Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aria7

Michael Vick does NOT deserve to return to the NFL and here is why...

108 posts in this topic

The people that you mention did NOT come close to what Michael Vick did and are poor examples. The cruelty to be has with the training alone is beyond reason let alone with cases of such trained dogs who manage to break free and hurt and kill both people and other animals that cross thier path. It has nothing to do with the Vick name. This is a red herring. Vick makes alot of money because he is in the spot light and will get alot of heat ALSO because of that spotlight. However, spotlight or not, this the worst any professional football player has been caught doing. And why are you acting like this is mere speculation without and proof. They have evidence, eye witness testimonny AND THE ADMITTANCE OF MICHAEL VICK himself. He did it. Case closed. For you comment that people did more, I am assuming harm, than Michael Vick did... NFL football players, I would like you to name one, and why the activity that they participated in was worse that what vick did. I think YOU were the one polorizing. If michael vick wasnt the athelete that he is and they thrown him in jail, you could care less about him. He would just be another jerk who got caught abusing animals.

drunk driving and killing a human is far worse than what can happen to a dog. Men go to jail for life for things like that.

Natural selection. Who is crying when 2 dogs get in a fight and one gets killed in a neighborhood besides the owner.

They are still animals, lets not put them on the level of humans .

How lonley do you feel right now?

Enough to post your your own HAHAHAHHA?

Yes I care. If I am alone on this or not is irrelavent. I dont need a pat on the back. Do you need to agree with cognative dissonance in order to feel competant or liked. I'll let you google congnative dissonace. LOL.

drunk driving and killing a human is far worse than what can happen to a dog. Men go to jail for life for things like that.

Natural selection. Who is crying when 2 dogs get in a fight and one gets killed in a neighborhood besides the owner.

They are still animals, lets not put them on the level of humans .

Take a science class. ALL people are animals.

Yes I care. If I am alone on this or not is irrelavent. I dont need a pat on the back. Do you need to agree with cognative dissonance in order to feel competant or liked. I'll let you google congnative dissonace. LOL.

You looked that up just now didn't you? C'mon admit it :rolleyes: I suppose now your gonna tell your a college Proffesor at oxford or something right.... self gratyfying lol

I dont need a pat on the back. Do you need to agree with cognative dissonance in order to feel competant or liked

that in of its self is whats known as a lash out, when logical argument can no longer be acheived. I know cause I 'm doing it right now.

I'm sure you we're fully aware that logging on to a Falcons MB and saying this would get you in these kind of debates.

Jeez lay off. Vick deserved every bit of the punishment he got for his crime and now he's paid it. If you wanna hate him fine but quit your high and mighty sactomonoius ********. I think Vick desrves a chance to redeem himself and its nor up to you to say he can't.

Its not up to me to say, but its up to you to say? LOL Look, i said he does have a chance to get a life. But not in the NFL. He was ok at best anyway. People will watch football without him. Let him get a job mowing lawns and he can have his life. I am not being sanctamonious... not sactomonious...LOL JK, giving you a hard time. but I am telling it how it is. You are correct on one point I cant direct his life, but I can share my feelings and thoughts about it. Vick can redeem himself IF he wants to. Which of course is doubtful. If your gullisble enought to think that vick is sincere, I got some property in florida to sell you. Also since you didnt read my original post. The so called crimes vick 'paid' for were commercial and it had nothing to do with the dog fiighting... they were for gambling and illegal transporation for gambling, totally commercial in nature. I dont want to hear this ridiculous claim that he paid for his crime because he in no way shape or for did. If he killed a woman, you cant repay the woman, and the so called society that is getting paid is not the injured party. You cant pay back a life you took. THats not a judgement, that is a fact.

You looked that up just now didn't you? C'mon admit it :rolleyes: I suppose now your gonna tell your a college Proffesor at oxford or something right.... self gratyfying lol

I dont need a pat on the back. Do you need to agree with cognative dissonance in order to feel competant or liked

that in of its self is whats known as a lash out, when logical argument can no longer be acheived. I know cause I 'm doing it right now.

Dont hate because them big words bother you. It's not like I tortured and killed you. Plus I am not lashing out, I am observing and calling it how I see it. Maybe you feel the same. But if what I have to say is of no importance to you; Why bother commenting on it?

