Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aria7

Michael Vick does NOT deserve to return to the NFL and here is why...

108 posts in this topic

Michael Vick did not just make a mistake. A mistake is when you forget to turn off the lights or get into an accident. Saying that throwing helpess animals in a cage to rip each other to shreds is a a mistake is a qualification for the lack of humanity people have for other living beings and how entertainment is such a high priority in thier lives. Michael Vick didnt accidently electrocute, slam, torture and god knows what else did to those canines by accident. He didnt trip over fido and accidently kill it. Michael Vick PLANNED it all out, and scolded his peers in keeping his identity a secret for his cruel intentions. He planned the activities LATE at night behind closed doors because HE KNEW what he was doing was wrong. He lied to Arthur Blank, the fans, the media and the *cough* the authorities because he didn' want to get caught. He only admitted to what he did AFTER the fact.

I do not know about you, but a man's word is his bond. If he is not honest, there is NO reason to believe anything he says given his past history. Now for people thinking that "thier just animals"... all people, ALL PEOPLE are part of the animal kingdom, and ALL invertabrates FEAL pain. Michael Vick did not have dog fights because he needed money, not that is a valid excuse; But because he enjoyed the torture of small creatures and he had blood lust. This is the man who finds a personal relationship with an imaginary friend when he is about to go to jail. In law, justice is to the DAMAGED party. Society, was not the damaged party. The charges that he 'paid' in jail were COMPLETELY commercial in nature and had NOTHING to do with hurting animals. It was for BETTING and TRANSPORTING across and in state lines. They didnt give a crap about those animals. Society never had a debt. The animals did, and that debt can never be paid. Now for you folks think this is just about some PETA BS, you are wrong. Animal abuse leads to people abuse.

The so called 'getting his life on track' is nothing more than a public relations scheme. It would'nt matter if he was black or white either. Cruelty is cruelty. Now for those who try to say what about car accident that donte stallworh had that killed someone...Donte as stupid and as careless as he was, did not plan out the death of another human being or take pleasure killing of that life. If Michael Vick honestly ran over a dog by accident, even if it was carelessness, the people tho angry would have forgiven him much eaiser. Being purposely cruel is what makes a man infamous for good reason. A callous heart is the cause of societies problems; The apathy of the cruel only makes it that much worse.. albeit human or any OTHER animal. -_-

And for those of you really only concerned with the football portion. Michael Vick lied to his own peers which would make him INCAPABLE of being a TEAM leader as a QB. He was a great athelete but not a great football player, and certainly devoid of being a great man. Did he put butts in seats?... Yes. But that is the past. The risk reward factor for any team dumb enough to take him would only alienate fans to that potential team as well as his rustiness of being off the field would quiete honestly make him a liabilty. Plus what team wants all that negative attention from a athelete that will probably be a backup. For those in love in the wild cat formation. The wild cat is a fad right now and is NOT as huge as people think. It threw off some teams because people havent seen it in a while. Big deal. Would any team want all that negativity for a player who would be on the field for say 25% playing time. LOL No one is going to have him be thier first string QB, he has proven not to be bright enough... and he isnt tough enough to handle RB nor does he have the skill to play Wr. Oh lets not forget that he LIED to the coaches, team owner AND the league commissioner. Yeah that what I want on my team. :lol:

Thats funny because Michael Vick did not just make a mistake. A mistake is when you forget to turn off the lights or get into an accident. Saying that throwing helpess animals in a cage to rip each other to shreds is a a mistake is a qualification for the lack of humanity people have for other living beings and how entertainment is such a high priority in thier lives. Michael Vick didnt accidently electrocute, slam, torture and god knows what else did to those canines by accident. He didnt trip over fido and accidently kill it. Michael Vick PLANNED it all out, and scolded his peers in keeping his identity a secret for his cruel intentions. He planned the activities LATE at night behind closed doors because HE KNEW what he was doing was wrong. He lied to Arthur Blank, the fans, the media and the *cough* the authorities because he didn' want to get caught. He only admitted to what he did AFTER the fact. I do not know about you, but a man's word is his bond. If he is not honest, there is NO reason to believe anything he says given his past history. Now for people thinking that "thier just animals"... all people, ALL PEOPLE are part of the animal kingdom, and ALL invertabrates FEAL pain. Michael Vick did not have dog fights because he needed money, not that is a valid excuse; But because he enjoyed the torture of small creatures and he had blood lust. This is the man who finds a personal relationship with an imaginary friend when he is about to go to jail. In law, justice is to the DAMAGED party. Society, was not the damaged party. The charges that he 'paid' in jail were COMPLETELY commercial in nature and had NOTHING to do with hurting animals. It was for BETTING and TRANSPORTING across and in state lines. They didnt give a crap about those animals. Society never had a debt. The animals did, and that debt can never be paid. Now for you folks think this is just about some PETA BS, you are wrong. Animal abuse leads to people abuse. The so called 'getting his life on track' is nothing more than a public relations scheme. It would'nt matter if he was black or white either. Cruelty is cruelty. Now for those who try to say what about car accident that donte stallworh had that killed someone...Donte as stupid and as careless as he was, did not plan out the death of another human being or take pleasure killing of that life. If Michael Vick honestly ran over a dog by accident, even if it was carelessness, the people tho angry would have forgiven him much eaiser. Being purposely cruel is what makes a man infamous for good reason. A callous heart is the cause of societies problems; The apathy of the cruel only makes it that much worse.. albeit human or any OTHER animal.

