Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heretic

Vick will be back in the NFL

if Vick will be back in the league, who would you like as the starting Qb?   260 members have voted

1. 1. With Vick back in NFL, who would you pick as the Falcons Qb?

• Matt Ryan
    • Michael Vick

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

116 posts in this topic

He is probably coming back to the league.

Some people here already claim he should be given another chance in Atlanta (they are out of their mind in my opinion).

Just wondering how many Falcons fans around here would like him to come back as the starting Qb of our team despite what HE did, despite what Ryan did.

Honestly I hope no more than 10%, but who knows...

im a big Vick fan, but a bigger Falcons fan, and i never wanna see him back in ATL after we got Ryan. give him another chance, just not as a Falcon

everybody knows i was a big vick fan and would love to see him back in the nfl, but he will not be in a falcons uniform. sorry..We have a leader now and im sure everyone is very satisfied with him. Team chemistry is at an all time high and we dont want to mess that up by bringing the past back in.

I think 10% would be a very large #

i don't know

People forget too easily...

Many people here remember him as an elite Qb, who could lead his new team to 2 or 3 consecutive Superbowls

They forget so many things about accuracy, defense reading, work ethic, our 2 last seasons

When he was arrested he was not considered an elite Qb, some people were even thinking about benching him.

And still some of us consider him as one of the best Qbs in the league...

im a big Vick fan, but a bigger Falcons fan, and i never wanna see him back in ATL after we got Ryan. give him another chance, just not as a Falcon
everybody knows i was a big vick fan and would love to see him back in the nfl, but he will not be in a falcons uniform. sorry..We have a leader now and im sure everyone is very satisfied with him. Team chemistry is at an all time high and we dont want to mess that up by bringing the past back in.

I like these posts, Hope to read many others like them...

Count me in as a huge Vick supporter. I really do hope he gets back in the NFL, but NOT here in Atlanta. Even without Ryan, Vick could never play in an Atlanta uniform again IMHO even if we were terrible at the QB position. He dealt this franchise a death blow, and only Blank's savvy moves after the disaster got this franchise back on it's feet so quickly.

But now that Ryan is here, we have the leader we always needed at QB to take this franchise to a new level it has never occupied. We are about to break the "back to back winning seasons" curse and become a perennial winner in the NFL after all these DECADES of mediocrity.

He is probably coming back to the league.

Some people here already claim he should be given another chance in Atlanta (they are out of their mind in my opinion).

Just wondering how many Falcons fans around here would like him to come back as the starting Qb of our team despite what HE did, despite what Ryan did.

Honestly I hope no more than 10%, but who knows...

Sorry to say but this is an unnecessary poll. It really doesn't matter what a very small minority might think about Vick's chances of coming back to the Falcons. It's ZERO. Move on (not you heretic, but those that want Vick back, well maybe you too because these posts just cause more drama about this situation).

i don't know

People forget too easily...

Many people here remember him as an elite Qb, who could lead his new team to 2 or 3 consecutive Superbowls

They forget so many things about accuracy, defense reading, work ethic, our 2 last seasons

When he was arrested he was not considered an elite Qb, some people were even thinking about benching him.

And still some of us consider him as one of the best Qbs in the league...

heretic,

it is obvious that you have not moved on but I would like to ask you this question, when milk goes bad do you put it back into the fridge to see if it gets better in a week or two? it just don't happen

dude, when anything goes as horribly wrong as the Vick thing did in the ATL, you simply must move on and let this crap go.

Vick wil be back somewhere in the NFL but he will NEVER overcome the stigma he created all by himself.

Would Lee Harvey Oswald have been accepted back into society after rehab?

How about Susan Smith, the lady who drowned her kids?

Vick tainted himself, it is rediculous to blame anybody, the guy did this stuff, lied repeatedly to everybody and now wants to have credibility?

No way Vick is ever anything more than a sad footnote.

Lump Vick with Darryl Strawberry, book or no book, being contrite only when you have run out of options will never fly.

Vick had his day, those days are over. 7 will NEVER again get respected, he blew that all by himself.

Killing and promoting the killing of innocent creatures is almost as bad as being a child molester.

Both simply take advantage of the weak, small and defenseless.

Vick will never escape the stigma he built around himself.

The worst part is that he did this for amusement, sheesh! get over it heretic

Count me in as a huge Vick supporter. I really do hope he gets back in the NFL, but NOT here in Atlanta. Even without Ryan, Vick could never play in an Atlanta uniform again IMHO even if we were terrible at the QB position. He dealt this franchise a death blow, and only Blank's savvy moves after the disaster got this franchise back on it's feet so quickly.

But now that Ryan is here, we have the leader we always needed at QB to take this franchise to a new level it has never occupied. We are about to break the "back to back winning seasons" curse and become a perennial winner in the NFL after all these DECADES of mediocrity.

I like your replies

This could turn into a thread Matt Ryan could like very much

Sorry to say but this is an unnecessary poll. It really doesn't matter what a very small minority might think about Vick's chances of coming back to the Falcons. It's ZERO. Move on (not you heretic, but those that want Vick back, well maybe you too because these posts just cause more drama about this situation).

If the poll keeps going this way, no drama at all. We could read on the papers Atlanta fans have made their choice..

;)

I was a big fan of Michael Vick - have three jerseys to prove it - but that ship has sailed. Also, I think looking back at it objectively without my "homer glasses" on - Vick had too many deficiencies on the field and off the field - not even talking about the dog-fighting stuff.

