Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaman10

Just Seen On ESPN

70 posts in this topic

Yeah I see what you're saying. But Blank is actually hurting his GM's ability to pull off a trade to receive anything of value for Vick. If I'm on the other side of the bargaining table and you've already stated you will not keep a player under any circumstance I'm going to get him for next to nothing or not at all. He should have atleast pretended that he still wanted Vick IMO...At this point he has no choice but to keep him or cut him..

Well he's getting 6-7 mill FROM VICK....sooo...it's worth waiting on. Other teams are not entertaining the thought of Vick until he's reinstated.

I see what you're saying, but if he did allow Vick back on the team that would make him a bigger liar than Vick.

Plus, it would undermine his franchise something fierce. Blank has an up-and-coming superstar QB that won OROTY. He's a smart guy, why mess that up?

Yeah I agree with that. Seeing Vick walk into the lockeroom with 50 camera crews surrounding him would be a distraction and screw with Matty's psyche...Then the first time he has a 3 int game you know what the cat calls are gonna be.. I just think that if Matty has a season ending injury, or overdoses on heroin in the off season having Vick on the roster as that emergency QB in the glass isn't the worst option.

They are saying it is a smart move on for the Falcons to KEEP Vick and train him and play him a little for the first part of the season (preseason-week 4) to show people he still has it. They said we have plenty of CAP to keep him because he only gets 7 million this year. I am on the fence about this <_< How do you guys feel about this?

I'm guessing that fence is one of these:

Ornamental_Cast_Iron_Fence_Finial_Spear__Ironwork_Supply_5.jpg.jpg

And you are sitting on it in an extremely uncomfortable manner.

Just because ESPN reports it, does not make it plausible. Time to move FORWARD.

No, you failed to read that and comprehend it which is why I posted it twice. BLANK SAID HE DOESN'T WANT VICK TO PLAY HERE AGAIN. I'm not afraid of anything, but I'm also not the one in denial throwing out wet dreams of what if's.

More ad hominems. You seem upset....

They are saying it is a smart move on for the Falcons to KEEP Vick and train him and play him a little for the first part of the season (preseason-week 4) to show people he still has it. They said we have plenty of CAP to keep him because he only gets 7 million this year. I am on the fence about this <_< How do you guys feel about this?

I know you're getting a hard on speculating that way...but seriously what part of " Michael will never play in Atlanta again" is it you don't understand?

Seriously...entlighten me!

Allow me to be clear :D YOUR NOT THE ONE WHO MAKES THE DECISION! It's actually kinda an ideal situation....vick plays some of preseason shows that 32 starting QB's are not better then him!! Then he out and is not the falcons problem no more.

-Moderator is ********!

Wel this is the guy who signs the paychecks for anyone working with the Falcons franchise and he said.

As he said on Monday night, "I'm the biggest supporter of Michael you're going to find."

And then Blank said what he hopes is the final word on Michael Vick and the Atlanta Falcons. Words that still echo in the Georgia Dome, the site where Vick redefined what it meant to be a mobile quarterback.

Words that Blank hopes are heard all around the city, a city that once cheered their hearts out for Vick, but has since moved on to a new quarterback and a new brand of Falcons football.

Words that he hopes a nation of football fans that once believed the franchise would reap what it sowed will hear.

"Having said that," the Atlanta Falcons owner said, "Michael Vick will not play for the Atlanta Falcons."

LINK

If Matty got hurt I'd rather rely on one of the backups.

1) Vick is no longer anywhere close to worth his contract. Even if we wanted him (which we don't) we certainly don't want him at that contract so we would still have to release him to resign him.

2) There is ZERO evidence that he has rehabilitated. You need to take off the talent covered glasses and realize that this man was in trouble throughout his NFL career. All of the crap he is doing right now is a dog and pony show to get reinstated. There is also zero evidence that he is smart enough to learn from his mistakes. When the real vick emerges he may be a changed man or he may get right back into trouble again. We can't risk that.

3) What makes you think he wants to play here? We sued him which certainly did not help his financial situation and this is where he got into all that trouble. Even if this were the only place that would take him we'd be hiring a already disgruntled employee. How stupid is that?

It is over. Get used to it.

I don't think this fits now that this has to be logical. :D

Allow me to be clear:

Michael Vick will NEVER play for the Falcons again.

Thanks for your time.

Moderator!!!, that is fine, let me be clear, can you show your hate anymore that you do!

Moderator!!!, that is fine, let me be clear, can you show your hate anymore that you do!

stop questioning things, this is a communist forum

Allow me to be clear:

Michael Vick will NEVER play for the Falcons again.

Thanks for your time.

Case closed...

What? And shouldn't you have a question mark at the end there?

....wow.

Before you're banned for having to resort to name-calling to make your point, I should remind you that our owner has just gone on the record saying Vick will never play for the Falcons again.

So yes, you're right. I don't make the decisions. Arthur Blank does.

I know he did, and he's done it before now, and I think it's incredibly short sighted.

Why would anyone trade for a player that the owner has gone on record as saying. " Such and such player will NEVER play for our organization again."

All that does is make TD's job harder in trying to get compensation for him. In spite of Vick's stupidity his athletic ability will get him another chance.

This is one of Arthurs problems ..... I know you own the team but just sit back shut up and let professionals run it. We saw what happens with owners "the Smiths" that try to stick there fingers into the operation to much.

Arthur made incredibles hires for GM and HC, now sit back in the shadows and let them win you some trophies, and keep your mouth SHUT about personell decisions.

Vick thinks it's foolish for him to be playing in preseason. This is why he refused to return until he got ready (and using the 100% thing as an excuse).

I know he did, and he's done it before now, and I think it's incredibly short sighted.

Why would anyone trade for a player that the owner has gone on record as saying. " Such and such player will NEVER play for our organization again."

All that does is make TD's job harder in trying to get compensation for him. In spite of Vick's stupidity his athletic ability will get him another chance.

This is one of Arthurs problems ..... I know you own the team but just sit back shut up and let professionals run it. We saw what happens with owners "the Smiths" that try to stick there fingers into the operation to much.

Arthur made incredibles hires for GM and HC, now sit back in the shadows and let them win you some trophies, and keep your mouth SHUT about personell decisions.

I don't think you understand here. There is no GM or team president in the NFL that has ever thought VIck would ever don the Falcon jersey once we drafted Ryan.

Blank isn't hindering a thing here. He's simply stating the obvious for those delusional fans that are having wet dreams about Vick being a Falcon again. Remember, Vick's been on the block (the trading block, not the cell block) for some time now. No team is calling partly because they all know we are going to cut him once he is reinstated.

Again, Blank stating this publicly isn't in any way preventing Dimitroff from doing his job. Everyone with any fragment of common sense already knows Vick will never again be a Falcon.

I just laugh at post like this. Long before ABlank made it public that there was no way in

**** Vick would ever return in a Falcons uniform I was trying to explain to folks that Vick

screwed ABlank up, down, sideways, and personally lied to him many many many times.

Think of it like this. If you owned a plumbing company and you found out that your superstar

plumber was screwing your wife and your girlfriend. So, you call him in to discuss it. All

3 (your superstar, your wife, AND your honey) deny it, all the while this guys . . . DNA

is running down the legs of both women. What are the odds that you're going to hire this

guy again?

Just a thought....

IF Vick were to cut Uncle Arthur a $40 Million dollar check (that didnt bounce) today, there

is NO WAY that MV comes back to Atlanta. Arthur is being very savy and tactful.