Lets just lock up all the people that are tying up Bulls nuts and letting humans ride on them for an adrenaline rush?

Or the Matadors that are stabbing Bulls that eventually get put to death?

Lets lock up all the people that go out and hunt deer, quail, turkey and hog. How humane is it to just kill animals in cold blood?

They were here before us, what gives us that right?

I simply dont like the singling out of one species and calling it the worse thing on earth.

L. Tomlinson said that dogfighting was a means of entertainment where he grew up.

I love it when people try to say they dont care. Your ex jail bird feels the same way about you. LOL really... you cry that you want him back and he could care less about you. I love it.

I love it when people try to say they dont care. Your ex jail bird feels the same way about you. LOL really... you cry that you want him back and he could care less about you. I love it.

I care about Ooke about as much as I care about your judgemental attitude and your giant stire the pot Ookie thread.

What else does the man have to do? I definitely do not want him to play for the Falcons again, but he does deserve another chance.

He lost everything he had and is currently bankrupt. He spent almost two years of his life in prison.

He did his time for what he did and it is no reason why he should receive further penalty. It is absolutely stupid to compare a man's death to a animals death. Stallworth's decision to drive drunk, was imo, a worse crime. You cannot compare a dog's life to a Human's life.

If you are willing to forgive him, you should be willing to forgive Vick. I do and have moved on.

Lets just lock up all the people that are tying up Bulls nuts and letting humans ride on them for an adrenaline rush?

Or the Matadors that are stabbing Bulls that eventually get put to death?

Lets lock up all the people that go out and hunt deer, quail, turkey and hog. How humane is it to just kill animals in cold blood?

They were here before us, what gives us that right?

I simply dont like the singling out of one species and calling it the worse thing on earth.

L. Tomlinson said that dogfighting was a means of entertainment where he grew up.

I don't agree with the matadors stabbing the bulls to death, I've been to Spain and taken many Spanish classes and I still find it pretty horrific..... But comparing hunting to what Vick did is a horrible argument to throw out there.... There is a difference. My friends and family all hunt, and to be honest, I don't participate because I don't feel it necessary and I think there are better "sports" to pursue. But what Vick did has nothing to do with hunting. He tortured dogs. Killed, electrocuted, slammed, etc.... The mark of a hunter is getting a clean kill shot. One shot one kill. Whether you agree with hunting or not, it is far more humane than dog fighting. Especially considering that hunting has been legalized in many mountains and parks because deer are starving to death, which is a far worse death than an instantaneous death by bullet.... If you're going to argue, argue the point. Don't compare it to something that is completely irrelevant. Killing an animal cleanly is one thing(hunting)... Torturing and watching a certain species of animal fight until the death is another story, then electrocuting, slamming, and drowning an animal if it loses is a complete lack of compassion and ethics/morality. Your argument is way off course, there are legal seasons to hunt certain animals(whether you agree or not). There isn't a season that is set aside for brutalizing dogs.......

Don't want him back, he will never play for the Falcons again, and I don't care what he does with his career. You're time and thought is vested in Vick. No one on this board who doesn't live in a fantasy world cares about him and is fine with him never being a Falcon again. You're here to stir the pot, I would be happy if he is never talked about on this board again outside of, "The Atlanta Falcons release former QB Michael Vick".

If you didnt care one way or another why bother posting. That is not logical. LOL anyway michael vick is STILL a falcon, and while I may be in the minority in there particular views on this message board, people do care, both footbal fans and non fans alike. This is not to stir the pott but to share my view point just like EVERYONE else does when they make a new post or reply to one. For ME, this is not just about mike vick, but mike vick is the example because he is in the public eye and people do still idolize him. It would have been just as wrong if joe blow down the street did it, but this board isnt about joe blow, it is about the falcons and football and it DOES relate to what these message boards are about. I guess the falcons owner is just stirring the pot as well by making his public statement on the home page of the falcons website. This topic is relavant and current whether you like it or not. B)

http://www.livevideo.com/video/C0FE250E8EC...g-attacks-.aspx

Are you even a football fan? Just asking, cause most of the people I come across that don't want him playing again don't even watch football Just animal lovers.

I'm good with him playing again just not with the Falcons.

Are you even a football fan? Just asking, cause most of the people I come across that don't want him playing again don't even watch football Just animal lovers.

I'm good with him playing again just not with the Falcons.

