YOU be the GM Tomorrow..

SacFalcFan

Okay you are playing TD. You have the 24th pick in the draft. You have a possible dorsey deal on the table. What do YOU do? Not what you think TD does, but what would you do with that pick? If you would pick and not make the dorsey deal, who do you think will be available and who would you take? what position would you target. Put your GM hat on and make that deal/pick (trading back isn't an option)..

There isn't a right or wrong answer here folks.. so don't critique each other.. I just would like to see a consensus from the board.

Dorsey for no more than the 1st and a 4th. Maybe JA98, the 24th, and a 3rd round swap.

I just can't think about giving up a second or third. I'm kind of hoping that the Giants are really hard up for Heyward-Bey and we can get their 29th and one of their seconds.(I know wishful thinking) If that happens I'd be all over 1st) either English, Butler or Alphonso Smith 2) Sintim, Delmas, Brace, Rashad Johnson or Sherrod Martin. (Any 2 of those)

If we stick it out at 24, I'd go Cushing, Matthews, Maybin, or English in the 1st.

Hopefully something works out. That said, I'm glad TD is our guy, and I'm not. I'm sure I'll like what he does no matter what.

Dorsey for the 2nd the Chiefs were looking for this year or draft one of the hybrid DE/OLB's which are plentiful this year. This will help fill in the question marks with JA98 or at least fill in at OLB. Then S or CB 3rd. G or OT 4th and the fastest receiver in the 5th for development and return duties. Then BPA for development and depth. Chase Coffman is still intriguing at the right price but I believe he just moved down on the priority scale for a few years.

I would give our 1st and a 5th for Dorsey.

Or I would pick : Malcolm Jenkins (If he falls...), Peria Jerry, Brian Cushing, Larry English.

Or I would pick : Malcolm Jenkins (If he falls...), Peria Jerry, Brian Cushing, Larry English.

Bump

If I could get Dorsey with a 1st and 5th I'd do that. He would start at the nose tackle with Lewis backing him up. Actually I'd let them two compete at training camp. Even if Lewis does turn out to be as good as we all hope, it doesn't hurt to have a couple extra really good linemen.

I would almost never take a CB in the 1st round unless he was an absolute game changer in college, for more than one year, and I mean a phenomenon. A Nnamdi/Deion type guy. Those type CB's do improve the rest of the defense.

But if I couldn't get Dorsey I would take English as my pick. He would compete with Davis for the starting job at left DE. Anderson would back up both LE and UT. Draft Ron Brace in the 2nd. Him and Lewis would compete for starting job at NT. Who ever loses is the backup.

Hope like heck that Chevis can step it up a little bit more, and Hutchins gets back to playing and makes TD look even more genious.

Draft an outside backer to compete with Nicholas in the outside backer spot.

Coleman will be moved over to Strong safety and Decoud will be our Free Safety.

If the Chiefs offer us Dorsey for #24 only, I do that no matter who is on the board (unless Curry is ^_^ )

If they ask for #24 and a 4rd, I do it if I can't get one of the 4 top OT's, Brown, Malcom Jenkins, Orakpo, Raji or Curry. If I can get one of those, I take them.

If they ask for #24 and a 3rd, I would add Matthews and Laurinaitis to the list (but NOT Cushing - 2 down player). If I can get one of those, I take them.

If the above players aren't on the board, I ask all the teams below me in the 1st if they want to trade up. If Arizona wants Moreno, the Giants want Heyward-Bey, the Titans want Butler etc, then I trade down, pick up an extra 3rd, then send my now lower 1st rounder and the 3rd that I pick up (i.e. we would still have a 2nd and 3rd round pick) to the Chiefs for Dorsey.

If I can't trade down and none of my stud players are available, I try to trade #24 and Anderson to KC for Dorsey and a swap of 3rds. If they take this, I snag Sidbury in the 2nd to rotate at RDE with Abraham and install Davis on the left side. I then use my early 3rd rounder to hopefully take Marcus Freeman.

If KC won't take this deal, I try to trade #24 for a high 2nd and a high 3rd this year or a low 2nd and 2010 1st with any interested party.

If no biters on any of that, I probably bite the bullet, and trade our 1st and 3rd for Dorsey, and pray that I can hit on my 2nd round pick (which I would have to do for this to work). At least it would keep the Pioli/TD friendship intact, which might be important in the future.

Okay you are playing TD. You have the 24th pick in the draft. You have a possible dorsey deal on the table. What do YOU do? Not what you think TD does, but what would you do with that pick? If you would pick and not make the dorsey deal, who do you think will be available and who would you take? what position would you target. Put your GM hat on and make that deal/pick (trading back isn't an option)..

There isn't a right or wrong answer here folks.. so don't critique each other.. I just would like to see a consensus from the board.

Give Kansas our 1st rd and 4th rd for Dorsey. Now thats a steal!

I wouldn't make the trade. Babs has turned into a good player at UT. We need a heavy NT which Dorsey is not. Also KC seems to be wanting picks so they are asking for two picks. No way. If any of the USC LBs or Laurinitis or DE Maybin are still available I would select them. If not then i would consider trading down.

My choices:

1) draft LB or DE at 24

2) Trade Down if none available

3) Do neither; consider best available defensive player on board

when reeves was here i would have LOVED to be GM. even when mckay took over there are a lot of picks he made that i wanted too, but there were some head scratchers that i would have over ridden if i could, but with dimitroff, he impresses me so much, i just want to sit back and enjoy the ride. he is by far the greatest GM in our history. i hope he gets dorsey for us, even if it is for our 1st and 2nd rd picks.