Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaman10

Just Seen On ESPN

70 posts in this topic

They are saying it is a smart move on for the Falcons to KEEP Vick and train him and play him a little for the first part of the season (preseason-week 4) to show people he still has it. They said we have plenty of CAP to keep him because he only gets 7 million this year. I am on the fence about this <_< How do you guys feel about this?

Why would the Falcons allow a distraction like Vick to slow the "Process". This team is building a new legacy, and allowing Vick to attend camp would only slow the process and tarnish it as well. The team needs as much time as possible to acclimate new players, to further improve players that were here last year and to get ready for the season. There is no time to showcase MV, there is no need for the media circus, and you can't take reps away from Ryan to accomodate Vick He will be released, because the team has moved on.

If Matty blows out his ACL the first day of training camp and Vick hasn't been released or traded yet Blank would be a fool not to consider letting him play out his deal. The only negative would be if he throws for 20 tds, 3000 and rushes for 800 plus. Then he'll have a controversy on his hands... I think at this point Blank's biggest fear is that if he lets Vick on the field he might really play well.

STATEMENT FROM ATLANTA FALCONS OWNER & CEO ARTHUR BLANK REGARDING MICHAEL VICK’S RELEASE FROM FEDERAL PRISON

“As Michael nears the completion of his sentence, I wish the best for him and his family. It is my sincere hope that he has learned from his mistakes and will move forward in a productive and positive manner.”

“The Falcons maintain Michael’s contractual rights for now, but he will not be playing for us in the future. In the event NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell decides to reinstate Michael to the NFL, we feel his best opportunity to re-engage his football career would be at another club.”

“From a personal standpoint; I will continue to be supportive of Michael in any way that would be positive, constructive and helpful.”

If Matty blows out his ACL the first day of training camp and Vick hasn't been released or traded yet Blank would be a fool not to consider letting him play out his deal. The only negative would be if he throws for 20 tds, 3000 and rushes for 800 plus. Then he'll have a controversy on his hands... I think at this point Blank's biggest fear is that if he lets Vick on the field he might really play well.

Doubt it. He has never put up 3000 yards but after being out of the NFL for two years he is suppose too?

They are saying it is a smart move on for the Falcons to KEEP Vick and train him and play him a little for the first part of the season (preseason-week 4) to show people he still has it. They said we have plenty of CAP to keep him because he only gets 7 million this year. I am on the fence about this <_< How do you guys feel about this?

Blank has said "NO" and I believe him....

Logic, please tell me you're kidding.

That is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.

Doubt it. He has never put up 3000 yards but after being out of the NFL for two years he is suppose too?

Yeah true enough it's a stretch. But my point is Vick doing well in a Falcons uniform would be a nightmare for Blank.. So chances are I feel that he'll cut bait with him...

Allow me to be clear :D YOUR NOT THE ONE WHO MAKES THE DECISION! It's actually kinda an ideal situation....vick plays some of preseason shows that 32 starting QB's are not better then him!! Then he out and is not the falcons problem no more.

-Moderator is retarded!

That might be the funniest thing I ever read here.

Vick is not playing for the Falcons again.

And that's the bottom line, because MODERATOR SAID SO!!!!!!!!

That might be the funniest thing I ever read here.

Vick is not playing for the Falcons again.

And that's the bottom line, because MODERATOR SAID SO!!!!!!!!

make it to the 2nd page, you'll be even more amused.

Logic, please tell me you're kidding.

I realize that there is a 99% chance that Vick will never play here again. I'm making my case against the kool-aid drinkers that think just because Blank said it's 100 the conversation is over. Politicians, and CEO's go back on their word everyday when the facts on the ground change. What makes Blank different. (besides "because the moderator said so)?

You might want to look at the front page of Atlantafalcons.com. And it would be a disaster of epic proportions.

I realize that there is a 100% chance that Vick will never play here again. I'm making my case against the kool-aid drinkers that think just because Blank said it's 100 the conversation is over. Politicians, and CEO's go back on their word everyday when the facts on the ground change. What makes Blank different. (besides "because the moderator said so)?

Fixed. End of the thread.

STATEMENT FROM ATLANTA FALCONS OWNER & CEO ARTHUR BLANK REGARDING MICHAEL VICK’S RELEASE FROM FEDERAL PRISON

“As Michael nears the completion of his sentence, I wish the best for him and his family. It is my sincere hope that he has learned from his mistakes and will move forward in a productive and positive manner.”

“The Falcons maintain Michael’s contractual rights for now, but he will not be playing for us in the future. In the event NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell decides to reinstate Michael to the NFL, we feel his best opportunity to re-engage his football career would be at another club.”

“From a personal standpoint; I will continue to be supportive of Michael in any way that would be positive, constructive and helpful.”

Allow me to be clear:

Michael Vick will NEVER play for the Falcons again.

Thanks for your time.

Right on!

I realize that there is a 99% chance that Vick will never play here again. I'm making my case against the kool-aid drinkers that think just because Blank said it's 100 the conversation is over. Politicians, and CEO's go back on their word everyday when the facts on the ground change. What makes Blank different. (besides "because the moderator said so)?

If Blank did, I'd be "super" surprised and happy, but in no way, do I see this happening. Blank would have to answer to his children...I just don't see it happening....Vick on the active roster at the beginning of training camp? :mellow:

Fixed. End of the thread.

You've posted this before, I can read.. We get it, you don't want Vick to ever put on a Falcons uniform again... It's just a conversation about "what if's"..What are you so afraid of?

I see what you're saying, but if he did allow Vick back on the team that would make him a bigger liar than Vick.

Plus, it would undermine his franchise something fierce. Blank has an up-and-coming superstar QB that won OROTY. He's a smart guy, why mess that up?

Because he has not done it does not mean it cannot be done. It requires a decent supporting cast which he has never had either. Not saying that I want him here just clearing things up form the "twisted generation".

- twisted generation- people that takes one small tidbit and twist and turn facts and statements until it fits their argument good or bad.

Allow me to be clear:

Michael Vick will NEVER play for the Falcons again.

Thanks for your time.

And there it is.. Thank you Mr. Moderator Sir.

If Blank did, I'd be "super" surprised and happy, but in no way, do I see this happening. Blank would have to answer to his children...I just don't see it happening....Vick on the active roster at the beginning of training camp? :mellow:

Yeah I see what you're saying. But Blank is actually hurting his GM's ability to pull off a trade to receive anything of value for Vick. If I'm on the other side of the bargaining table and you've already stated you will not keep a player under any circumstance I'm going to get him for next to nothing or not at all. He should have atleast pretended that he still wanted Vick IMO...At this point he has no choice but to keep him or cut him..

You've posted this before, I can read.. We get it, you don't want Vick to ever put on a Falcons uniform again... It's just a conversation about "what if's"..What are you so afraid of?

No, you failed to read that and comprehend it which is why I posted it twice. BLANK SAID HE DOESN'T WANT VICK TO PLAY HERE AGAIN. I'm not afraid of anything, but I'm also not the one in denial throwing out wet dreams of what if's.

Yeah I see what you're saying. But Blank is actually hurting his GM's ability to pull off a trade to receive anything of value for Vick. If I'm on the other side of the bargaining table and you've already stated you will not keep a player under any circumstance I'm going to get him for next to nothing or not at all. He should have atleast pretended that he still wanted Vick IMO...At this point he has no choice but to keep him or cut him..

I think Mr Blank is willing to cut his loses on this one.

I think Mr Blank is willing to cut his loses on this one.

At least Blank is more logical than some of our esteemed fellow board members. :lol: