Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollow lawson

NFLNetwork Roundtable (Sanders, Sapp, Faulk, Dukes)

124 posts in this topic

Faulk: should be allowed to play football.

Dukes: shocked at all the hate against Mike.

Sanders: fightin dogs is a normalcy in african american community

Sanders: can't love an animal like a human

Sapp: attack on him was a little too harsh, with all the stuff going on in this country

Dukes: guy has lost millions over this episode; more than paid for the crime

Sanders: Leonard Little killed a person and where was the outrage?

Dukes: Many critics were hypocrites.

Good stuff. I agree with 99.9% of it.

I have a big issue with that statement. What difference does that make? It's still wrong.

I don't dispute any of that, but that's just the celebrity-worshipping, celebrity-destroying culture we live in....

Case in point right now:

Both Farrah Fawcett and Patrick Swayze are fighting certain terminal cancers right now and probably don't have long left to live. TV specials, incessant coverage on both of them, but there are thousands and thousands of other people valiantly fighting the same disease every day, some I'm sure who have probably contributed more to this world and their community than either of these two celebrities did.

Not a slam against Fawcett or Swayze, just a comment on what being a celebrity can buy or take away from you.

Great point Gritz.

That's the only statement I have a problem with. I simply don't believe that's true.

It seems overly simplistic and an insult against the African-American community..........

Well Deon is exactly known for his intelligence

he meant that the african-american community as a whole could really care less about dogfighting. Not that black people go to dog fights like little league baseball games. I don't care for dogfighting and wouldn't go to a fight myself, but if somebody did, that's there business, but just be ready to deal with the repercussions. People in the african american community have other stuff more pressing to worry about, like payin bills,holding on to a job, raising their kids, and eating.

Great point, most of us have way more important things to worry about than what other people are doing with their property. Is dogfighting wrong? Heck yeah, do I find it disgusting? You bet, then again I find deer hunting and bird shooting just as disgusting but nobody talks about that.

Fair point...

However, there was a dog fighting ring broken up here in Jersey 2 weeks ago...where was PETA? And ESPN? And the AJC? Kelly Naqi?

I from Camden, so trust me I know all about it dog fighting. Heck they also have a BIG problem with c0ck fighting in Jersey too. But nobody talks about that either.

Vick will be focused. Remember that he will have tons of down time and constant scrutiny. He will dig deep and really study because it may be his only escape from the media and protesters. He was actually doing that in camp right before he was suspended.

He was not focused the short time he waqs in camp before he was told to leave. He was still in the media circus he was just trying to be clever. He has never been focused. He has never been a team first player, a student of the game, or shown the ability to put anything before himself. I hope he can, but to come here and say he will like it's a fact is contrary to everything he has done so far.

He was not focused the short time he waqs in camp before he was told to leave. He was still in the media circus he was just trying to be clever. He has never been focused. He has never been a team first player, a student of the game, or shown the ability to put anything before himself. I hope he can, but to come here and say he will like it's a fact is contrary to everything he has done so far.

If I remember correctly he never even made it to training camp because the day before training camp he was told to stay away. Plus I seem to remember Hue Jackson and Petrino both saying that Vick was focused and doing all the right things in the OTA's and minicamps leading up to then. You may want to stick to the facts, heck if you want to make Vick look bad just choose from one of the many things he has done wrong instead of making stuff up.

but why do we have to say they are lower then humans.... what does that have to do with anything?

it's as if people say they are lower then humans as a way to make it somewhat ok what happened.

**This is just an observation based off of the theme from this post, it is not intended to be racist, it's not intended to mock anyone here.. it's just an observation based on historical fact. **

Something that will upset many here is that black people were considered to be sub-human only few centuries ago. They were hung, shot, whipped and killed for "not performing" or "disobeying"... and then dog fighting is popular within that very culture in which they do the same thing to another living being...seems really strange.

PETA sucks but I do frequently contribute to the NRA.........and I sure as **** don't make any apologies for that......... :D

Fixed!

Now white guys are giving perspective about the African - American community - :lol::lol::lol: ......How about this one - Dogfighting and Cockfighting is more prevalent in the white communities than the black communities. - Do your homework.

Now white guys are giving perspective about the African - American community - :lol::lol::lol: ......How about this one - Dogfighting and Cockfighting is more prevalent in the white communities than the black communities. - Do your homework.

You're cute:

troll.jpg

..but put some clothes on please.

**This is just an observation based off of the theme from this post, it is not intended to be racist, it's not intended to mock anyone here.. it's just an observation based on historical fact. **

Something that will upset many here is that black people were considered to be sub-human only few centuries ago. They were hung, shot, whipped and killed for "not performing" or "disobeying"... and then dog fighting is popular within that very culture in which they do the same thing to another living being...seems really strange.

It is not upsetting, but you should get your facts straight. Dog fighting originated in the UK and is very prevalent in white southeastern rural communities. It is kept hush-hush, however there was an HBO documentary several years ago. It is not tied to one culture. The mainstream media perpetuates this as an urban African American hip hop pasttime, and will not reveal much about others. Many before Michael Vick could have gone to Federal prison, it didn't happen and doubt that many after him will.

It is not upsetting, but you should get your facts straight. Dog fighting originated in the UK and is very prevalent in white southeastern rural communities. It is kept hush-hush, however there was an HBO documentary several years ago. It is not tied to one culture. The mainstream media perpetuates this as an urban African American hip hop pasttime, and will not reveal much about others. Many before Michael Vick could have gone to Federal prison, it didn't happen and doubt that many after him will.

