Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollow lawson

NFLNetwork Roundtable (Sanders, Sapp, Faulk, Dukes)

124 posts in this topic

What time? I gotta see this...I know Dukes will have something dumb to say on this subject.

lol, Between Dukes and Sanders, somehow this whole situation will end up being the Falcons fault. :wacko:

just need to get ol Ray in on that disscussion and we can complete the former Falcon's haterz club.

What time? I gotta see this...I know Dukes will have something dumb to say on this subject.

Soon I hope, because my wife has summoned me to eat dinner, lol. I really pay attention to Deion and especially Marshall Faulk. They both tell it like it is. They care nothing about towing the "company line", a la Terrell Davis.

Not a bad segment. I am ready to see the rest of it...

they made good points and I really think the majority of people are supporting him. I wonder if anyone will get an interview any time soon with him?

Faulk: should be allowed to play football.

Dukes: shocked at all the hate against Mike.

Sanders: fightin dogs is a normalcy in african american community

Sanders: can't love an animal like a human

Sapp: attack on him was a little too harsh, with all the stuff going on in this country

Dukes: guy has lost millions over this episode; more than paid for the crime

Sanders: Leonard Little killed a person and where was the outrage?

Dukes: Many critics were hypocrites.

Good stuff. I agree with 99.9% of it.

****, they were making too much sense. Every last one of them were right on point. It's funny how others in the sports media want to see the dude continue to suffer. Goodell should re-instate him off the rip and let everything play itself out.

****, they were making too much sense. Every last one of them were right on point. It's funny how others in the sports media want to see the dude continue to suffer. Goodell should re-instate him off the rip and let everything play itself out.

most people I see seem to agree that he has done his time. He screwed up but not many people don't think he deserves another shot somewhere. Personally I am over the hate by now, and I am really pulling for the guy.

I was surprised by deion for some reason. usually I get sick of him so fast because of something dumb he will say/ but this time he was pretty much right on.

Faulk: should be allowed to play football.

Dukes: shocked at all the hate against Mike.

Sapp: attack on him was a little too harsh, with all the stuff going on in this country

Dukes: guy has lost millions over this episode; more than paid for the crime

Sanders: Leonard Little killed a person and where was the outrage?

Dukes: Many critics were hypocrites.

That's the only statement I have a problem with. I simply don't believe that's true.

It seems overly simplistic and an insult against the African-American community..........

adam schein for one on Sirius was making me sick today. Said that Goodell should suspend him for a year. What good would that do for anyone, really? I believe they say a lot of ish out of spite and pure hate.

Mark Schlerath and Herm Edwards...on ESPN2...just brought up the best argument...

Vick will be a starting QB in the NFL "Are their 32 better QBs in the NFL? NO!"

That's the only statement I have a problem with. I simply don't believe that's true.

It seems overly simplistic and an insult against the African-American community..........

Where you from?

I agree with most of what was said, but I have to take issue with those two statements.

First, I grew up in the "African-American community", and I never even HEARD of dog-fighting when I was growing up.

(Since then I have learned that it was a fine ol' British tradition that was imported here)

Second, you don't have to love an animal like a human to respect it's life.

Ah, you beat me to it, Gritz!

most people I see seem to agree that he has done his time. He screwed up but not many people don't think he deserves another shot somewhere. Personally I am over the hate by now, and I am really pulling for the guy.

I was surprised by deion for some reason. usually I get sick of him so fast because of something dumb he will say/ but this time he was pretty much right on.

I feel the same way...

I was just as angry about what Vick did as the next rational thinking person, but it was soooooo obvious that the venom being aimed at Vick was for something much deeper than fighting dogs and the surrounding repercussions and I have yet to figure out what it is.....its still painfully obvious even today these people have serious perspective issues...

They make me hope that the guy gets his act together and redeems himself to a position even higher than the one he fell off of...

The other part of the equation is that the media: ESPN, NFL Network, Fox Sports, etc...all these media outlets went out of their way to drive this story into the mind and thoughts of the American public that the ramifications of the act got to be even heavier under the weight of public prosecution and scrutiny...

Now their trying to jam down our throats that's he's paid the price for his actions and should have an opportunity for redemption...

If the powers that be would've been more responsible in their reporting then it wouldn't have to come to this...

he meant that the african-american community as a whole could really care less about dogfighting. Not that black people go to dog fights like little league baseball games. I don't care for dogfighting and wouldn't go to a fight myself, but if somebody did, that's there business, but just be ready to deal with the repercussions. People in the african american community have other stuff more pressing to worry about, like payin bills,holding on to a job, raising their kids, and eating.

Not at all...

He even said during the segment that he doesn't agree with the sentiment, but that it is the truth...

I happen to agree with him...

At the time this Vick stuff broke I knew areas around me where people were fighting dogs regularly....

The other reason I don't take it as an insult is because most people in these communities don't place their dogs on some superficial pedestal....

They're pets and their loved, but the fact remains that they are dogs and are beneath humans in the animal world's chain of command...

Simply put it's easier to comprehend when you realize that some people don't equate dogs to human beings, although they should be respected as much as every other living creature...

Not at all...

He even said during the segment that he doesn't agree with the sentiment, but that it is the truth...

I happen to agree with him...

At the time this Vick stuff broke I knew areas around me where people were fighting dogs regularly....

The other reason I don't take it as an insult is because most people in these communities don't place their dogs on some superficial pedestal....

They're pets and their loved, but the fact remains that they are dogs and are beneath humans in the animal world's chain of command...

Simply put it's easier to comprehend when you realize that some people don't equate dogs to human beings, although they should be respected as much as every other living creature...

co-sign like a mutha!!!!

maybe i'm not understanding this... but are you guys saying that since dogs aren't humans then it is ok to body slam them until they die, electrocute and drown them?

maybe i'm not understanding this... but are you guys saying that since dogs aren't humans then it is ok to body slam them until they die, electrocute and drown them?

I guess you didn't read the part where I said that they should be respected like any other living being....

I guess you didn't read the part where I said that they should be respected like any other living being....

but why do we have to say they are lower then humans.... what does that have to do with anything?

it's as if people say they are lower then humans as a way to make it somewhat ok what happened.

but why do we have to say they are lower then humans.... what does that have to do with anything?

It was about making the fact known that vick was punished so severely for dogfighting, whereas Leonard Little was driving drunk and killed a man and is still playing.

Is it worse than killing a woman while driving drunk and nobody caring about the victim. Why wasn't there the same outrage over Leonard Little's act? Why did he not serve time in prison for killing a person? Why was he allowed to play football? Was he suspended for a year on top of a 2 1/2 year prison sentence? Did people protest Rams training camp because Little was allowed to play? Were was all of the negative press from ESPN over this? But all this media attention over dogs and not a human being? Kinda hypocritical don't ya think? Educate yourself before commenting. Thanks.