Man, this draft really does lack "special" players.

Kayoh

In 2007, everybody knew that guys like Calvin Johnson, LaRon Landry, and Adrian Peterson were going to be special in the NFL. Even last season, everybody knew that guys like Jake Long, Matty Ice, and Glenn Dorsey would be special players. I just don't see that kind of star power in this year's draft. Other than Michael Crabtree, and maybe Aaron Curry...there really isn't much.

Does anybody else see this? Or am I just crazy? I mean, even Curry isn't necessarily a superstar, he's just one of those "can't miss" prospects that has a very high floor.

Drafts get put down almost every year, every draft is suppose to be less deep than the next one. There are plenty of good players in this draft, you just have to find them. I really think guys like Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe, Knowshon Moreno will be great pros.

I have to agree with the starter of this thread. Even in college a lot of these guys werent that spectacular. The "USC linebackers" werent all that special, Stafford was a pretty good QB, but he never had a lot of buzz about his abilities to perform at the next level, Beanie didnt do so bad when he was on the field, same for Moreno, both of those were pretty solid. Everyone is sold on Aaron Curry and I have to say Im on that bandwagon as well. Dude is pretty beastly, but what if he ends up being another......gulp........Gholston?I think if anything it will be a lot of later round picks that may very well end up being the nice surpirses of this year. People like hakeem nicks if he falls to the second, Rashad Johnson is another one I see performing rather decent in the pros. Just ppl like that, but overall I think next years draft is going to be a WHOLE lot different. A lot of talent coming out next year and I think a lot of teams will be licking their chops trying to get some of those players.

I think you are overestimating previous drafts. In 07 I think Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson. Wouldn't have said most people thought LaRon Landry was going to be special.

In 08 Glen Dorsey, Matt Ryan, Jake Long.

This year... the OTs really are special. Jason Smith + Eugene Monroe. Then you have Crabtree and Curry (who I think is the best OLB to come out in years).

i dont see what your seeing, the thing is that thier is alot of depth this year at OT that isnt a flashy position but a very important one, and i think this is a **** of a draft, you have 5 OT's that are capable of playing very well on the left side, Smith,Monroe,Andre,Oher, and then later on you have Briton, also have one of the most complete LB's in recent draft history which is Aaron Curry, you have 2 great QB prospects in Stafford and Sanchez, and the thing is I hear this every year, "This draft isnt very good, But next years draft is going to be alot better and deep with talent" the thing is once you get close to draft time alot of players lose thier hype

In 2007, everybody knew that guys like Calvin Johnson, LaRon Landry, and Adrian Peterson were going to be special in the NFL. Even last season, everybody knew that guys like Jake Long, Matty Ice, and Glenn Dorsey would be special players. I just don't see that kind of star power in this year's draft. Other than Michael Crabtree, and maybe Aaron Curry...there really isn't much.

Does anybody else see this? Or am I just crazy? I mean, even Curry isn't necessarily a superstar, he's just one of those "can't miss" prospects that has a very high floor.

You left out Patrick Willis from 2007. He was a guy you knew was going to be a beast. Sadly we picked the guy that everyone knew was going to be a bust. Yeah us!

I think the thing with this draft is that you don't have a lot sexy positions getting drafted early. Stafford is the most talented QB to come out in a while but there's no such thing as a can't miss QB. In most people's top 10's you have 3 to 4 offensive tackles. You then have a couple linebackers thrown in. Just not a lot of sexy positions.

This happens every draft, because its been 4 months since weve seen them play they have become over analyzed and we start looking ahead to next seasons draft and thinking that those players are all better than this years draft class.

exactly, this time last year we were all looking ahead to this years draft, i remember Michael Johnson, James Lauaranitis, were top 5 picks, Michael Oher was the best OT ever