As QB, you need him(the QB) to be the hardest working guy on the team - and Vick wasn't. Also, I am sorry but I don't want a "dope smoker" leading my team either. I just think Vick was and possibly still is incredibly immature - as Vick gets older his "wheels" will start to slow and his superior athletic ability will slowly leave his body - as that happens, a player will have to rely more and more on his study habits, leadership, technique and intangibles. Unless and until Michael Vick develops these areas, he will slowly but surely get worse as a QB. While Vick should still be an incredible talent right now - I just don't think he is worth it. Also, I think Vick made the Falcons offensive line worse and the wide receivers worse as well - proof is in the pudding - look at what the WRs and Offensive Line did after Vick was gone.

Bottom-line, Vick will never wear the Falcon red again - nor should he. Having said that, I will still root for his successful return to the NFL - as long as he does not end up in the NFC South - and preferably not the NFC at all :)

heretic,

it is obvious that you have not moved on but I would like to ask you this question, when milk goes bad do you put it back into the fridge to see if it gets better in a week or two? it just don't happen

dude, when anything goes as horribly wrong as the Vick thing did in the ATL, you simply must move on and let this crap go.

Vick wil be back somewhere in the NFL but he will NEVER overcome the stigma he created all by himself.

Would Lee Harvey Oswald have been accepted back into society after rehab?

How about Susan Smith, the lady who drowned her kids?

Vick tainted himself, it is rediculous to blame anybody, the guy did this stuff, lied repeatedly to everybody and now wants to have credibility?

No way Vick is ever anything more than a sad footnote.

Lump Vick with Darryl Strawberry, book or no book, being contrite only when you have run out of options will never fly.

Vick had his day, those days are over. 7 will NEVER again get respected, he blew that all by himself.

Killing and promoting the killing of innocent creatures is almost as bad as being a child molester.

Both simply take advantage of the weak, small and defenseless.

Vick will never escape the stigma he built around himself.

The worst part is that he did this for amusement, sheesh! get over it heretic

Well said. By the way this question of whether Ryan or Vick will start as QB do not arise here due to fact that AB has said, he do not have any place in here. Playing in NFL should be a privilege like voting. When once you are convicted of a crime, you should not be allowed to play in NFL

I was a big fan of Michael Vick - have three jerseys to prove it - but that ship has sailed. Also, I think looking back at it objectively without my "homer glasses" on - Vick had too many deficiencies on the field and off the field - not even talking about the dog-fighting stuff.

As QB, you need him(the QB) to be the hardest working guy on the team - and Vick wasn't. Also, I am sorry but I don't want a "dope smoker" leading my team either. I just think Vick was and possibly still is incredibly immature - as Vick gets older his "wheels" will start to slow and his superior athletic ability will slowly leave his body - as that happens, a player will have to rely more and more on his study habits, leadership, technique and intangibles. Unless and until Michael Vick develops these areas, he will slowly but surely get worse as a QB. While Vick should still be an incredible talent right now - I just don't think he is worth it. Also, I think Vick made the Falcons offensive line worse and the wide receivers worse as well - proof is in the pudding - look at what the WRs and Offensive Line did after Vick was gone.

Bottom-line, Vick will never wear the Falcon red again - nor should he. Having said that, I will still root for his successful return to the NFL - as long as he does not end up in the NFC South - and preferably not the NFC at all :)

how many of the offensive lineman were here when vick was here??only 1 or 2 i believe. How can a QB get blamed for lineman that didnt want to block, and recievers that didnt catch catchable balls??im not defending vick, im just sayin, dont act like vick was that bad and he was the cause of all the problems and the only reason we didnt succeed.

No brainer, nuff said

Pretty surprised, but quite happy.

Ryan has done a greater thing than becoming the ROY: looks like he made Atlanta forget his past.

It wasn't easy.

how many of the offensive lineman were here when vick was here??only 1 or 2 i believe. How can a QB get blamed for lineman that didnt want to block, and recievers that didnt catch catchable balls??im not defending vick, im just sayin, dont act like vick was that bad and he was the cause of all the problems and the only reason we didnt succeed.

He wasn't the only problem, but the QB should lead by example...and Vick's example wasn't one I wanted our team to follow.

He wasn't the only problem, but the QB should lead by example...and Vick's example wasn't one I wanted our team to follow.

i do agree with you 100% on this, and yes he should the leader. I hope the next team he goes too, he becomes that leader he should of been here.

It's already been stated by management & ownership that Vick will not participate in the NFL in a Falcons uniform.

Makes this rather moot, doesn't it?

It's already been stated by management & ownership that Vick will not participate in the NFL in a Falcons uniform.

Makes this rather moot, doesn't it?

Just curious about what fans think

That's all

I'm amazed he's even got a vote or two....the past is the past. Matt Ryan is the future...Good luck Vick, wherever you land, but i hope this ordeal has humbled you. I don't think it has, but maybe when no one wants to sign you above a league minimum contract, you'll open your eyes a bit.

I don't care what team he goes to or if he comes back. As long as he never puts on our uniform again I'm happy.

Have you ever tried to block for someone? Have you ever tried to block for someone that you don't know the location of? How can you effectively block for someone that you have your back to, if you don't know where he is at any given moment? Also, define a ball that can be caught, does this include the process of breaking off a route to stop and catch a ball? Or the bullets that used to fly out of Vick's hands?

Vick has talent there's no doubt about that, it just wasn't at QB. Vick was the reason for a majority of the sacks he gave up, if you can blame Joey or Byron for holding on to the ball to long and getting sacked, it's easy to see that a happy feet Vick was the reason for many of his sacks.