Atlanta Falcons D-Line

atljbo

TD and Smith have pic'd these players for this system , and plan of rotation . Believe it or not your going to see a vast improvement on Def. with Trey he's the wildcard of the bunch . If he can prove his knee and his playmaking abilityto the coaches ,which I hope, this Dline will be a nightmare for Offences and QB's . Last yr. we watched our Offence emerge , this yr we will watch our Defence arise , even with what we see from them this yr. is only a prevue of the finished product next yr. when TD fine tunes the team in the draft .......smile guys we only waited since 1966 for this team....... :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one not expecting much from Trey Lewis this year? I personally don't see how you can. He's a big guy who has had some pretty bad knee problems. And even if he is back at full strength he's only played in 9 games in the NFL after a career at a tiny school. He's going to need some refinement. I think we're going to have to rely on Babs and Jerry to do most of the heavy lifting in the middle.

Rotation baby!! We wont have too rely too heavy on the guy!! I hope he can have a good season though!!!! The post stated that he said that he is 100%..

With all those studs fighting for sacks we most likely will. Our line looks monsterous right now!!!!! Cant wait till mini camp and get feedback.

We were 11th last year in sacks so finishing top ten is not going to be that hard even. :D . I would rather us get consistent pressure on the QB resulting in more INT from our Secondary and finishing in the top 5 in sacks

Good read atljbo. I liked the positive breakdown on each. Its been a few weeks since I've seen anything positive written up on Lewis.

I can see us going 2 deep in the 4 D-line positions. Maybe even carrying 9. Its kinda scary though to think who's gonna be the odd men out of the guys who are on our current roster.

I wonder if we will just let a couple of them go, or try to trade & get something for them. Over the last couple of years that thought is not a luxury we've had. Kinda of a nice feeling, but you're gonna feel bad for a couple of them who won't be flying as a Falcon this year.

"Birds of Prey", I think that fits this 2009 D-line group.

"LEGION OF DOOM" 2009 D-Line nickname

We were 11th last year in sacks so finishing top ten is not going to be that hard even. :D . I would rather us get consistent pressure on the QB resulting in more INT from our Secondary and finishing in the top 5 in sacks

True True. I didnt know we were 11th last year!!!! Abe is a beast!!! Im sure we will have that consisitent pressure you are talking about. I cant wait to see who will take that last LB spot and who our secondary will be. I wanna see how DeCoud and Moore matches up to one another.

True True. I didnt know we were 11th last year!!!! Abe is a beast!!! Im sure we will have that consisitent pressure you are talking about. I cant wait to see who will take that last LB spot and who our secondary will be. I wanna see how DeCoud and Moore matches up to one another.

The big problem was that fact that ABe accounted for 47% of our sacks, teams will be focusing on that, so we really need Babs, Jerry, Sidbury, JA98, Davis to step it up this year.

The big problem was that fact that ABe accounted for 47% of our sacks, teams will be focusing on that, so we really need Babs, Jerry, Sidbury, JA98, Davis to step it up this year.

I think they will get the job done. Babs had a good year last year and the addition of Jerry helps out alot. One poster, Im not sure who, had Peria lining up next to Abe because he will get doubled this year(ABE). That leaves one defender on Jerry!!! If that aint a potential sack situation I dont know what is!!!!! With the FO promising Davis a shot at the starting DE position it will be interesting to see how Jamaal plays. If he doesnt land the starting role who would you line up with next to Anderson or Davis?????

I think they will get the job done. Babs had a good year last year and the addition of Jerry helps out alot. One poster, Im not sure who, had Peria lining up next to Abe because he will get doubled this year(ABE). That leaves one defender on Jerry!!! If that aint a potential sack situation I dont know what is!!!!! With the FO promising Davis a shot at the starting DE position it will be interesting to see how Jamaal plays. If he doesnt land the starting role who would you line up with next to Anderson or Davis?????

On passing downs, neither would be in, I would go with Sidbury, Jerry, Babs, Abe. On running downs both Anderson and Davis would be in my opinion unless Sidbury performs better than expected against the run and JA98 has not improved overall, then we could see DAvis at LDE and Sidbury at RDE or babs could go to LDE and Davis at RDE, with Lewis and Jerry in the middle. We have alot of options if the coaches dont see what they need to see out of JA98 during the pre-season, but realisticly we really need JA98 to step up in improving his pass rush, so we have a pass rush threat just in case teams decide to pass on 1st and 2 or 2nd and 3.

On passing downs, neither would be in, I would go with Sidbury, Jerry, Babs, Abe. On running downs both Anderson and Davis would be in my opinion unless Sidbury performs better than expected against the run and JA98 has not improved overall, then we could see DAvis at LDE and Sidbury at RDE or babs could go to LDE and Davis at RDE, with Lewis and Jerry in the middle. We have alot of options if the coaches dont see what they need to see out of JA98 during the pre-season, but realisticly we really need JA98 to step up in improving his pass rush, so we have a pass rush threat just in case teams decide to pass on 1st and 2 or 2nd and 3.

