jpg

DSC06080.jpg

Keep Kelly based on what? Everyone should be prepared for the Finneran/Weems tandem sticking. For all the "lack of speed" people point to for Finneran, he always seems to get open ad make nice catches. His on-the-field savvy trumps flat-out speed every time.

White

Jenkins

Douglas

Weems-(special teams)

Kelly

agree or disagree.

Had you said could make the team over Finneran then sure why not but the fact that you said should is a blind guess since the guy has not taken one snap in the NFL. It would be nice to have a up and comer in a dual role but that ship has even left the port yet. ;)

I'd rather keep Finn and let Kelly replace Weems. That's the more realistic scenario IMO...

X2. Let Kelly and Weems battle for the last spot. If Kelly can't beat Weems out then he's not worth keeping.

no way would i swap finn for the new guy. finneran is a proven commodity esp. on 3rd down and the back of the end zone. i say put the new guy on the practice team and when/if the time comes for finn to move on, then bring him up if he's good enough.

weems will be the odd man out ... unless finn has lost half his speed since last year

I think Kelly is just to much of a steal as an UDFA to let walk away.

White

Jenkins

Douglas

Weems-(special teams)

Kelly

agree or disagree.

I agree, but I think Brown will be returning kicks along with Norwood.

great pics Greg

Thanks, I thought it was mighty cool that Finn was working with those guys like that.

I agree, but I think Brown will be returning kicks along with Norwood.

I think he will be too

Thanks, I thought it was mighty cool that Finn was working with those guys like that.

I think he will be too

Greg, Man you are just sitting on a Ton of great pics!

That picture speaks Volumes.

Looks like everybody is having a great time, and working like Pro's.

Hence Smitty's Grin.

Keep Kelly based on what? Everyone should be prepared for the Finneran/Weems tandem sticking. For all the "lack of speed" people point to for Finneran, he always seems to get open ad make nice catches. His on-the-field savvy trumps flat-out speed every time.

exactly...its nothing against Kelly, but he is going to have to show a lot to make this roster....a lot more than relatively proven Weems and a very proven Finneran have to show

most likely, just like 99.9% of UDFA's, he will be on the PS or not on an NFL roster

it would be awesome for him to come out swinging though

I don't think Finn is going anywhere right now. He is a possession type receiver and he is big on ST's. I like what I've read about Kelly but he will have to wait a year or two to replace Finn. Kelly could be the 5th receiver maybe r a practice squad guy for now.