Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heretic

Vick will be back in the NFL

if Vick will be back in the league, who would you like as the starting Qb?   260 members have voted

1. 1. With Vick back in NFL, who would you pick as the Falcons Qb?

• Matt Ryan
    • Michael Vick

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

116 posts in this topic

Where's the option for neither? Vick has no Brain and Ryan has no Athletics. Maybe we can "frankenstein" them?

Where's the option for neither? Vick has no Brain and Ryan has no Athletics. Maybe we can "frankenstein" them?

Sure

We could get a Qb with the Brain of Michael Vick and the athletics of Matt Ryan...

:lol:

Wait

:huh:<_<

Ryan has no Atheltics and you go no Edumucation.

WOW

REALLY? Matt Ryan isn't athletic? I'd love to see what you use as your definition of athletic.

Prevalence of Imbecility and Idiocy among general population should be around 2-3/1000 (often much more than that...)

:lol::lol::lol:

Someone needs a fieldtrip to a Walmart.

Ryan has no Atheltics and you go no Edumucation.

WOW

REALLY? Matt Ryan isn't athletic? I'd love to see what you use as your definition of athletic.

Hey man, relax. Don't you know that, regarding Qbs, it's all about "athletic"?

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Big Ben...

All well under 4.60 on the 40 yards.

Ryan will never be more than a slow cerebral Qb

Some how I think there is a miss understanding about a few things.

First of all don't think Vick should be allowed back in the NFL it is a privilege to play pro football not a right. He has served his time and earned the right to earn a living. He doesn't deserve the privilege of playing in the NFL again he destroyed that when he chose to do what he did.

Don't use the whole Ray Lewis thing big difference in the two things.

Another is the statement that he was an elite NFL QB.

Somehow to qualify, he need to have had certain abilities, like reading a defense nope he ran when ever he could rather then try because he could not do so with any kind of effectiveness. Throw an accurate pass well as long as you honest we all no he missed that one.

Team leader, there are those who will say he was and those who say he wasn't. Since I was not in the locker room can't say for sure only know what was wrote after his departure about that.

I liked Vick because of the excitement he brought to the field but never felt he would take us to a super bowl and after the 2005 season fell it was time for him to be replaced. Other teams had started to learn how to better defend against him and thus his effectiveness when trying to run decreased as well as the team winning.

Sure

We could get a Qb with the Brain of Michael Vick and the athletics of Matt Ryan...

Wait

:huh:<_<

Ummm, we had him, Joey Harrington.

:)

This just goes to show that 13 percent of people are out of touch with reality and/or clinically insane.

Hope to see as many votes as possible

It would be nice if ALL the fans on this board could add their vote and see the results

Something the media could consider tomorrow...

Hope to see as many votes as possible

It would be nice if ALL the fans on this board could add their vote and see the results

Something the media could consider tomorrow...

nobody is going to take this poll seriously....

i don't know

People forget too easily...

Many people here remember him as an elite Qb, who could lead his new team to 2 or 3 consecutive Superbowls

They forget so many things about accuracy, defense reading, work ethic, our 2 last seasons

When he was arrested he was not considered an elite Qb, some people were even thinking about benching him.

And still some of us consider him as one of the best Qbs in the league...

They can forgive him because they were all friends for a long time. It is hard to not forgive a friend no matter how bad of stuff they have done. It is harder for people who didn't have that bond. We had the bond to the Falcons which he screwed royally. Friendship goes a long way. Why else do you think Mr Blank can forgive him. He or no one else condones what he did but they loved Mike as a person before that. That is not easily let go.
SMH.

He was not the best QB in the league but he was not nearly the awful QB you claim he was. Did you forget this?

-38-28-1 as a starter on six teams that four other QBs went 9-20 on?

-Top 10 in the league in wins as a starter on six teams that were not very good

-leading a 7-9 team to the second round of the playoffs and winning the first road playoff game ever in Lambeau?

-leading a 2-10 team to a 3-1 finish including two games against division rivals. One who eventually went to the Super Bowl?

-leading a team to an 11-5 record and eventually to the franchise's second only NFCCG?

-doing enough on the 2005 and 2006 mediocre teams to go at least 10-6 or 11-5?

-last QB in 2002 without a pick?

-16,000 yards and 90 TDs?

-still Top 5 in several all time Falcon passing stats?

-one of the best rushing QBs in the history of the league?

-getting selected to three Pro Bowls by coaches and players?

