With the Falcons implementing aspects

falconchef

i think Dorsey is gonna be a impact player for years to come i want our team getting younger not older.

it doesnt matter what you think. thats such ridiculous gamble. your not a talent evaluator i dont know how you can sit there and say you would give up so much for someone like dorsey coming off a poor rookie season and the team that drafted him 5th overall wanting to unload him! forget the scheme issues, forget the fact that he was a rookie; SOMETHING IS FISHY THERE!

Why is it so great that we trade for Dorsey? Aren't we pretty solid at that position? I understand that you should always have valuable depth at each position, but Dorsey is a starter and we've already re-signed our starter in Babs this year...it wouldn't make sense to re-sign one player, then trade picks for another player at the same position.

1) Peppers hasn't even signed his tender, so he can't be traded to ANY team.

2) Even if he could, Carolina would NOT trade him within their own division.

3) Even if they did, it's too large of a gamble for what we'd have to give for him.

4) No.

So that being the case, we could negotiate a contract with Peppers, then take a franchise tag counter offer (A first, second, and maybe late round next year) to the Panthers. They'd have to consider it really hard, having an upset player for one more year or getting all that in return.

I would like to point out that if we do trade for Dorsey, I will be in complete favor of that as well. I just think we might be able to make the same sort of deal for Peppers.

Money-wise, Peppers would cost exponentially more, I realize. I'm very intrigued by the fact (as some other posters have pointed out in different threads) that we could get Dorsey for what would be considered a bargain price, with Kansas City already having eaten up most of his bonus and guaranteed money. That prospect has sweetened the Dorsey deal in my eyes, and probably TD's.

Steve Wyche reported on NFL Network that Mike Smith was going to begin installing some 3-4 defensive schemes into our playbook. Knowing this, I'd rather give a first and second to Carolina for Julius Peppers than give the same to KC for Glen Dorsey.

Discuss

Not going to use it every down or that often. Our 4-3 version is almost like the 3-4 anyways in passing situations. This was all a set of Captain Obvious implications.

I think we are going to take Larry English at #24. He could play LBer in the 3-4 and he could switch to passrusher in the 4-3. Perfect fit. I don't think we trade for either of them.

That would also be fine... We don't give up anyting for anybody, and TD drafts us a defense like he created for us an offense!!