Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heretic

Vick will be back in the NFL

if Vick will be back in the league, who would you like as the starting Qb?   260 members have voted

1. 1. With Vick back in NFL, who would you pick as the Falcons Qb?

• Matt Ryan
    • Michael Vick

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

116 posts in this topic

This poll has no purpose but to inflame emotions again. Let's face reality.

1. Michael Vick was an exciting, talented, athlete who was fun to watch and brought an amazing era to the Falcons.

2. He made bad choices in life which caused all of the above to come to a tragic close.

3. He has served his debt to society and if he is ready to change his life, he deserves the chance.

4. Those of us who were enthralled with him will always feel a sadness that he will no longer be in Falcon uniform.

5. Those of us based in reality understand why he will no longer be in Falcon uniform.

6. Those of us who have accepted that Michael will never be a Falcon again have embraced the new era.

7. Those of us who lived through 2007 as a fan and then 2008 as a fan understand that we are looking at an amazing team moving up

8. Those of us who still believe Michael Vick is an amazing athlete and exciting to watch will probably watch him at his new team and feel a twinge of sadness and pain for what might have been - but will never be because of number 2. above.

9. Those of us who are Falcon fans and view the facts not the hype would never wish luck upon Michael AGAINST the Falcons and feel the Falcons were victims not villains in this whole ordeal.

That's it in a nutshell. He will not be a Falcon again. Other than stirring up emotions and controversy and dealing pain to fans who have had enough of it over the past several years, what good does this type of poll do?

This poll has no purpose but to inflame emotions again. Let's face reality.

1. Michael Vick was an exciting, talented, athlete who was fun to watch and brought an amazing era to the Falcons.

2. He made bad choices in life which caused all of the above to come to a tragic close.

3. He has served his debt to society and if he is ready to change his life, he deserves the chance.

4. Those of us who were enthralled with him will always feel a sadness that he will no longer be in Falcon uniform.

5. Those of us based in reality understand why he will no longer be in Falcon uniform.

6. Those of us who have accepted that Michael will never be a Falcon again have embraced the new era.

7. Those of us who lived through 2007 as a fan and then 2008 as a fan understand that we are looking at an amazing team moving up

8. Those of us who still believe Michael Vick is an amazing athlete and exciting to watch will probably watch him at his new team and feel a twinge of sadness and pain for what might have been - but will never be because of number 2. above.

9. Those of us who are Falcon fans and view the facts not the hype would never wish luck upon Michael AGAINST the Falcons and feel the Falcons were victims not villains in this whole ordeal.

That's it in a nutshell. He will not be a Falcon again. Other than stirring up emotions and controversy and dealing pain to fans who have had enough of it over the past several years, what good does this type of poll do?

Bravo Tandy I wholeheartedly agree. Shame on the thread starter for inflaming emotions.

He is probably coming back to the league.

Some people here already claim he should be given another chance in Atlanta (they are out of their mind in my opinion).

Just wondering how many Falcons fans around here would like him to come back as the starting Qb of our team despite what HE did, despite what Ryan did.

Honestly I hope no more than 10%, but who knows...

I could actually live with him coming back to Atlanta. I know the front office has said it will never happen, but I could live with it under certain conditions.

1. Vick will NEVER take a snap from center, not even in the "wildcat" formation.

2. Vick will work out at WR (if Vick can't catch, maybe see if he can tackle & play safety) and play a 5th WR/punt returner role for us only.

Vick never had the skill nor the desire to improve his game when playing QB. His work ethic was awful, he's basically got a college freshman's level of footwork, release, and knowledge of defensive schemes, so there is just way too much work to do to try and get him to be an average NFL QB (which would be above his level of QB play before prison). It could be fun to watch Vick catch a short slant or WR screen and see what he could do with it. And on punt/kick returns, people would soon start asking Devin who?

