Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Draftnut57

: Draftnut57s 8th annual Draft Game, And the winners are ....

23 posts in this topic

Thanks to all who played this year, To me it just adds a little more to the Draft excitement . Picking a bunch of players we all want and then to see us get the one's we wanted is even better. I can't believe it but the 2nd tied breaker determined the place of the top 4 winners and we still had a tie for 2nd , So next year I think we'll have to have a 3rd tie breaker. Who would have thunk it??

4 of us had 3 players who was taken in the draft for us. And 15 people had 2 players which was good for a entry of 40 people who played the Game. Here is the results....Ist place goes to the man who probably deserves it most , And he should also be recognized as the #1 poster on the Draft , He like myself has a Username that suits him well.........Mr Offseason ! 1st place in the 2009 Draft Game !! Cheer! Cheer!!

1st Place (Mr Offseason ) took , Moore, Owens, Sid.......3 players.......2 positions right on 1st TB....And got 1st with 2nd TB....1 Trade down

2nd Place (Judgalo-Atlfan ) took, Jerry, Moore, Sid...........3 players.......2 positions right on 1st TB....And tied for 2nd ...1Trade down and 1 up

2nd Place ( Draftnut57 ) took,...... Jerry, Moore, Walker.....3 players......2 positions right on 1st TB....And tied for 2nd ....2 Trade downs

3rd Place ( Peyton ) took,..............Jerry, Moore, Sid...........3 players...... None right in the first TB

Lots of fun this year and I really like who we got, I've wanted a DT in the first round for years , and we finially got one , plus I;ve wanted 2 DTs in our drafts the last 3 years and I finially got that also. Notice I got both DTs ...LOL Walker was our best Value pick.

wow i won? thats awesome! thanks for hosting this draftnut i always enjoy playing this, but usually i suck at it. now papi cant make fun of me anymore, lol.

thats just the cherry on top of an amazing weekend lol.

-Mr. Offseason

I just wanted to thank Draftnut, Mr Offseason, atljbo, et al for all of your hard work during this season's draft and FA. I have been a long time Falcon fan, but just don't have (or maybe take) the time to research the upcoming college players. All of you guys do a great job of this and I for sure benefited from your efforts. Just wanted to thank you guys for what you did and hope you are around for many more offseasons!! I thought it was a very good draft, and I can't wait for next season. It has been amazing to watch TD and Smitty turn this thing around so quickly.

I just wanted to thank Draftnut, Mr Offseason, atljbo, et al for all of your hard work during this season's draft and FA. I have been a long time Falcon fan, but just don't have (or maybe take) the time to research the upcoming college players. All of you guys do a great job of this and I for sure benefited from your efforts. Just wanted to thank you guys for what you did and hope you are around for many more offseasons!! I thought it was a very good draft, and I can't wait for next season. It has been amazing to watch TD and Smitty turn this thing around so quickly.

thanks, this was a fun draft to debate. it might not have been as stacked as last years but there were a lot of players to be debated upon so it made for some fun and occasionally intense discussions. im glad you enjoyed reading the boards and i would also like to thank everybody who contributed to this forum over the last few months. it made it a lot of fun. this is my favorite forum and the people who post here are the reason why.

thanks guys,

-Mr. Offseason

I went in after i made my initial edit and tried to change Vontae Davis to Vance Walker, but I forgot to hit the complete edit button. Oh well, 4th place is better than I deserve for being too lazy to complete the tie breaker.

Great job Mr. O. I forgot to remove Tight End after the Gonzalez signing and tried to get clever

with some later rounders from Prof's list of those who we showed interest and got burnt. :P

Thanks again Draftnut57 for another great game.

Good job fellaz, and thanks for a great threat Draftnut! I'm coming for that crown in '10 Mr. Offseason. Watch ya back homie ;)

Good job, Mr. O!

thanks man!

Congrats Mr. Offseason!!!

thanks metal :D

Great job Mr. O. I forgot to remove Tight End after the Gonzalez signing and tried to get clever

with some later rounders from Prof's list of those who we showed interest and got burnt. :P

Thanks again Draftnut57 for another great game.

haha yeah i went in and took pettigrew out and i stupidly put fili moala on instead of peria jerry. i was so sure i had him in there but when i looked after we picked him he wasnt. god i felt like an idiot after that, i thought i was toast after that. :lol:

Good job fellaz, and thanks for a great threat Draftnut! I'm coming for that crown in '10 Mr. Offseason. Watch ya back homie ;)

bring it on king. :P i finally won this game and i dont intend to roll over now that i have! :lol:

thanks again draftnut, how did you come up with this game anyways? its always a highlight of the draft season.

-Mr. Offseason

Nice win man. Pretty hard to predict this year so 3 was really good.

i still cant believe i didnt have jerry on my list. i woulda had 4! oh well, i still won. but thanks norwood. sorry we didnt get wiley in udfa btw.

i still cant believe i didnt have jerry on my list. i woulda had 4! oh well, i still won. but thanks norwood. sorry we didnt get wiley in udfa btw.

I'm kind of glad you didn't , Because us other 3 couldn't say , Well!! At least we got 3 players right Toooo!! :lol:

I almost put Reynolds in ..... -_- ............ :lol:

Thank you kind Sir. Glad you enjoy one of the same things I enjoy. Here;s the thing , I believe we helped our team as much as any other team in the draft . Plus we did have one of the best Drafts in the League.

Nice one Offseason...

I cant believe i didnt have Jerry either, i just thought he wouldnt make it to our pick...

thanks, but i know what you mean. the saddest thing was when i saw the pick i was like "yeah! i had him on my board for draftnuts game! thats one!" and i even explained the game to my friends that i was watching with... and then i checked and i didnt have him. lol. god i felt like an idiot. :lol:

props mr O, i am going to take that one seriously next year ;) and try and make the top...30 :P

haha thanks dude. it can be a tough game, ive never really had any success with it until this year. once you get the hang of it it can be really fun though. ;)

-Mr. Offseason

props mr O, i am going to take that one seriously next year ;) and try and make the top...30 :P

I think I'm going to take the game a little more serious also. :rolleyes:

thanks again draftnut, how did you come up with this game anyways? its always a highlight of the draft season.

-Mr. Offseason

I don't know how he came up with it, but it is the best game of the offseason. When it first started, I think we only selected 10 players on our list if I remember right. 3 right was almost impossible back then.

Had I put Peria Jerry in my mock, i think i'd be a 3-peat champ. Good win though Mr. O! I'll be back next year to win back my crown :D

I don't know how he came up with it, but it is the best game of the offseason. When it first started, I think we only selected 10 players on our list if I remember right. 3 right was almost impossible back then.

Yeah , it was a little to hard to get any ,I gave us 2 picks per round for a while , But then if you remember ,For a few years It was called the sweet 16. And then we had like 9 picks one year so I gave us like 2 picks per round that made it 18.So I finnially ended up making it Top Twenty. I don't think it will ever be more than that. It's a good number . Gives us a better chance of getting at least a few right . Right?

Usually every year the Panthers take more players in my top 20 than the Falcons, It seems like they like the players I pick out more than our GM , but since TD has come in here, I am getting more players right here.