It is a hard pattern to get used to...

I went through this last year. Pick after pick, I wondered what he was thinking. Guys who resided on my wishlist passed over. I remember actually being angry over taking some no name wide out in the third round! (Harry Douglas is now one of my favorite players.) It wasn't until it was all over that I was able to see the sum of the parts. The attributes that they all had in common. Then it all made sense.

This year, I purposefully avoided too much draft speculation. But as I kept up with the draft, I kept scratching my head. (Other than PJ. Grand Slam period.) While I waited for the draft to be over to make a judgement , there were a couple of picks I questioned and some players left on the board that I had wanted. There was doubt.

Of course, I come in this morning and read articles about all the picks. Viola! There is the pattern. So many reasons to be excited. Heck, I can't wait to see some of the UDFA in preseason!

I suppose this is how it will be from now on. A great weekend long mystery that can't be solved until the end. I just hope we get to see it for many years to come.

I had the same problem until I watched the guy with the touch screen on ESPN on the second day. He said that all our picks were hard working, tough, and passionate football players( which seems to be the common thread among all our picks).

I'm not the least worried about our draft because of the research and homework that our FO put in before the draft. They knew what they're doing.

I had the same problem until I watched the guy with the touch screen on ESPN on the second day. He said that all our picks were hard working, tough, and passionate football players( which seems to be the common thread among all our picks).

I'm not the least worried about our draft because of the research and homework that our FO put in before the draft. They knew what they're doing.

40 times are sexier than heart. Just ask the Raiders.

Yeah, smart and tough seems to always be characteristics of a TD player.