Mike Vick

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/04/vick-settl...cons-bankruptcy

Lord forgive me for creating yet another post concerning MV7, but i'm a bit confused. If i'm reading this article correctly, the Falcons

don't owe him any thing this season, even if the commish re-instates him. Maybe some one can enlighten me further with regards

to the financial ramifications of this..

Thst is unless we play him.

thanks...

This means we can keep him on the bench. He makes no money because we will not play him. He has a chance to play if he get's traded and signs a new contract as the new team will have the same rights and will not play him for 8 or 11 million.

I always questioned his trade value because of the contract - now, he will have to negociate a deal to be able to play. I'll take a 5th, that can be an additional 2nd if he plays and meets certain expectaions.

First I think he would only receive around 8M in salary the rest that would have hit the cap is already spent. Just because a guy sits on the bench does not mean he does not get paid. Funny thing about this article it states certain things the Falcons have said but does not list who or does not quote anything. Just because a guy is either on the bench or inactive for the game does not mean he does not get paid otherwise the guy on the practice squad would make more than him. That really does not make sense.

First I think he would only receive around 8M in salary the rest that would have hit the cap is already spent. Just because a guy sits on the bench does not mean he does not get paid. Funny thing about this article it states certain things the Falcons have said but does not list who or does not quote anything. Just because a guy is either on the bench or inactive for the game does not mean he does not get paid otherwise the guy on the practice squad would make more than him. That really does not make sense.

Unless it's part of the settlement. Either way, who knows what to take from these articles. I've read more contradictory crap from these articles about Vick than any other subject out there.

Bottom line - the Falcons and Vick both know what the deal is and they will act accordingly. The rest of us will just have to keep guessing or learn to wait.

Well it quoted a Attorney for the Facons by name who is the one saying he wont get paid, unless the Falcons play him