There are dozens of Players in the league RIGHT NOW that have been arrested on charges of Battery (mostly for beating thier Wives/ Girlfriends) Now in my mind thats worse than dog fighting(Many would disagree), however I acknowledge that both are messed up in thier own right( and deserving of punishment, which Vick has served). You can make a case that then all those guys should be expelled as well and I would respect that stance (I would disagree but respect it.) Vick is being singled out for his high profile status and because the victim of his crime was a dog. An animal that allmost of us have at one time owned and loved making this crime personally sensitive and relatable.

Take a science class. ALL people are animals.

According to you Vick is the only one that is an animal for the savage things he did right?

According to you Vick is the only one that is an animal for the savage things he did right?

Wrong. According to me, Michael Vick is a cruel animal that was cruel to other animals. ALL people are animals. Me, you.... everyone. But not all people are cruel. Michael Vick is AN EXAMPLE of a animal who IS cruel. He is NOT the only one. But He is famous. Most people know about what he did because of his fame, BOTH THE GOOD AND THE BAD. Why is it when someone famous does right, everyone jumps on the bandwagon and says how great he is and that is just A-OK. But if they get caught doing something heinous, then its, lay off man you shouldnt be judging. If you say Michael Vick is awesome football player... THAT IS A JUDGEMENT ....JUST LIKE if someone says he is a monster for being cruel to animals. Only difference one is for and the other is against.

Wrong. According to me, Michael Vick is a cruel animal that was cruel to other animals. ALL people are animals. Me, you.... everyone. But not all people are cruel. Michael Vick is AN EXAMPLE of a animal who IS cruel. He is NOT the only one. But He is famous. Most people know about what he did because of his fame, BOTH THE GOOD AND THE BAD. Why is it when someone famous does right, everyone jumps on the bandwagon and says how great he is and that is just a OK. But if they get caught doing something heinous, then its, lay off man you shouldnt be judging. If you say MichaelVick is great, and a awesome football player... that is a judgement JUST LIKE if someone says he is a monster for being cruel to animals. Only difference one is for and the other is against.

Double edged sword

Why is it when someone famous is accused (in this case charged by a jury of his peers), half the room is willing as you say to jump on his bandwagon, but lets not forget the other half that wants to see him drug and stoned through the streets beacuse they have already thought the worst (many times laying down preguilt although in this case thats irrelavent). In cases of shakey evidence a good lawyer is gonna get you off ( MJ or Kobe (settled) come to mind), however if you do have a well known case and you are charged guilty, god help you, they go the extra mile. Prossecution knew what it was doing when they gave his acomplises plea bargins to make an example out of Vick.

I'll drink to that one. :lol:

Count me in....

Vick deserves a second chance, but this MB don't deserve +10 threads per day about the guy. We have an OTA going on at the moment and that should be the hot topic, not if MV will stay, go, run the wildcat, be released, traded, if he should start over Ryan, go bankrupt or not, get a hot new girlfriend, move to the Bucs and destroy us two times a year or retire.

Count me in....

Vick deserves a second chance, but this MB don't deserve +10 threads per day about the guy. We have an OTA going on at the moment and that should be the hot topic, not if MV will stay, go, run the wildcat, be released, traded, if he should start over Ryan, go bankrupt or not, get a hot new girlfriend, move to the Bucs and destroy us two times a year or retire.

Once again, if you dont think the thread is relavant; Why bother commenting on. Plus the falcon team is going through OTAs, I am not. I do not vicariously participate in the OTAs with them. I am a fan, not part of the falcon team as you are. Lets not mix fanstasy with reality. This message board get replys because people want to reply as YOU JUST DID. If you want to make a thread about the OTAs then do so.

Double edged sword

Why is it when someone famous is accused (in this case charged by a jury of his peers), half the room is willing as you say to jump on his bandwagon, but lets not forget the other half that wants to see him drug and stoned through the streets beacuse they have already thought the worst (many times laying down preguilt although in this case thats irrelavent). In cases of shakey evidence a good lawyer is gonna get you off however if your famous and you turn out to be guilty god help you, they go the extra mile. Prossecution knew what it was doing when they gave his acomplises plea bargins to make an example out of Vick.

