Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcons_own_nfc_south

2009 NFL Draft Official Thread

3,084 posts in this topic

Don't forget there are still some very good players we can get in UDFA. right now my list would include: Mike Mickens, Zack Follett, Cameron Morrah, Lyndon Murtha, Quan Cosby, Aaron Kelly, Darius Passmore, Brannan Southerland, AQ Shipley, Cecil Newton, Jon Cooper, Jonathan Cassillas, Ashlee Palmer, Lee Robinson, Dannell Ellerbe, Darry Beckwith, Willie Williams, and Otis Wiley. We'll see how many are taken in this last round but there should be quite a few still left

JUST A THOUGHT HERE.....

Remember when TD said he wanted versatility??? Well, what if the players we drafted coupled with the returning 2nd to 4th year players we currently have fit this bill? For example, we may have a SS that could play FS and vice versa or CB that could play one of the safety positions. We could possibly develop one of the LB to play all three, or interchange our T or G. What do you all think about this as a possibility??? (In regards to the versatility the team wants)

beautiful draft :D

jerry- beautiful pick, immediate starter. td did his homework ^_^

moore- starter at SS

owens- great pick for not much publicity, perfect cover 2 corner i could see him starting in a year or 2 and being a great player

sidbury- steal of the draft, great situational pass rusher, can become every down DE

middleton- good return man, possible nickel or dime

reynolds- good depth at OT

adkins- speedy guy, good depth and possible st standout

walker- a steal at round 7, 3rd team all-american in 07, with hard work and coaching could possibly join the rotation in a couple years

now just unfa sign ryan purvis as the future TE for post-gonzo and a picture perfect draft in my eyes ^_^

beautiful draft :D

jerry- beautiful pick, immediate starter. td did his homework ^_^

moore- starter at SS

owens- great pick for not much publicity, perfect cover 2 corner i could see him starting in a year or 2 and being a great player

sidbury- steal of the draft, great situational pass rusher, can become every down DE

middleton- good return man, possible nickel or dime

reynolds- good depth at OT

adkins- speedy guy, good depth and possible st standout

walker- a steal at round 7, 3rd team all-american in 07, with hard work and coaching could possibly join the rotation in a couple years

now just unfa sign ryan purvis as the future TE for post-gonzo and a picture perfect draft in my eyes ^_^

would much rather have cameron morrah, purvis wouldn't make the team, but i agree with your assesment of the draft

Wow. Captain Munneryln should have kept his *ss at South Carolina.

He left school as a junior to be a 7th round pick. Moron.

i don't think anyone said he was intelligent