It was on Real Sports. The clips are up on youtube.

I understand the origins and the history of dog fighting but it is popular in the black community, one that suffered a similar fate as the dogs not long ago at the hands of slave owners. Based on comments made by Sanders, Portis, LT and others it's clear that there is a degree of popularity to the activity. So to say I need to get my facts straight is wrong. I was merely pointing out that it's strange that it's popular in a culture that was treated in the same manner and that the same sentiments seems to be thrown around about dogs being sub-human that were used to describe blacks/slaves less than 200 years ago. It's perplexing that a culture in the United States that know the horrors of being treated sub-human would have some within that same community that find enjoyment out of treating another living being the same way. It's also not the mainstream media's fault alone for perpetuating a pass time when there are videos by guys like DMX and others promoting the sport. You can't blame the media 100% when there are not other cultures blatantly promoting the activity through easily consumed forms of media. (or at least in the pure numbers that there are in the black community)

By the way I said it might be upsetting to some, because clearly Elmira got worked up over the statement/post, which is where I was headed with that preface.

I understand the origins and the history of dog fighting but it is popular in the black community, one that suffered a similar fate as the dogs not long ago at the hands of slave owners. Based on comments made by Sanders, Portis, LT and others it's clear that there is a degree of popularity to the activity. So to say I need to get my facts straight is wrong. I was merely pointing out that it's strange that it's popular in a culture that was treated in the same manner and that the same sentiments seems to be thrown around about dogs being sub-human that were used to describe blacks/slaves less than 200 years ago. It's perplexing that a culture in the United States that know the horrors of being treated sub-human would have some within that same community that find enjoyment out of treating another living being the same way. It's also not the mainstream media's fault alone for perpetuating a pass time when there are videos by guys like DMX and others promoting the sport. You can't blame the media 100% when there are not other cultures blatantly promoting the activity through easily consumed forms of media. (or at least in the pure numbers that there are in the black community)

By the way I said it might be upsetting to some, because clearly Elmira got worked up over the statement/post, which is where I was headed with that preface.

Dogs are animals and they are sub human that what makes them animals. Their life has value but they are still not humans. Blacks are humans and were treated like dogs. This is almost like PETA saying the plight of animals was similiar to blacks and jews when they dressed up in their Ku Klux Klan attire in protest. Or try to equate animal cruelty with the Holocaust.

Dogs are animals and they are sub human that what makes them animals. Their life has value but they are still not humans. Blacks are humans and were treated like dogs. This is almost like PETA saying the plight of animals was similiar to blacks and jews when they dressed up in their Ku Klux Klan attire in protest. Or try to equate animal cruelty with the Holocaust.

I'm glad you responded the way you did...clearly aerosmith does not know how completely offensive his comment was.

That's why I responded A67 the way I did - You just don't get it. It's nothing you can say that will 'work me up.' But it's was apparent that I knew your race, which should tell you something about your post - clearly subjective.

BTW - Where was PETA when those cute pooches were tearing limbs from Civil Rights workers?

That's why I responded A67 the way I did - You just don't get it. It's nothing you can say that will 'work me up.' But it's was apparent that I knew your race, which should tell you something about your post - clearly subjective.

BTW - Where was PETA when those cute pooches were tearing limbs from Civil Rights workers?

Wasnt those cute pooches TRAINED BY HUMANS to attack other humans.. Cute pooches dont just attack for no reason. In this case they were bred to attack. So I will ask you, why arent you pissed at THE HUMANS for training those cute pooches to attack the civil rights workers? Where were you when humans train dogs to attack other humans?

Fixed!

You still can't make a cogent argument about anything?

Sad really............. :lol:

Troll.

You can still make a cogent argument about anything!

You are the best, really.............

Thank you ButtBlitzer! How's your boyfriend?

:lol::lol::lol:

Wasnt those cute pooches TRAINED BY HUMANS to attack other humans.. Cute pooches dont just attack for no reason. In this case they were bred to attack. So I will ask you, why arent you pissed at THE HUMANS for training those cute pooches to attack the civil rights workers? Where were you when humans train dogs to attack other humans?

Oh really....Well I am pissed, but because of the double standards across the country, there was very little support in asking for $1M restitution to rehabilitate the dogs and have the owners/trainers serve a 23 month jail term for animal cruelty. Oh wait, it was LAW ENFORCEMENT that was training the dogs to attack HUMANS.

I'm sure with your help, WE can re-open those cases, or are you too busy pissin in MV7s water? Let's see, call PETA and start organizing! I'm sure restitution should be given to the descendants of those civil rights workers.

Petition for Restitution

- Double E

- Aria 7

Thank you ButtBlitzer! How's your boyfriend?

:lol::lol::lol:

You just don't have anything left in the tank anymore huh?

Time to quit DIARRHEA EXPRESS...........

Oh, and go **** yourself...... :lol::D :D

elmira2.jpg

Here ya go DIARRHEA EXPRESS.....It's been a while......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh really....Well I am pissed, but because of the double standards across the country, there was very little support in asking for $1M restitution to rehabilitate the dogs and have the owners/trainers serve a 23 month jail term for animal cruelty. Oh wait, it was LAW ENFORCEMENT that was training the dogs to attack HUMANS.

I'm sure with your help, WE can re-open those cases, or are you too busy pissin in MV7s water? Let's see, call PETA and start organizing! I'm sure restitution should be given to the descendants of those civil rights workers.

Petition for Restitution

- Double E

- Aria 7

don't hold your breath!