i voted matt ryan without hesitation, but i wonder how well vick could play CB , KR, PR, or 3rd down back/wr for us

that way his exiting runs would help us where it counts (on special teams) and maybe his knowledge of playing QB would lead to being an athletic CB, and if we are going to have to pay him if and when we cut him id just assume make use of that, BUT NEVER to play QB unless all 3 of our current QBs get injured. then next year we can trade or cut him after teams learn he is still in shape and still has the moves in his feet. i just dont want to cut him / get nothing / take a cap hit because of him..

honestly if it had nothing to do with a cap hit id release him

I LIKE MIKE. BUT LIKE AIN'T GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

MATT'S A BETTER QB. ANYBODY THAT KNOWs ANYTHING

ABOUT FOOTBALL, KNOWS THIS. AS FAR AS FOOTBALL

GOES, I DON'T NEED WHO I LIKE. I NEED WHO IS THE BEST. B)

well said

Ummm, we had him, Joey Harrington.

:)

ummm, I was looking at Hoey LIVE when he tried to throw that hail mary for 30 yds and it didn't reach the endzone. I wouldn't say he was "athletic". He also played scared too.

Hey man, relax. Don't you know that, regarding Qbs, it's all about "athletic"?

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Big Ben...

All well under 4.60 on the 40 yards.

Ryan will never be more than a slow cerebral Qb

:lol:

All of the above with the exception of Ryan are athletic. All three have rocket arms, Brady has quick feet, Big Ben escapes many tackles and Payton .. well he's not athletic with his legs but has a perfect arm.

Bravo Tandy I wholeheartedly agree. Shame on the thread starter for inflaming emotions.

Vick is the main news in these days

He is still a Falcon

People wonder where he'll end

I was curious to know how many of his fans still would prefer him

I didn't like we couldn't criticize Vick when he was the starter

I don't like we can't name Vick now

His he some sort of God?

His he some sort of prohibited topic?

Come on

Offseason is long

We have watched 100 times the highlights of our draft picks

Vick is out of the jail

What should we talk about?

If you don't like the poll, just don't click on it, just don't read it and let it go

<_<

All of the above with the exception of Ryan are athletic. All three have rocket arms, Brady has quick feet, Big Ben escapes many tackles and Payton .. well he's not athletic with his legs but has a perfect arm.

Yes, Brady and Peyton both had amazing arms coming out of college. :lol:

You are so delusional it's hilarious.

For the mods:

the polls was serious. It got hundreds of votes.

You moved it to the "anything but logic"

You lose on this one.

-_-

how many of the offensive lineman were here when vick was here??only 1 or 2 i believe. How can a QB get blamed for lineman that didnt want to block, and recievers that didnt catch catchable balls??im not defending vick, im just sayin, dont act like vick was that bad and he was the cause of all the problems and the only reason we didnt succeed.

I tell you what...I won't act like he was that good either. How about that!

Matt Ryan is our quaterback. ...period.

You are really a hater bro. Go back and check the fourth quarter drops and dropped TDs like the one Roddy drop against TB that would have broken the back to back. Or the one he dropped against NO in 2006. Or Lelie's drops, Fins, Price's whateva. Factor all that back in and get back with me. Any way do those stats offset this:

-38-28-1 as a starter on six teams that four other QBs went 9-20 on?

-Top 10 in the league in wins as a starter on six teams that were not very good

-leading a 7-9 team to the second round of the playoffs and winning the first road playoff game ever in Lambeau?

-leading a 2-10 team to a 3-1 finish including two games against division rivals. One who eventually went to the Super Bowl?

-leading a team to an 11-5 record and eventually to the franchise's second only NFCCG?

-doing enough on the 2005 and 2006 mediocre teams to go at least 10-6 or 11-5?

-last QB in 2002 without a pick?

-16,000 yards and 90 TDs?

-still Top 5 in several all time Falcon passing stats?

-one of the best rushing QBs in the history of the league?

-getting selected to three Pro Bowls by coaches and players?

-selling out six Domes and bringing in major merchandizing revenues for Blank?

-getting Blank's team national recognition, including several prime time games with associated revenues?

-keeping defensive coordinators up all night?

Hail no. Nata.

What the **** are you talking about? We were 9-6-1