DT

e0773cfffba14437bdb3a85.jpg

6'3 320lbs Trey Lewis

A Big Athletic run stuffing DT that also generate penetration....... In 2007 Trey Lewis look like he had the potential to be a really good starting DT (thats why Quitrino and Zimmers cut Grady).... Trey Lewis is like a extra draft pick to Coach Smith, Thomas Dimitroff, Brian Van Gorder, and Ray Hamilton..... Trey Lewis has been studying and taking mental reps (he is 100% healthy now) ... I cant wait to see what he can do out there.

babsdavemartin1.jpg

6'2 285lbs Jonathan Babineaux

Last year Jonathan Babineaux had a breakout year last season......Babs generated good pentration not on on pass plays but also on run plays... Jonathan Babineaux playing in a good rotation will also help him not get wore out.... Chuck Smith said that he feels like Jonathan Babineaux will be a 10 sack a season guy now.... Babs should have even a bigger year playing next to Peria Jerry and Trey Lewis

ncfgjerry600.jpg

6'2 299lbs Peria Jerry

I really love this pick..... Peria Jerry plays with that dog in him...... None stop full blown aggression...... Around the start of the season i think Peria Jerry will weight around 305 (i heard he played at 305 last year but lost weight to run a good 40 this offseason.. ran a 4.85) ....... We should have have a great pass rush up the middle with Peria Jerry and Babs.... Being compared to Warren Sapp does not hurt either.

76636577.jpg

6'2 305lbs Vance Walker

Vance Walker was a big time Gem in the 7th round..... Vance Walker has what it takes to be a contributor on our D-Line.... Vance Walker produced 45 tackles, 14 tackles for loss , and 8 sacks as a junior...After Vance junoir season he was considered as a 2nd round pick... Vance Walker played his senior season with a injury and only produced 33 tackles, 8 tackles for loss, and 3 sacks...... On the radio Vance Walker said he is 100% now and working out with Chuck Smith (Chuck Smith also saidVance is working out with him)...... Vance Walkerhas a quick burst and play real aggressive.

DE

abrahamcut.jpg

6'4 266lbs John Abraham

John Abraham is a beast....... Abe was our 1 consistent play maker on the D-Line... The guy make plays

340xe.jpg

6'2 277lbs Chauncey Davis

Chauncey Davis should a big time improvement after working with Chuck Smith (38 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF)........ Last year Chauncey should his versatility by playing DE and some DT on certain passing downs .... Chauncey Davis is a very good run Defender and now has gain some pass rushing skill.... Resigning Chauncey was big for us.... The guy goes out there and give it his all on every play

960ee68d5a414d47b3acb7b.jpg

6'6 282lbs Jamaal Anderson

JA98 is beaming with potential....Jamaal Anderson made a good amount of improvement last year........ Even tho Jamaal Anderson only produced 2 sacks, he had QB hurries and was close to having at least 4 more sacks.... Jamaal Anderson is a good run stopping DE as of right now but it liooks like he is improving on his hand usage in his passrush..... Even tho I dont think Jamjaal Anderson will be what you guys/galswant him to be (10+ sacks a year).. I do think Jamaal Anderson can grow into a guy thats very good against the run and produce 6-8 sacks a year...... Babs said that Jamaal Anderson is in the best shape he has ever seen him in (so we know Jamaal is now working hard)....... Lets see can Jamaal take that next step.

md200812sidbury.jpg

6'2 266lbs Lawrence Sidbury

Mr.4.53 40 was a big time steal in the 4th round...Sidbury produced 55 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, and 11.5 sacks..... Some say Lawrence Sidbury did not play top talent but Sidbury had 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble against Eugene Monroe ..... In a radio Interview(680 the fan) Lawrence Sidbury said that he has always compared himself to John Abraham and now he is excited to be learning from Abraham........ Ive heard some compare Lawrence Sidbury to Osi Umenyiora (coming out of college)..... Either way we have 1 heck of a talent on our hands.....Coach Hamilton wanted this guy so now he has him to coach him up.

610xp.jpg

6'3 241lbs Kroy Biermann

Kroy Biermann is a high -motor guy that will continue to improve..... Kroy gives us a good depth guy that has potential.... Kroy has to get bigger tho.

DE/DT

3-4

6'4 266lbs John Abraham

6'3 241lbs Kroy Biermann

5'11 245lbs Spencer Adkins (do not sleep on Spencer Adkins.... 5'11 242lbs James Harrison was a UDFA)

The Atlanta Falcons D-Line looks like a major strength now.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good read atljbo. I liked the positive breakdown on each. Its been a few weeks since I've seen anything positive written up on Lewis.

