Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Who's up for a Fantasy Football league?

625 posts in this topic

Folding in the playoffs like the Falcons

You have two weeks per playoff game, you can possibly make up for a poor showing the first week....or not,considering you have 50 points to make up.wink.png

BTW...JB Taking Charge of the playoffs!!! What happened, WillyMo?? 11-1 and fold in the playoffs?? Looks like you and me battling for Best Loser!

Good to see...MOST of the top playoff teams score over 200 points while the rest flounder around 150.

CREAM TO THE TOP, BABY!!!

BTW...JB Taking Charge of the playoffs!!! What happened, WillyMo?? 11-1 and fold in the playoffs?? Looks like you and me battling for Best Loser!

Good to see...MOST of the top playoff teams score over 200 points while the rest flounder around 150.

CREAM TO THE TOP, BABY!!!

It's the Falcons syndrome. Beast regular season, fold in playoffs

:(

I lost by 9 points... with Jamaal F'n Charles putting up 51 for the Fu Eng...

Good luck in the Championship, Dean and JB; may the best team take all the pretzels...

Congrats RC League... first year the Championship will be out of the Falcons' Nest...

sad.png

I lost by 9 points... with Jamaal F'n Charles putting up 51 for the Fu Eng...

Good luck in the Championship, Dean and JB; may the best team take all the pretzels...

Congrats RC League... first year the Championship will be out of the Falcons' Nest...

Cheffie, sorry you lost out with Charles putting on such a receiving display, but the first two years we started this, I won it all and the second year one of the Panther fans triumphed. I forget which one of our Panther brothers won, it may have been Pox, but I'm not sure. Either way.........we've finally been able to wrestle it back to the GOOD GUYS!tongue.png

Dean, Best of luck playing for second place! May your balls be filled with plenty of hot air, and your passes be as straight and true as a patented Matt Ryan or Tony Romo 4th quarter interception!wink.png

HEY WILLIE MO!! Are you tankin'??? Ben Tate and Wes Welker still in your lineup!??? I want to beat you at full speed...angry.png

Never got around to setting my lineup, dam...

congrats jb

Thanks! This is the second time I've won the RC league. I won it the first time we did it, about 6 years ago.

Next season, we ought to look into making it a $$ league, say $50.00 or $100.00 to buy in and split the $$ amongst the 2 finalists 70%-30%. I'd hate to make it more than a 12 team league though, because it really waters down the talent level of each team.

Congrats jb...RC Champion AND Lovie Smith...Steaks and Conch at the ol' pirate arse house tonight, eh...

You Betcha! There's an entirely new out look around here. Before there was a negative, oppressive aura around this team.

It didn't go away the minute Schianopoleon was fired (but it helped a lot), but when the Glazers went out and got Lovie, it completely changed the perception of our team and what we could expect for the future. It also renewed our faith in the Glazers, because the previous two coaching hires were total pooch screws. Now...we finally have a REAL NFL head coach that can bring in a real NFL staff.

I don't wish ill of Greg Schiano, I just hope no NFL owner is never stupid enough to allow this dipstick to ever subject ANY NFL fans to what we've had to endure the last 2 seasons.

It does feel good to finish the season a winner, even on such a small basis, but I'd gladly trade it to be watching the BUCS in the playoffs right now!

What do you think of a money league for next season? Say each of us puts up $50.00 in the pot, and the two finalists split it?

What do you think of a money league for next season? Say each of us puts up $50.00 in the pot, and the two finalists split it?

Im cool with a money league. Id put the 50 up to play.

Im not so cool with the week 17 games though. Im not crying or complaining but theres teams that sit players and that really hurts a fantasy team.

Im cool with a money league. Id put the 50 up to play.

Im not so cool with the week 17 games though. Im not crying or complaining but theres teams that sit players and that really hurts a fantasy team.

I think we can either cut the playoffs short or just cut out week 17 altogether. Every season teams get hurt because of teams sitting high profile players. Lucky for me, Manning played all 17 weeks, and only had one really bad game.

Trick to it is....planning! Make sure you have good backups for week 17. Check out my roster, Manning was the ONLY top 5 player I had other than my Defense & kicker.

I think we can either cut the playoffs short or just cut out week 17 altogether. Every season teams get hurt because of teams sitting high profile players. Lucky for me, Manning played all 17 weeks, and only had one really bad game.

Trick to it is....planning! Make sure you have good backups for week 17. Check out my roster, Manning was the ONLY top 5 player I had other than my Defense & kicker.

Yeah, part of FF is knowing when and who to pick up in FA so that your team is competitive come playoff time.

Didn't help me but...you know...why let facts get in the way of a good argument!

:D