Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heretic

Vick will be back in the NFL

if Vick will be back in the league, who would you like as the starting Qb?   260 members have voted

1. 1. With Vick back in NFL, who would you pick as the Falcons Qb?

• Matt Ryan
    • Michael Vick

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

116 posts in this topic

You are being absurd, You should at least take it that I don't kill puppies and dogs nor do I enjoy electrocuting, drowning or slaming anything to it's death.

What does it matter if it's a puppy, dog, or cow? Or pigs?

Would you still eat animals if they were electrocuted, drowned, etc.?

What does it matter if it's a puppy, dog, or cow? Or pigs?

Would you still eat animals if they were electrocuted, drowned, etc.?

Only if it is baked now, on a diet, but I love me some fried chicken :D

You forgot some numbers:

- 3-26-1 his record when trailing at the end of the 3rd quarter

- no TD passes in the 4th quarter in the last 22 games he played

- 4-17-1 his record against team going to playoffs

He was good against weak defenses/teams

He was pretty mediocre when he couldn't run (if you don't consider 3 or 4 games in his career..)

You are really a hater bro. Go back and check the fourth quarter drops and dropped TDs like the one Roddy drop against TB that would have broken the back to back. Or the one he dropped against NO in 2006. Or Lelie's drops, Fins, Price's whateva. Factor all that back in and get back with me. Any way do those stats offset this:

-38-28-1 as a starter on six teams that four other QBs went 9-20 on?

-Top 10 in the league in wins as a starter on six teams that were not very good

-leading a 7-9 team to the second round of the playoffs and winning the first road playoff game ever in Lambeau?

-leading a 2-10 team to a 3-1 finish including two games against division rivals. One who eventually went to the Super Bowl?

-leading a team to an 11-5 record and eventually to the franchise's second only NFCCG?

-doing enough on the 2005 and 2006 mediocre teams to go at least 10-6 or 11-5?

-last QB in 2002 without a pick?

-16,000 yards and 90 TDs?

-still Top 5 in several all time Falcon passing stats?

-one of the best rushing QBs in the history of the league?

-getting selected to three Pro Bowls by coaches and players?

-selling out six Domes and bringing in major merchandizing revenues for Blank?

-getting Blank's team national recognition, including several prime time games with associated revenues?

-keeping defensive coordinators up all night?

Hail no. Nata.

For a huge number of Falcons fans, the reason why Glenn Dorsey was a popular pick for last year was because they knew Vick would be out this year. I must admit I was one of those people, but Matt Ryan was chosen and has proven himself to be to Falcons starting QB.

I'll always be a Vick fan, that's why I'm hoping he lands in a place like Denver, St. Louis, San Fran, or anywhere else that's decent with QB problems(besides tampa). Vick has also proven that he can be a starting QB in this league, just not for the Falcons.

It's not even because he burned the falcons, but because we've got Matt Ryan from that burn!

Hope to see as many votes as possible

It would be nice if ALL the fans on this board could add their vote and see the results

Something the media could consider tomorrow...

Here's something our local media could consider tomorrow:

REPORT ON SOMETHING RELEVANT, LIKE OUR UP-AND-COMING FOOTBALL TEAM.

We do have OTAs this week, and guess what! We're working on improving on what we built last year. We're working on becoming a Super Bowl contender. We're working on something that will be more special than anything that's ever happened to this franchise.

Let me tell you what's NOT on anyone's mind around here: Michael Vick. This team is focused on winning football games, not a convicted felon ex-quarterback.

We do have OTAs this week, and guess what! We're working on improving on what we built last year. We're working on becoming a Super Bowl contender. We're working on something that will be more special than anything that's ever happened to this franchise.

Let me tell you what's NOT on anyone's mind around here: Michael Vick. This team is focused on winning football games, not a convicted felon ex-quarterback.

Good luck with that. All I can say is thank goodness for Favre. It is only because of him that vick is not the biggest offseason story.

ETA: How weird is it that we have 2 former falcons QBs fighting it out for top media billing?

Good luck with that. All I can say is thank goodness for Favre. It is only because of him that vick is not the biggest offseason story.

ETA: How weird is it that we have 2 former falcons QBs fighting it out for top media billing?

Yeah I think that is going to change as of Tommorrow, Farve will be #2 in the spotlight.

Hope to see as many votes as possible

It would be nice if ALL the fans on this board could add their vote and see the results

Something the media could consider tomorrow...

"Na Na Nah Na Na Nah.....SportCenter at the top of the hour. We are bringing you all the hard hitting action in the sports word, and a special report on Heretic's poll on the Atlanta Falcon Message Board."

Yeah I think that is going to change as of Tommorrow, Farve will be #2 in the spotlight.

You are probably right but at least we are going to finally get this over with. I wish he had served less time because it would have been nice for this to have been over before we started our 08 season. I don't really care how it plays out as long as he does not end up in Tampa and unfortunately that possibility still exists for the short term.

how many of the offensive lineman were here when vick was here??only 1 or 2 i believe. How can a QB get blamed for lineman that didnt want to block, and recievers that didnt catch catchable balls??im not defending vick, im just sayin, dont act like vick was that bad and he was the cause of all the problems and the only reason we didnt succeed.

Agree...

That's to be expected and great 2 hear but you know the media is gonna pop the YKW questions in, especially on players he was teammates with.

Count me in as a huge Vick supporter. I really do hope he gets back in the NFL, but NOT here in Atlanta. Even without Ryan, Vick could never play in an Atlanta uniform again IMHO even if we were terrible at the QB position. He dealt this franchise a death blow, and only Blank's savvy moves after the disaster got this franchise back on it's feet so quickly.

But now that Ryan is here, we have the leader we always needed at QB to take this franchise to a new level it has never occupied. We are about to break the "back to back winning seasons" curse and become a perennial winner in the NFL after all these DECADES of mediocrity.

In your pic of the ATL huddle, why is keith brooking in the huddle with the offense?

Currently we have 25 people who are dulusional. Vick will never be a Falcon again, Ryan is better than Vick as a QB, it doesn't matter what anyone on the internet wish would have with Vick. Fact, Vick will never be a Falcon again, ever.

Currently we have 25 people who are dulusional. Vick will never be a Falcon again, Ryan is better than Vick as a QB, it doesn't matter what anyone on the internet wish would have with Vick. Fact, Vick will never be a Falcon again, ever.

The scary part is, that some people truely believe that he will be in a Falcons uniform again. Not just hoping but actually believing that he can get a rosterspot, playing the wildcat and getting some snaps instead of Matt.

That part scares the crap out of me...

The scary part is, that some people truely believe that he will be in a Falcons uniform again. Not just hoping but actually believing that he can get a rosterspot, playing the wildcat and getting some snaps instead of Matt.

That part scares the crap out of me...

It's been said over and over again by Blank and TD. It is NOT going to happen, ever. Vick will play for the Falcons when Joey Harrington goes All-Pro, wins a Superbowl, and get NFL MVP. It will NEVER happen outside of their fantasies.

Vick is doomed to fail in life because you can't fix stupid. Nuf said.

I LIKE MIKE. BUT LIKE AIN'T GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

MATT'S A BETTER QB. ANYBODY THAT KNOW ANY THING

ABOUT FOOTBALL, KNOWS THIS. AS FAR AS FOOTBALL

GOES, I DON'T NEED WHO I LIKE. I NEED WHO IS THE BEST. B)