I can see us going 2 deep in the 4 D-line positions. Maybe even carrying 9. Its kinda scary though to think who's gonna be the odd men out of the guys who are on our current roster.

I wonder if we will just let a couple of them go, or try to trade & get something for them. Over the last couple of years that thought is not a luxury we've had. Kinda of a nice feeling, but you're gonna feel bad for a couple of them who won't be flying as a Falcon this year.

"Birds of Prey", I think that fits this 2009 D-line group.

I see the next 3-4 months quitely being Huge for this group. Everybody knows they are going to have to step it up to get playing time. Practices are going to be more about competition than just going thru reps. The young & marginal guys are going to be paying a bit more attention to the instructions they receive from Hamilton. Eveybody will be taking up their games a notch, as I see it. With fewer reps per guy, I can't see anyone taking a play off now. This should be one heck of a preseason as they get ready. Watch out for the Birds of Prey!

i would really like to see us in the top 10 in sacks this year

We actually finished in the 11th in sack last year with 34 , so finishing top ten will not be that hard for us. The problem was that abe accounted for almost 50% of our sack total, which is not good. I want their to be more a balance of sacks among our Dline. I would love to see more sacks from the NT position and from the left side of the D-line. I too am excited about our D-Line and we will have a strong group of guys on all three downs. I really want JA98 to improve to that level, even though i still think he wont see a whole heck of a lot of third downs with Sidbury and Beirmann, we still need him to improve his pass rush, so he can get pressure on the QB when pass plays are called on 1st and 2nd Downs.

Yes, our DL looks poised to do some serious damage, but let me throw something else out there just to make the convo interesting...I wouldn't be surprised if we let some of these guys go during cuts guys, just being realistic. I would love to keep every single player on that line, but I know it's a couple that may get released...Lewis and Biermann comes to mind. Lewis' injury, even though he's been listed as "100%", still can prohibit his motor skills. Once you go through two surgeries on the same knee, there's a strong possibility it won't function the same. Vance Walker has the ability to fill the backup spot behind Jerry and may beat Lewis out for the position. Biermann has the potential, but lacks the size to be that effective pass rush presence from the outside...don't be surprised if Sidbury wins the backup role behind Abraham. Don't get me wrong, I want to keep all these guys, especially those two for depth purposes, but this time last year, we let a few decent guys go due to cuts.

good post jbo. I am super hyped to see this d-line in action. From the beginning I've been saying the d-line will be fine. Even before the draft, now I feel like the FO has rewarded me with a big present. I can't wait till it is unwrapped this season. Reeking havoc on all offensive lines.

I dont think we will cut or trade anyone.... Last year we played with 4 DTs and 5 DEs (game day roster)..... Thats what we have with these guys......

I cant wait either..... We can potentially have a very dangerous D-Line...... I just hope everybody can put it together..... We will have a explosive offense so these guys should have a chance to shine.

I dont think we will cut or trade anyone.... Last year we played with 4 DTs and 5 DEs (game day roster)..... Thats what we have with these guys......

I cant wait either..... We can potentially have a very dangerous D-Line...... I just hope everybody can put it together..... We will have a explosive offense so these guys should have a chance to shine.

yeah i think we'll keep all of them too. i could maybe see us putting walker on the ps but we probably won't because i think someone will snatch him.

DT

6'3 320lbs Trey Lewis

A Big Athletic run stuffing DT that also generate penetration....... In 2007 Trey Lewis look like he had the potential to be a really good starting DT (thats why Quitrino and Zimmers cut Grady).... Trey Lewis is like a extra draft pick to Coach Smith, Thomas Dimitroff, Brian Van Gorder, and Ray Hamilton..... Trey Lewis has been studying and taking mental reps (he is 100% healthy now) ... I cant wait to see what he can do out there.

babsdavemartin1.jpg

Last year Jonathan Babineaux had a breakout year last season......Babs generated good pentration not on on pass plays but also on run plays... Jonathan Babineaux playing in a good rotation will also help him not get wore out.... Chuck Smith said that he feels like Jonathan Babineaux will be a 10 sack a season guy now.... Babs should have even a bigger year playing next to Peria Jerry and Trey Lewis

ncfgjerry600.jpg

6'2 299lbs Peria Jerry

I really love this pick..... Peria Jerry plays with that dog in him...... None stop full blown aggression...... Around the start of the season i think Peria Jerry will weight around 305 (i heard he played at 305 last year but lost weight to run a good 40 this offseason.. ran a 4.85) ....... We should have have a great pass rush up the middle with Peria Jerry and Babs.... Being compared to Warren Sapp does not hurt either.

