For What its Worth - Chuck Oliver of 680 said....Lawrence Sidbury looked GREAT

g-dawg

Yeah, but you know what? I've been following this team since 1966 and just when it seems the Birds are turning the corner, something

bad happens. Not trying to jinx them, but it really hit home during the season when a poster (forgot whom) made a thread entitled

"who else is waiting for the other shoe to drop" or something along those lines......Hopefully this year's team will finally put an end

to the suffering.

Same here since 1966. I think the most I had my hopes up for the curse to be lifted was when we were 8-7 and playing Carolina the last game of the season and Ookie quit in the game. Well, he was still Vick till then. Really broke my heart to lose that game, especially the way we did.

All that has changed now. Their ain't no quit in this team we have now for sure :D

I thought you guys would be interested to hear. Oliver & Chernoff are at Flowery Branch today and Chuckie said "L-Sid" looked super and was a "high motor" guy coming off the edge and described L-Sid as relentless.......

He said and I quote, "I expect Sidbury to be the designated pass rusher opposite Abraham starting in week #1"....

WOW! that is a big statement for a rookie drafted in 4th round - hope he's right

Oliver must not be familiar with Chauncey Davis. He's paid to be the starter opposite Abe.

Yea I was suprised he even lasted that long as so were the Falcons. I haven't seen him but have heard nothing but good things and used in the right situation I think he can contribute quite nicely for the defense.

Yeah, but you know what? I've been following this team since 1966 and just when it seems the Birds are turning the corner, something

bad happens. Not trying to jinx them, but it really hit home during the season when a poster (forgot whom) made a thread entitled

"who else is waiting for the other shoe to drop" or something along those lines......Hopefully this year's team will finally put an end

to the suffering.

This team has never had the owner and FO in place to build a great team. They do now. I'm expecting 9-11 wins depending on how things break, but , even if this years team falls apart, in two-three years, this will be an elite team.

I hope your right , but I think Vance Walker may be the steal of the draft. ;)

Jerry was a steal in the first round, Moore, if he's healthy, is a steal, L Sid is a steal, Walker is a steal, makes you think that other draft picks might be pretty good as well. All this and Matt Ryan too. Yeah, this season will be fun.

El SID rocks..........learn it.........live it.........love it..........deal with it!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

HORRIBLE nickname. Most people have never seen that movie. I've never heard of it and don't care to. Sid is short and sweet.

you want our defensive end to be named after a queer, skinny, drug-infested british punk rocker? <_<

Yea and we can call the rest of the DL the Sex Pistols lol.

Seriously though watching the Braves Pirates 7th game 1992 on ESPN classic,I could handle the Georgia Dome chanting SID!SID!SID!

That was so cool what fricking great game and time.

1st video is a video with Sidbury interview and analysis of his style of play

2nd video is Falcons Director of Player Personnel Les Snead talking about Sidbury.

I remember when we drafted Sid, one of the analysts on ESPN said that he (Sidbury) had developed a computer program on getting to the quarterback, and he used that program to study all the qbs that he would face in the college season.

Yah, I got it, g-dawg. Pretty good nic, I thought

But I think it was El Cid.

Correctamundo. It's El Cid, but you know on the gridiron everyone has to be characterized by a letter (ie., DLO, etc) and so it's L-Cid or L-Cid. El Cid though was a spanish knight I believe. I remember him from some college lit thing we had to read. Not a bad book either.

celtik