I am a football fan. Playing in the NFL is a priviledge that ALOT of people lose for much LESS. VIck had his chance and he blew it. I was a vick fan, and he was exciting to watch. As much as I am a football fan. I am more of a fan for compassion. Its not that I dont think michael vick doesnt deserve a chance at life. But he does NOT deserve one in the NFL. Sorry game over. He blew it. Let him get a second chance bagging groceries or pumping gas. Then he can help society. :lol:

I don't agree with the matadors stabbing the bulls to death, I've been to Spain and taken many Spanish classes and I still find it pretty horrific..... But comparing hunting to what Vick did is a horrible argument to throw out there.... There is a difference. My friends and family all hunt, and to be honest, I don't participate because I don't feel it necessary and I think there are better "sports" to pursue. But what Vick did has nothing to do with hunting. He tortured dogs. Killed, electrocuted, slammed, etc.... The mark of a hunter is getting a clean kill shot. One shot one kill. Whether you agree with hunting or not, it is far more humane than dog fighting. Especially considering that hunting has been legalized in many mountains and parks because deer are starving to death, which is a far worse death than an instantaneous death by bullet.... If you're going to argue, argue the point. Don't compare it to something that is completely irrelevant. Killing an animal cleanly is one thing(hunting)... Torturing and watching a certain species of animal fight until the death is another story, then electrocuting, slamming, and drowning an animal if it loses is a complete lack of compassion and ethics/morality. Your argument is way off course, there are legal seasons to hunt certain animals(whether you agree or not). There isn't a season that is set aside for brutalizing dogs.......

Alcohol and Cigarettes are 2 of the top killers in the world but because YOUR government says its LEGAL its OK right?

I dont buy that argument. Who is controlling the human population? We have millions out there starving because they didnt ask to be brought into the world.

Clean kill? Ive been hunting, and Ive seen several deer struggle and ramble off 50 yards before they drop. I bet that was peaceful.

Your argument is flawed. Vick went to jail for supporting a dog fighting ring across state lines. It you wanna talk what he did personally it was never a fact that he did anything to the dogs.

I am a football fan. Playing in the NFL is a priviledge that ALOT of people lose for much LESS. VIck had his chance and he blew it. I was a vick fan, and he was exciting to watch. As much as I am a football fan. I am more of a fan for compassion. Its not that I dont think michael vick doesnt deserve a chance at life. But he does NOT deserve one in the NFL. Sorry game over. He blew it. Let him get a second chance bagging groceries or pumping gas. Then he can help society. :lol:

Stallworth, R. Lewis, and J. Lewis got 2nd chances but Vick shouldnt because his name is so polarizing? or do you have a better reason?

We are a nation of 2nd chances, Vick deserves 1 simple and plain.

A lot of people do more and dont lose the privilege. What do you say to that?

Stallworth, R. Lewis, and J. Lewis got 2nd chances but Vick shouldnt because his name is so polarizing? or do you have a better reason?

We are a nation of 2nd chances, Vick deserves 1 simple and plain.

A lot of people do more and dont lose the privilege. What do you say to that?

The people that you mention did NOT come close to what Michael Vick did and are poor examples. The cruelty to be has with the training alone is beyond reason let alone with cases of such trained dogs who manage to break free and hurt and kill both people and other animals that cross thier path. It has nothing to do with the Vick name. This is a red herring. Vick makes alot of money because he is in the spot light and will get alot of heat ALSO because of that spotlight. However, spotlight or not, this the worst any professional football player has been caught doing. And why are you acting like this is mere speculation without and proof. They have evidence, eye witness testimonny AND THE ADMITTANCE OF MICHAEL VICK himself. He did it. Case closed. For you comment that people did more, I am assuming harm, than Michael Vick did... NFL football players, I would like you to name one, and why the activity that they participated in was worse that what vick did. I think YOU were the one polorizing. If michael vick wasnt the athelete that he is and they thrown him in jail, you could care less about him. He would just be another jerk who got caught abusing animals.

I care about Ooke about as much as I care about your judgemental attitude and your giant stire the pot Ookie thread.

I'll drink to that one. :lol:

I'll drink to that one. :lol:

I care about your apathy as much as I care about your lack of education and your alcohol addiction as a crutch to forget lifes worries. You dont care about olkee or my 'judgement' but you care enough to post a comment... LOL I can see the alcohol has effected your logic. The other guy whom you quoted is just as logical without the beer. Why do people comment about things they DONT care about. I doubt you think before you speak, never the less, think before you post. LOL HAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol:

Jeez lay off. Vick deserved every bit of the punishment he got for his crime and now he's paid it. If you wanna hate him fine but quit your high and mighty sactomonoius ********. I think Vick desrves a chance to redeem himself and its nor up to you to say he can't.

LOL HAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol:

How lonley do you feel right now?

Enough to post your your own HAHAHAHHA?

Its okay we know you feel lonely so you created an account just to debate on wether Vick should be allowed to play professional sports again and you've made some pretty fair points but don't pull the personal attack bullshlt or you'll be driven off this board so fast your head will spin. I Don't mind I love sliging it out with Trolls.