I supported vick BEFORE i knew about this incident. Like his current fans I was excited to see him play. He was a freak athlete at the QB position. I love football. But football does not rule my life nor does being a fan of a team. There are more important things than just football. Real life takes place when the cameras are off, there is no one on the field and there are no spectators to watch. How we treat each other is more important than getting a football past the goal line. Once again, i never said VIck shouldnt have a second chance.. I only commented on how it SHOULD NOT BE IN THE NFL. VICK DOES NOT NEED TO PLAY IN THE NFL TO HAVE A LIFE. I am assuming you have a life, and YOU DONT PLAY IN THE NFL. Just because Vick shouldnt play in the NFL has NOTHING to do with a second chance at life. These are 2 SEPERATE things.

Once again, if you dont think the thread is relavant; Why bother commenting on. Plus the falcom team is going thruoght OTAs, I am not. I do not vicariously participate in the OTAs with them. I am a fan, not part of the falcon team as you are. Lets not mix fanstasy with reality. This message board get replys because people want to reply as YOU JUST DID. If you want to make a thread about the OTAs then do so.

You're a fan...but you're more concerned about a guy who will never play in Atlanta again than with the players batteling it out for the upcomming season?

:rolleyes:

I supported vick BEFORE i knew about this incident. Like his current fans I was excited to see him play. He was a freak athlete at the QB position. I love football. But football does not rule my life nor does being a fan of a team. There are more important things than just football. Real life takes place when the cameras are off, there is no one on the field and there are no spectators to watch. How we treat each other is more important than getting a football past the goal line. Once again, i never said VIck shouldnt have a second chance.. I only commented on how it SHOULD NOT BE IN THE NFL. VICK DOES NOT NEED TO PLAY IN THE NFL TO HAVE A LIFE. I am assuming you have a life, and YOU DONT PLAY IN THE NFL. Just because Vick shouldnt play in the NFL has NOTHING to do with a second chance at life. These are 2 SEPERATE things.

"VICK DOES NOT NEED TO PLAY IN THE NFL TO HAVE A LIFE"

Bringing us back to the catch topic. Was his crime football related? Maybe you can say that he used Blanks' money to finance his Dog Fighting org. (although he may have been involved as early as his teens) but this is fine because his money was taken away and all his edorsments (rightfully) stripped from him. But he is well within in right (pending commmish approval) to seek a new contract (which will be severely reduced) and to play for another team. Is it you feel he shouldn't be allowed any wealth for any talents or future talents he may develop? If he was to oh I don't know invent his own Vick/George Forman Grill should all of his profits be seized in penance. Getting a regular 9-5 job for him won't be as easy as for say if you or me we're charged with Dog Fighting. First off beacue of the media it would be far more humiliating and because he is such a high profile felon many companies would be afraid to take him own cause it might damage thier business image. In my own personal opion, he has served his time and he derserves another chance (and only one) to reddem himself as a player and his name as a father of two children.

You're a fan...but you're more concerned about a guy who will never play in Atlanta again than with the players batteling it out for the upcomming season?

:rolleyes:

I am a fan. I dont not make many posts because I enjoy reading more what most people have to say and it is usually not on Vick. I commented on Vick because he just got released from prison and it is a current topic with the atlanta falcons, the fans of the falcons, and football fans in general. It is a relavent and current topic. It was imporatant enough for NFL.com to mention about and Arthur Blank to reply to as well as being one of the current posts of the home page of the Atlanta falcons. You dont like the post perhaps because the negativty is directed towards a player you MIGHT like. I dont comment on just people battling it out for the upcoming season because I simply root for them, and being a falcon fan, that goes WITHOUT SAYING. However it seems ok for others to have polls on who should start vick or ryan, or if they have threads saying Vick deserves a second chance. How dare I speak about thier beloved hero in such a fashion. I DARE.

Bringing us back to the catch topic. Was his crime football related? Maybe you can say that he used Blanks' money to finance his Dog Fighting org. (although he may have been involved as early as his teens) but this is fine because his money was taken away and all his edorsments (rightfully) stripped from him. Be he is well within in right (pending commmish approval) to seek a new contract (which will be severely reduced) and play for another team. Is it you feel he shouldn't be allowed any wealth for any talents or future talents he may develop. If he was to oh I don't know invent his own Vick/George Forman Grill should all of his profits be seized in penance.

the legal issues were not football related. His lieing to the fans, owner commisioner was AS WELL AS those illegal activities COSTING THE TEAM DEARLY because they DIDNT have a starting QB. So YES they are ALSO crimes AGAINST the team as well. If Michael Vick decided NOT to kill animals for his amuzement and just gotten laid like the rest of the players, He would be a falcon, have his millions, be currently starting, would'nt have to serve time in jail, wouldnt cost the team to draft a new qb, the dogs would still be alive. PETA would be happy. Now some might say if vick hadnt dont this, we might not have matt ryan, coaches ect. We might have not needed them. And at the very least as a fan, going 4-12 the previous year was largly due to MICHAEL VICKS STUPIDITY, so I say a resounding yes. Plus it made the entire NFL look bad also. Hence, why do you think all vicks sponcers dropped him like yesterdays garbage if it was no big deal and the crime was not directly related to them. Think about it.

