I'm fed up of hearing about MV7

Guest Gritz

In all fairness Vick is probably sick of it too......

There are so many other interesting story lines in the NFL.

It's sad that all they can talk about really seems to be Vick or Favre.

he loves it, that will be his excuse for NOT taking the 10 an hr construction job watch.... and he will have a point, they would follow him on his job site and no contractor in his right mind would want a media circus on his job site...

he can give an exclusive for what 1, 2, 3 million lol, but yea hes gonna go work for 400 a week lmao......

like i said , i dont think he will be reinstated anyway not in 2009, ppl say well pac man this and that... pac mans crimes were not of a horrid nature, and he didnt stand up and lie to the commishs face like Vick did.... pac man got wild in strip clubs, he didnt Kill and Torture helpless animals and lie about it.....

THere has been something really bothering me about this YKW arguement - I was not going to start a thread, but I will feed this beast once, and only once -

"he did not kill a person, it was only a dog" arguement really erks me. My point:

1. If you want to compare people and dogs, do it in the context of the CRIME. Hitting a dog while driving under the influence is not a felony and he would not have gone to prison for it. He would have gotten a first offender DUI - 24 hours in county lock up.

2. HItting a person under the influence of alcohol is not a premeditated act.

3. What YKW did was premeditated, and he did it several times. He was also guilty of interstate gambling.

4. While I abhor fighting dogs, it is in our sick culture. What really got my goat was the KILLING, inhumanely, of these animals (frankly, my uncle hunts big game and mounts them - I think that is sick too. Legal mind you, but sick. Hunting for food is another matter)

5. While I understand that fightling dogs is in our sick culture, it is also illegal. YKW was a team leader, and made irresponsible choices. I do not think that 2 years in jail will automatically give him the common sense to start doing the right things.

6. We live in a sick society when folks will give him a pass over race. THis guy flipped off 70K fans, gave a person Herpes, admitted to not trying his best, hung out with thugs who stole (the watch) and smoked dope in his car - I wonder how many of those folks who love him so much would pay YKW to work in their business - I do not see any of these folks screaming in defense of CEO's that get canned for making a pass at a secretary.

7. He paid his debt to society, he deserves another chance. He paid his debt and what he gets for that is OUT of JAIL. No one is obligated to give him a job because he finished jail time.

For all who are sick of these YKW comments, I apologize, understand, and will not do it again. I just had to get this off my chest. Sorry.

Right im gonna do this once and once only, but let me preface this by saying that what he did was sick and inhumane but ( and im playing devils advocate here) people may be getting a little self righteous because what he hurt was albeit a more agressive pet an animal that is a pet none the same, what he did to dogs is not that much worse thansomething kfc has been reported to do to chickens or bullfighting in spain or a multidute of animal rights violations.,Nnot saying he shouldnt have been punished because he got what was coming to him, but people are to an extent revealing a certain double standard. But i will sit back and wait for someone to misunderstood what i meant by playing devils advocate and flame me or worse.

Seriously, there's no point in him getting any media coverage until he's reinstated.

True lol the media doesn't understand that they're playing it out. When he was going to see his P.O They asked him how he felt when he got home and what his future plans were like we all dont know. I think this is what they wanted

Vick: Oh home was fine, i just beat the **** out of my wife with a shovel and practiced bullets passes on my harvey windows. Oh future plans, well i gotta get my money up a little bit and this time i think i'll go down to Mexico to do my dogfights. Cops out here be wiling.

Couldn't agree more, I'm really sick of it ... the local media should realise that, while Vick might still be on the roster, he's NOT part of the team, move on and write/talk about the team that made us all happy last season and not about Vick.

He was living a criminal lifestyle and I'm sick of excuses too ... but please let's move on and stop talking about the person that nearly destroyed a franchise.

i been reading these posts where people say he got treated bad and all that. true enough he killed dogs and he got what he deserved. people dont realize ALOT of dogs were killed and he actually shouldve gotten more time. but the MAIN reason he got the time he got is because when he was first asked, he LIED. i havent seen anybody mention that this whole time. he shouldve told the truth in the first place. he probably wouldve got off a lil easier. but hey, thats just me

Couldn't agree more, I'm really sick of it ... the local media should realise that, while Vick might still be on the roster, he's NOT part of the team, move on and write/talk about the team that made us all happy last season and not about Vick.

He was living a criminal lifestyle and I'm sick of excuses too ... but please let's move on and stop talking about the person that nearly destroyed a franchise.

Oh yeah, Vick nearly destroyed a franchise. :lol::rolleyes: We had ONE bad year when he left. I don't think that constitutes nearly destroying a franchise so stop being so dramatic.

Guest Gritz
Oh yeah, Vick nearly destroyed a franchise. :lol::rolleyes: We had ONE bad year when he left. I don't think that constitutes nearly destroying a franchise so stop being so dramatic.

You're dead on the mark Matt, but the media sure bought into that "destroyed franchise" crap before last season didn't they?

Suckers.

You're dead on the mark Matt, but the media sure bought into that "destroyed franchise" crap before last season didn't they?

Suckers.

If people are GENUINELY concerned that Vick nearly destroyed this franchise then take a look around the league. How many teams are there that are constantly pick in the top three of the NFL Draft. The Lions are one of those teams that you can bet every year will be picking a top three draft pick, yet that franchise is still around. So compare that ONE year to the many years they Lions have sucked and I think that you will find that you are being irrational in saying that Vick nearly destroyed a franchise.

Ef him. He is HISTORY in one more week. Counting down the days to pop the champagne!

Move On DOT Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

bird and MANY others!!!!

:)

C YA!

The champagne is in the fridge, the glasses are on the bar and I don't care what happens. I just want the Falcons to finally be free!

... but please let's move on and stop talking about the person that nearly destroyed a franchise.
LMAO. Destroyed a franchise? That is totally hilarious coming from a Falcon from 82. That's 27 years. Vick was part of one of the best Falcon runs in that span bro.

Destroyed a franchise?

-38-28-1 on six teams that four other QBs went 9-20 on

-Led a 7-9 team to the second round of the playoffs.

-Led a 2-10 team to a 3-1 finish in 2003, including a win over the NFC Champs

-Led a 5-11 team to an 11-5 record and an NFCCG appearance in 2004

-Made enough plays in 05 and 06 to go to the playoffs

-Three Pro Bowls

-Six straight sold out Domes

Destroyed the franchise? I don't think so.