-selling out six Domes and bringing in major merchandizing revenues for Blank?

-getting Blank's team national recognition, including several prime time games with associated revenues?

-keeping defensive coordinators up all night?

I think you're leaving out a big part of the story bro. Not surprised coming from a professed Vick hater since 2005. I say since 2001. I think you have some issues.

Oh boy.

You voted Vick, didn't you?

:rolleyes:

yes, i did, as a joke.

no falcons fans on this board want him to be back on the falcons.

i'd like to tell you big ben and brady do not run under a 4.6 40 yard dash.

Vote: Ryan

You wanted a critique?

Arm Strength: Equal

Passing Finesse: Ryan

Field Reading for plays (audibles): Vick (because of experience)

Down Field Reading (passing): Ryan (wasn't Vick's strength at all)

Leadership: Ryan

Motivator: Ryan

Speed (Running): VICK

Highlight Film: VICK

Vick sold tickets; Ryan will win games consistently. Mind you, there

are a few games Vick won all by himself. However, he also threw

a few away...

As a QB, Vick was average for starting NFL QB's. As fun, interesting

and wonderful to watch (particularly when he ran), he was TOP TIER.

However, behind center, who would/do I want: Ryan

JMHO.

-The Dawg

Have you ever tried to block for someone? Have you ever tried to block for someone that you don't know the location of? How can you effectively block for someone that you have your back to, if you don't know where he is at any given moment? Also, define a ball that can be caught, does this include the process of breaking off a route to stop and catch a ball? Or the bullets that used to fly out of Vick's hands?

Vick has talent there's no doubt about that, it just wasn't at QB. Vick was the reason for a majority of the sacks he gave up, if you can blame Joey or Byron for holding on to the ball to long and getting sacked, it's easy to see that a happy feet Vick was the reason for many of his sacks.

I you have played football or better yet offensive line you don't worry about where the QB is at your job is to block your assignment that the play calls for regardless. If you do that then the QB or RB knows where he has a hole to step into, wh do think Vick ran into sackls at times, because the OL were not blocking and thinking too much and looking for Vick. If you hold your man up on the LOS he can't get to the QB no matter where he is at. That is a lame excuse for the o-line or attempt to say something bad about Vick.

SMH.

He was not the best QB in the league but he was not nearly the awful QB you claim he was. Did you forget this?

-38-28-1 as a starter on six teams that four other QBs went 9-20 on?

-Top 10 in the league in wins as a starter on six teams that were not very good

-leading a 7-9 team to the second round of the playoffs and winning the first road playoff game ever in Lambeau?

-leading a 2-10 team to a 3-1 finish including two games against division rivals. One who eventually went to the Super Bowl?

-leading a team to an 11-5 record and eventually to the franchise's second only NFCCG?

-doing enough on the 2005 and 2006 mediocre teams to go at least 10-6 or 11-5?

-last QB in 2002 without a pick?

-still Top 5 in several all time Falcon passing stats?

--one of the best rushing QBs in the history of the league?

-getting selected to three Pro Bowls by coaches and players?

-selling out six Domes and bringing in major merchandizing revenues for Blank?

-getting Blank's team national recognition, including several prime time games with associated revenues?

-keeping defensive coordinators up all night?

I think you're leaving out a big part of the story bro. Not surprised coming from a professed Vick hater since 2005. I say since 2001. I think you have some issues.

You forgot some numbers:

- 3-26-1 his record when trailing at the end of the 3rd quarter

- no TD passes in the 4th quarter in the last 22 games he played

- 4-17-1 his record against team going to playoffs

He was good against weak defenses/teams

He was pretty mediocre when he couldn't run (if you don't consider 3 or 4 games in his career..)

yes, i did, as a joke.

False

Big Ben ran a 4.32 at his proday and Brady had a brilliant 4.28. Manning was pretty good too running a 4.37

That's why they are elite Qbs.

How can they be Superbowl winner without a marvelous 40 time?

False

Big Ben ran a 4.32 at his proday and Brady had a brilliant 4.28. Manning was pretty good too running a 4.37

That's why they are elite Qbs.

How can they be Superbowl winner without a marvelous 40 time?

look up what under means...

Grammar-Police.png

I take it you're a vegetarian?

You are being absurd, You should at least take it that I don't kill puppies and dogs nor do I enjoy electrocuting, drowning or slaming anything to it's death.

yes, i did, as a joke.

wow that is a funny joke!!!!.......my sides are splitting :lol::lol::lol: