2009 NFL Draft Official Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still dislike Gruden :P

Funny, I really, really liked him when he was coach of the Raiders. I hated the way he left there and went to Tampa - thought he did his players wrong - haven't liked him since.

However, he is one funny dude. He was cracking me up this morning. I think on a personal level - he's intense, smart and funny - but I wouldn't want him to be our coach.

I think he'd be a great OL coach, though.

Funny, I really, really liked him when he was coach of the Raiders. I hated the way he left there and went to Tampa - thought he did his players wrong - haven't liked him since.

However, he is one funny dude. He was cracking me up this morning. I think on a personal level - he's intense, smart and funny - but I wouldn't want him to be our coach.

I think he'd be a great OL coach, though.

Gruden's biggest problem as a coach was his inability to adapt to changing conditions. I'm sure some Bucs fans could argue with me on this but as far as I could tell he NEVER changed his draft strategy, FA strategy or scheme based on the personnel the Bucs possessed.

As a commentator though? I think he's a hoot...he actually got Bill Bellichick to crack a smile yesterday! That's unpossible!

Gruden's biggest problem as a coach was his inability to adapt to changing conditions. I'm sure some Bucs fans could argue with me on this but as far as I could tell he NEVER changed his draft strategy, FA strategy or scheme based on the personnel the Bucs possessed.

As a commentator though? I think he's a hoot...he actually got Bill Bellichick to crack a smile yesterday! That's unpossible!

He is funny - quick witted!

Let's goooooo!!!

Wow, I know football is show business not show friends, but this is pretty cold:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/25/...-a-smokescreen/

To summarize: the Bucs owe Leftwich nothing if the cut him, so his signing was nothing more than an effort to mask their desire for Freeman. So odds are Leftwich is going to be unceremoniously dumped a week after thinking he'd found a place to play.