Senseless Football Cliches

This was inspired by Gritblitzer. Here is one he has pointed out repeatedly.

"Because they have footage on Ryan defenses will know how to scheme to shut him down earlier."

What are some of the more annoying cliches you hear to describe your Atlanta Falcons or any team for that matter?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This was inspired by Gritblitzer. Here is one he has pointed out repeatedly.

"Because they have footage on Ryan defenses will know how to scheme to shut him down earlier."

What are some of the more annoying cliches you hear to describe your Atlanta Falcons or any team for that matter?

I think you guys are underestimating that a little bit.

Ryan was normalized just like Flacco in the last four or five games. Mainly because a bunch of expert defensive guys had tape on them.

If you recall, Ryan struggled in his last few games. Mainly because he got way more pressure. He didn't react to it very well. In fact, he started feeling phantom pressure all of a sudden.

Still he made enough plays to go 3-1 in those games. Wins are all I really care about and he has the skills to win. Take away Dahl, Milloy and Brooking's last gaffs and he would have gone to the second round in his rookie year. Trust me. He is a player.

But there is tape on him. You can bet that's what he's talking about when he says I can improve on the speed of my reads. He and McClure better fix their silent count tendancies too cause Billicheck and others now have the ARI tape.

"They lost ____ players from last year's team and will be worse off because of it"

This was said when we got rid of Hall, Crumpler, Dunn, and the like. We got better at those positions.

It's being said now about letting Grady, Boley, Brooking, and Milloy go. We were 24th ranked with those guys, we can almost do nothing but improve. Boley is the only one of those guys with anything left to contribute for a team.

"They lost ____ players from last year's team and will be worse off because of it"

This was said when we got rid of Hall, Crumpler, Dunn, and the like. We got better at those positions.

It's being said now about letting Grady, Boley, Brooking, Crump and Milloy go. We were 24th ranked with those guys, we can almost do nothing but improve. Boley is the only one of those guys with anything left to contribute for a team.

Hey I was ready to see Dunn, Brooking, Grady and Crumpler get gone.

Boley and Foxworth? Not nearly as much.

We tried to resign Foxworth but he wanted to go home.

We didn't try to resign Boley, but Coughlin jumped right on him. He played his as off under Mora and Quitrino but couldn't play under Smitty/Van Gorder? Sounds fishy to me.

I have 2

1: Defense wins championships. You win the game when you score more points than the other guy. Well rounded, well coached, & well QB'd teams win championships.

2: Football is an outdoor game. I honestly like it both ways on TV but when I go to a game I like the dome. I don't see why anybody feels the need to freeze thier balls off to enjoy a game.

Guest Gritz
I think you guys are underestimating that a little bit.

Ryan was normalized just like Flacco in the last four or five games. Mainly because a bunch of expert defensive guys had tape on them.

If you recall, Ryan struggled in his last few games. Mainly because he got way more pressure. He didn't react to it very well. In fact, he started feeling phantom pressure all of a sudden.

Still he made enough plays to go 3-1 in those games. Wins are all I really care about and he has the skills to win. Take away Dahl, Milloy and Brooking's last gaffs and he would have gone to the second round in his rookie year. Trust me. He is a player.

But there is tape on him. You can bet that's what he's talking about when he says I can improve on the speed of my reads. He and McClure better fix their silent count tendancies too cause Billicheck and others now have the ARI tape.

More bullcrap.

WEEK 4-Ryan's stats in the first Carolina game: 21-41 for 158 yards, 51.2% completion rate....0 TDs, 0 INTs, 60.8 QB rating

WEEK 12-Ryan's stats in the second Carolina game: 17-27 for 254 yards, 63.0 % completion rate...0 TDs, 0 INTS, 94.5 QB rating

Even though Tampa Bay's defense was very effective against Ryan in both games, Ryan's QB rating was nearly 30 points higher in the 2nd matchup........

And he just kicked the 'Aints butt in both games......

These are the only instances last year when Ryan had to play a team twice. This shows that when presented with an opportunity to show what they had learned by watching footage of Ryan both defenses failed to perform better against Ryan..........

EDIT: To be completely honest here Ryan's stats were slightly worse against the 'Aints in the 2nd game, but even the most jaded observer would conclude that the 'Aints didn't have a solution for Ryan in either game.

I loathe he has the "WEAPONS"

I know football played at its most physical is a little like war...but after about 5 or 6 years of hearing this you would think the more intelligent talking heads and scribes could move on to something more descriptive...a full complement of skill players surround the qb...

"Any Given Sunday".

That one is the WORST. Basically it's someone saying, "I know my team sucks, but they COULD win if everything goes right."

Or i know my team is so good, but . How about "intangibles", i don't recall hearing this term prior to last season as it relates

to football. Can anyone tell me if this is something that TD/Smitty introduced to everyone last season?? I don't know but i'm

hearing that alot this year, ''this guy has all the intantibles"., etc. ;);)