He definietly needs to step it up more!! I would be happy with more QB hurries more than anything though!!! The "Legion of Doom" should get it done for us next year!!! That my nickname for the D-Line!!! I think the fact that we can plug players in on certain situations and not see a major loss in talent will be a big advantageto us.

Great job like always...mad respect man...Our DL rotation is looking real good right now....MUCH better than years past...

I agree..... and with Smitty at the helm, considering how our D stepped up last year, we should be a punishing team! YEEEAAAAH, I LOVE IT! HOOOOOOOTY HOOOOOOOO! :D

Yes, our DL looks poised to do some serious damage, but let me throw something else out there just to make the convo interesting...I wouldn't be surprised if we let some of these guys go during cuts guys, just being realistic. I would love to keep every single player on that line, but I know it's a couple that may get released...Lewis and Biermann comes to mind. Lewis' injury, even though he's been listed as "100%", still can prohibit his motor skills. Once you go through two surgeries on the same knee, there's a strong possibility it won't function the same. Vance Walker has the ability to fill the backup spot behind Jerry and may beat Lewis out for the position. Biermann has the potential, but lacks the size to be that effective pass rush presence from the outside...don't be surprised if Sidbury wins the backup role behind Abraham. Don't get me wrong, I want to keep all these guys, especially those two for depth purposes, but this time last year, we let a few decent guys go due to cuts.

Lewis will not be going anywhere, and Walker is a lot like Jefferson but may get the nod because of youth

yeah i think we'll keep all of them too. i could maybe see us putting walker on the ps but we probably won't because i think someone will snatch him.

I can see Walker and Bierman going to the PS to keep them in camp provided the pass waivers, last cut pickups.

Am I the only one not expecting much from Trey Lewis this year? I personally don't see how you can. He's a big guy who has had some pretty bad knee problems. And even if he is back at full strength he's only played in 9 games in the NFL after a career at a tiny school. He's going to need some refinement. I think we're going to have to rely on Babs and Jerry to do most of the heavy lifting in the middle.

You may not be the only one but you are in the minority. Yes Lewis has only played 9 games (most of them starts) and he still has more NFL experience than Jerry, Sidbury, Bierman, Walker, Moore and any other rookie and most 2st year players yet you would want them to make the team also.

The d-line will be moved around according to situation and whether they use an over/under front. There will be a great deal of rotation this time around so it does not matter where you start or even who starts they are all interchangable with several players capable of playing DT and DE. I can see a lineup with all DEs if wanted or all DT with both capable of getting the job done.

Lewis will not be going anywhere, and Walker is a lot like Jefferson but may get the nod because of youth

I can see Walker and Bierman going to the PS to keep them in camp provided the pass waivers, last cut pickups.

You may not be the only one but you are in the minority. Yes Lewis has only played 9 games (most of them starts) and he still has more NFL experience than Jerry, Sidbury, Bierman, Walker, Moore and any other rookie and most 2st year players yet you would want them to make the team also.

The d-line will be moved around according to situation and whether they use an over/under front. There will be a great deal of rotation this time around so it does not matter where you start or even who starts they are all interchangable with several players capable of playing DT and DE. I can see a lineup with all DEs if wanted or all DT with both capable of getting the job done.

You still mad at me dude. :lol:

I agree, we need the other guys to step up and contribute. Abraham can't be doing it all by himself for much longer. He is entering his 30's y'know!

yea... i cant wait either..... I want to see how the guys look at mini-camp......

With Babs and Peria Jerry in the middle we will have a good pass rush up the middle..... That is HUGE......

Yeah another HUGE factor is our depth. We will not lose a step in our pass rush. If one of our DE goes down we are good. If Babs goes down we can slide Anderson in there and throw in Chauncey or Sid or Biermann at DE. Having our guys fresh is going to be so huge for us this year.

Yeah another HUGE factor is our depth. We will not lose a step in our pass rush. If one of our DE goes down we are good. If Babs goes down we can slide Anderson in there and throw in Chauncey or Sid or Biermann at DE. Having our guys fresh is going to be so huge for us this year.

I agree... Thats one of the reasons why i think Trey Lewis may be ok...... Dude would be a guy in the rotation and not the guy...... With a good rotation everyone should remain relatively healthy..... I think that helped out Abe bigtime..... Last year our 2nd D-Line unit did not generate a pass rush but now we should be able to habve a consistent pass rush.....

Also remember..... Jamaal Anderson and Chauncey Davis can play some DT on passing downs

Mad, when was I mad at you, if we had a differnece of opinions that is one thing but I have never been "mad" at anyone.

Well you started going off, saying things that you dont know about regarding me, it went deeper than having a difference of opinions.

Well you started going off, saying things that you dont know about regarding me, it went deeper than having a difference of opinions.

I guess sometimes I "attack" posters like they "attack" players when they don't know what is actually going on with that player.

I guess sometimes I "attack" posters like they "attack" players when they don't know what is actually going on with that player.

Well you got the wrong one, you dont actually know what is going on with our players, I can only go off what i say last year, and anything that has been said, by either, TD, Smith or the players. I just thought that you attack was unjustified, but hey you can do what you want to do, it is just a MB. :D