Bringing us back to the catch topic. Was his crime football related? Maybe you can say that he used Blanks' money to finance his Dog Fighting org. (although he may have been involved as early as his teens) but this is fine because his money was taken away and all his edorsments (rightfully) stripped from him. Be he is well within in right (pending commmish approval) to seek a new contract (which will be severely reduced) and play for another team. Is it you feel he shouldn't be allowed any wealth for any talents or future talents he may develop. If he was to oh I don't know invent his own Vick/George Forman Grill should all of his profits be seized in penance.

the legal issues were directly not football related. His lieing to the fans, owner commisioner was WERE. You dont think him being absent for the team for all that time was not football related? AS those illegal activities COSTING THE TEAM DEARLY because they DIDNT have a starting QB. So YES they are ALSO crimes AGAINST the team as well. If Michael Vick decided NOT to kill animals for his amuzement and just gotten laid like the rest of the players, He would be a falcon, wouild not have lost all that money, would be starting, wounld have to serve time in jail, wouldnt cost the team to draft a new qb, the dogs would still be alive. PETA would be happy. Now some might say if vick hadnt dont this, we might not have matt ryan, coaches ect. Well might not have needed them. And at the very least as a fan, going 4-12 the previous year was largly due to MICHAEL VICKS STUPIDITY, so I say a resounding yes. Plus it make the entire NFL look bad also. Hence, why do you think all vicks sponcers dropped him like yesterdays garbage if it was no big deal and the crime was not directly related to them. Think about it.

How dare I speak about your beloved God in such a fashion. I DARE.

Besides for 10-15 people i highly doubt he's a good to anyone.

the legal issues were not football related. His lieing to the fans, owner commisioner was AS WELL AS those illegal activities COSTING THE TEAM DEARLY because they DIDNT have a starting QB. So YES they are ALSO crimes AGAINST the team as well. If Michael Vick decided NOT to kill animals for his amuzement and just gotten laid like the rest of the players, He would be a falcon, wouild not have lost all that money, would be starting, wounld have to serve time in jail, wouldnt cost the team to draft a new qb, the dogs would still be alive. PETA would be happy. Now some might say if vick hadnt dont this, we might not have matt ryan, coaches ect. Well might not have needed them. And at the very least as a fan, going 4-12 the previous year was largly due to MICHAEL VICKS STUPIDITY, so I say a resounding yes. Plus it make the entire NFL look bad also. Hence, why do you think all vicks sponcers dropped him like yesterdays garbage if it was no big deal and the crime was not directly related to them. Think about it.

Yes but none of those is a CRIME He was dropped because Nike doesn't want thier image asscoiated with someone who has been charged with Dog Fighting. They don't give a snot about the NFL's image. (still Not seeing what his crime has to do with football)

wait you wanna ban him for life because he made us go 4-12? ... what!? Do you know how petty that sounds? I was pissed off too (you can check my posting records for the proof) at him but if football doesn't control your life then why would you want to crucify him for screwing us out of one year. ( and in fact may have created a Ryan/Smith dynasty anyway)

heII from a fans perspective you should be all for him going to and ruining another team then.

Yes but none of those is a CRIME He was dropped because Nike doesn't want thier image asscoiated with someone who has been charged with Dog Fighting.

wait you wanna ban him cause he went 4-12? ... what!?