76636577.jpg

6'2 305lbs Vance Walker

Vance Walker was a big time Gem in the 7th round..... Vance Walker has what it takes to be a contributor on our D-Line.... Vance Walker produced 45 tackles, 14 tackles for loss , and 8 sacks as a junior...After Vance junoir season he was considered as a 2nd round pick... Vance Walker played his senior season with a injury and only produced 33 tackles, 8 tackles for loss, and 3 sacks...... On the radio Vance Walker said he is 100% now and working out with Chuck Smith (Chuck Smith also saidVance is working out with him)...... Vance Walkerhas a quick burst and play real aggressive.

DE

abrahamcut.jpg

6'4 266lbs John Abraham

John Abraham is a beast....... Abe was our 1 consistent play maker on the D-Line... The guy make plays

340xe.jpg

Chauncey Davis should a big time improvement after working with Chuck Smith (38 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF)........ Last year Chauncey should his versatility by playing DE and some DT on certain passing downs .... Chauncey Davis is a very good run Defender and now has gain some pass rushing skill.... Resigning Chauncey was big for us.... The guy goes out there and give it his all on every play

JA98 is beaming with potential....Jamaal Anderson made a good amount of improvement last year........ Even tho Jamaal Anderson only produced 2 sacks, he had QB hurries and was close to having at least 4 more sacks.... Jamaal Anderson is a good run stopping DE as of right now but it liooks like he is improving on his hand usage in his passrush..... Even tho I dont think Jamjaal Anderson will be what you guys/galswant him to be (10+ sacks a year).. I do think Jamaal Anderson can grow into a guy thats very good against the run and produce 6-8 sacks a year...... Babs said that Jamaal Anderson is in the best shape he has ever seen him in (so we know Jamaal is now working hard)....... Lets see can Jamaal take that next step.

md200812sidbury.jpg

Mr.4.53 40 was a big time steal in the 4th round...Sidbury produced 55 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, and 11.5 sacks..... Some say Lawrence Sidbury did not play top talent but Sidbury had 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble against Eugene Monroe ..... In a radio Interview(680 the fan) Lawrence Sidbury said that he has always compared himself to John Abraham and now he is excited to be learning from Abraham........ Ive heard some compare Lawrence Sidbury to Osi Umenyiora (coming out of college)..... Either way we have 1 heck of a talent on our hands.....Coach Hamilton wanted this guy so now he has him to coach him up.

610xp.jpg

6'3 241lbs Kroy Biermann

Kroy Biermann is a high -motor guy that will continue to improve..... Kroy gives us a good depth guy that has potential.... Kroy has to get bigger tho.

DE/DT

3-4

6'4 266lbs John Abraham

6'3 241lbs Kroy Biermann

5'11 245lbs Spencer Adkins (do not sleep on Spencer Adkins.... 5'11 242lbs James Harrison was a UDFA)

Thanks! really interesting! go falcons!

Last year the defensive used to scare me to death everytime they took the field. This year due to TD I think the defense a blast to watch. Just thinking about us sacking and punishing Delhomme, Brees and whatever second rate QB the Bucs have gets me pumped.

Abe will have the time of his life this year. He will actually have help. Whether Jamaal improves or not we still should have a very good Dline.

Am I the only one not expecting much from Trey Lewis this year? I personally don't see how you can. He's a big guy who has had some pretty bad knee problems. And even if he is back at full strength he's only played in 9 games in the NFL after a career at a tiny school. He's going to need some refinement. I think we're going to have to rely on Babs and Jerry to do most of the heavy lifting in the middle.

DT

6'3 320lbs Trey Lewis

babsdavemartin1.jpg

ncfgjerry600.jpg

6'2 299lbs Peria Jerry

76636577.jpg

6'2 305lbs Vance Walker

DE

abrahamcut.jpg

6'4 266lbs John Abraham

340xe.jpg

md200812sidbury.jpg

610xp.jpg

6'3 241lbs Kroy Biermann

DE/DT

3-4

6'4 266lbs John Abraham

6'3 241lbs Kroy Biermann

Ill say one thing atljbo... You made a heck of a post here...

Why isnt there a picture of Abe sacking Delhomo instead? lol