I want to ban him because he was cruel to animals AND he cost the team AND he is a trouble maker in general. The only TRUE crime were to the victims which were the dogs. Everything else was commercial and him being sleazy by lieing. I didnt mind him smoking mary jane because there is NO VICTIM. I didnt like the Ron Mexico incident either, even tho he was a sleeze bag he wasnt going out of his way for being cruel IN THAT INCIDENT. The dog fighting was a nightmare both on and off the field. This was not some lone incident. This was perpetual, and the other incidents were only clues to his charachter. If he wasnt caught he would probably still be killing animals and getting into all sorts of problems ON AND OFF THE FIELD. Vick didnt change his ways (IF HE EVEN DID) bcause he saw the light and has some ephiphany; He was caught and even then he lied about it. THAT IS WHY I WANT HIM BANNED. Maybe you dont mind cruel troublemaking a-holes lieing to you. I do. Let me ask you this... what evidence is there that he even deserves a chance. If we need evidence to convict someone, should we need evidence of him getting a second chance IN FOOTBALL? Plus your analogy of crucifying him simply because I share my opinion is extreme. Let me get this straight... you are more worried about me making a comment on a message board than how a man treats people and other living beings... that simply sharing an opinion is worse than heinous cruelty and recklass behavior?

I want to ban him because he was cruel to animals AND he cost the team AND he is a trouble maker in general. The only TRUE crime were to the victims which were the dogs. Everything else was commercial and him being sleazy by lieing. I didnt mind him smoking mary jane because there is NO VICTIM. I didnt like the Ron Mexico incident either, even tho he was a sleeze bag he wasnt going out of his way for being cruel IN THAT INCIDENT. The dog fighting was a nightmare both on and off the field. This was not some lone incident. This was perpetual, and the other incidents were only clues to his charachter. If he wasnt caught he would probably still be killing animals and getting into all sorts of problems ON AND OFF THE FIELD. Vick didnt change his ways (IF HE EVEN DID) bcause he saw the light and has some ephiphany; He was caught and even then he lied about it. THAT IS WHY I WANT HIM BANNED. Maybe you dont mind cruel troublemaking a-holes lieing to you. I do. Let me ask you this... what evidence is there that he even deserves a chance. If we need evidence to convict someone, should we need evidence of him getting a second chance IN FOOTBALL?

Who are you to say he hasn't changed?Our legal system is all about second chances. Dind't you say you don't let football run your life? Kinda going back on that now. If we banned atletes for lying to the fans (really the media) we'd have a VERY large list.

Nothing wrong with you presenting your case, its what Messsge Boards we're for. I don't like when people start making presumptions of character frompeople they've never met (like when I called you lonely beacuse you implyed I suffer from acholism.) You don't know me(I don't know you). If you did you'd know that I'm a college student and I get **** for controlling how much I drink and get teased for being the most frequent designated driver. Trust me(and all you have is my word on this) I probally drink less than most people.

Who are you to say he hasn't changed?Our legal system is all about second chances. Dind't you say you don't let football run your life? Kinda going back on that now. If we banned atletes for lying to the fans (really the media) we'd have a VERY large list

Dude, you are picking and choosing what you are reading from what I posted... I didnt say that lieing was the lone reason... I said it was PART of it. Its not JUSt the lieing. It the lieing, cruelty and recklass behavior to which we hold these premadonnas of no account. And it seems you are willing to let these athletes off the hook simply to satify your entertainment. I doubt you like the others even care about the man, you only care about the entertainment that he provides you. The legal system is not about second chances. the legal system is about contracts, breaching contracts and seeking restitution. I dont know where you are getting this fantasy wishful thinking that the legal system is about second chances. Does it say that in the US code, the Uniform commercial code, state constitions or the federal constituon? If you know, please enlighten me, because I never heard of that before. Also I didnt say if he did or didnt change. LOL. I said WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE THAT HE HAS CHANGED? I ASKED A QUESTION. I did not make a comment regarding if he was sincere.

man its late...

Just commetin you said SEVERAL times he should be banned cause he lied and by hapstance screwed Atlanta (wish we could send Petrino to jail then, he did both.)

Only position I could agree with would be cruelty, which brings us to whether you think his sentence was enough attonment for this. Quite obvoiusly you don't. I beleave its worth the chance for redemption.At the end of the day its up to RG and if he thinks Vick is trully sorry and if him playing help/hurts the league.

man its late...

Just commetin you said SEVERAL times he should be banned cause he lied and by hapstance screwed Atlanta (wish we could send Petrino to jail then, he did both.)

Only position I could agree with would be cruelty, which bringsus to whether you think his sentence was enough attonment for this. Quite obvoiusly you don't

He wasnt sentenced for cruelty to animals, once again he was senctence for illegal transporation for betting, and betting on an illegal activity. He has seved NO TIME for animal cruelty. I ask you when is he going to serve time for animal creulty. Because any time served for THAT REASON is better than no time served.