Stafford is no.1 pick; but what record do UGA fans think they would have had with Sanchez at QB this year?

southga08

Worst actually. we would have lost probably the kentucky game with sanchez at qb at least.. so we would have been 9-4 or 8-5 with sanchez.. moving this to the college sports forum since you are talking about our college team.

That is cool. I am not a UGA fan, I just thought it was a legit question and I didn't want to ask it until one of the QBs were taken (now that Stafford has signed). There a lot of UGA fans on here and I wondered what they thought. They both got strong arms, and Sanchez is regarded as having more of a swagger, which UGA seemed to be missing last year.

(.......Rethinking the post). I guess the problem with my question is in the games UGA lost, Sanchez probably could not have helped much. UF and Bama were blowouts so I don't think that would help. Stafford played really well against GT but can't help that his defense got ran over.

That is cool. I am not a UGA fan, I just thought it was a legit question and I didn't want to ask it until one of the QBs were taken (now that Stafford has signed). There a lot of UGA fans on here and I wondered what they thought. They both got strong arms, and Sanchez is regarded as having more of a swagger, which UGA seemed to be missing last year.

(.......Rethinking the post). I guess the problem with my question is in the games UGA lost, Sanchez probably could not have helped much. UF and Bama were blowouts so I don't think that would help. Stafford played really well against GT but can't help that his defense got ran over.

I don't think we would have been better (as you commented in your last sentence) since our losses were on defense more so than offense, but i think we could have been worst. We just don't know how sanchez would have performed with a horrible oline against better defenses in the SEC. It would be interested to see Sanchez taken away from having a great oline with outstanding surrounding talent playing against inferior and overmatched competition week in and week out and have him play in the SEC behind the worst offensive line in the sec IMO with no TE to throw to and going with just 2 deep wrs in aj green and momass. Now they are a nice tandem, but the year before we dropped ball after ball after ball and we don't come close to the talent usc has at WR or TE (we didn't have a healthy te all year). Now i think both sanchez and stafford will succeed at the next level and the situations they start off in will determine a lot..

BTW the kentucky game IMO we lose with sanchez and we win with stafford. In the game stafford showed me how great of a leader he was and he was just amazing in that game.. his handling of momass after two straight fumbles was something that spoke volumes of what type of leader he was.

I would agree with that, except the pro part. He was better in college though. But the only reason he was better is because he started 3 years to Sanchez 1.

Stafford was better because he is the better quarterback in most facets. He played behind a bad oline against tougher competition. Sanchez played with superior talent against less competition. I like Stafford as the better pro as well, but we will see. The one stafford has dealt with is a poor oline, something he will face in Detroit.. but can sanchez? we don't know what he does behind inferior talent.

Sanchez can manage a game better so I'll say UGA would have been 11-2...

Well Sanchez sure as heck can't manage better than Stafford. We lose that kentucky game with sanchez as our qb and we probably lose that auburn game as well. So UGA would have been 9-4 or 8-5. As I said in the other thread just stop commenting on matt stafford. You are never right about him, just stop while you are behind.

Stafford was better because he is the better quarterback in most facets. He played behind a bad oline against tougher competition. Sanchez played with superior talent against less competition. I like Stafford as the better pro as well, but we will see. The one stafford has dealt with is a poor oline, something he will face in Detroit.. but can sanchez? we don't know what he does behind inferior talent.

Well Sanchez sure as heck can't manage better than Stafford. We lose that kentucky game with sanchez as our qb and we probably lose that auburn game as well. So UGA would have been 9-4 or 8-5. As I said in the other thread just stop commenting on matt stafford. You are never right about him, just stop while you are behind.

Besides arm strength what can he do better than Sanchez? And I think both will flop in the NFL. And you can't say what game you would win or lose with Sanchez. Noone knows.

Besides arm strength what can he do better than Sanchez? And I think both will flop in the NFL. And you can't say what game you would win or lose with Sanchez. Noone knows.

Nothing. Stafford has great arm strength, but isn't accurate or overly intelligent for NFL playing standards. Stafford= Russell

Nothing. Stafford has great arm strength, but isn't accurate or overly intelligent for NFL playing standards. Stafford= Russell

Stafford has exceptional arm strength and he is accurate and very intelligent. As I said you are dead wrong and you continue to prove just how blind you are in hating on a player. 3rd round pick? what? worst than bomar? what? your statement of Stafford will not be a 1st round pick.. what? keep it up you are dead wrong every time you post on Stafford..

Stafford has exceptional arm strength and he is accurate and very intelligent. As I said you are dead wrong and you continue to prove just how blind you are in hating on a player. 3rd round pick? what? worst than bomar? what? your statement of Stafford will not be a 1st round pick.. what? keep it up you are dead wrong every time you post on Stafford..

I said,"Stafford should not be picked in the first round. He is the 3rd or 4th best quarterback eligible for the draft this year." (Behind Sanchez, Bradford, and possibly Painter or Bomar)

I said,"Stafford should not be picked in the first round. He is the 3rd or 4th best quarterback eligible for the draft this year." (Behind Sanchez, Bradford, and possibly Painter or Bomar)

Bradford can't read defenses, I think Stafford isn't a great choice for a QB, but this draft class was incredibly weak. Stafford was the clear #1 QB in this class.

Wrong.. You said Stafford was a 3rd round pick at best and wouldn't be a 1st round pick.. you listed all these crazy qbs better than stafford. As I said only someone who is a hating would even try and said he is behind painter or bomar. You really don't know much about football robby. You really have shown you have no knowledge on qbs or the nfl. Bradford can't read defenses and would be in this draft the 3rd or 4th best option. Not sure if he would have been drafted ahead of freeman or not..

Bradford can't read defenses, I think Stafford isn't a great choice for a QB, but this draft class was incredibly weak. Stafford was the clear #1 QB in this class.

I think this is the best way to put it, sort of like the 2002 draft where Detroit made another mistake.

David Carr...............QB.........Fresno State............. Houston Texans

Joey Harrington.......QB.........Oregon........................Detroit Lions

Patrick Ramsey........QB.........Tulane.........................Washington Redskins

Josh McCown..........QB..........Sam Houston State...Arizona Cardinals

David Garrard...........QB..........East Carolina............Jacksonville Jaguars

Rohan Davey............QB..........LSU..........................New England Patriots

Top 6 QB's from the 02 draft only one starts currently and 3 are career back-ups.

I think this is the best way to put it, sort of like the 2002 draft where Detroit made another mistake.

David Carr...............QB.........Fresno State............. Houston Texans

Joey Harrington.......QB.........Oregon........................Detroit Lions

Patrick Ramsey........QB.........Tulane.........................Washington Redskins

Josh McCown..........QB..........Sam Houston State...Arizona Cardinals

David Garrard...........QB..........East Carolina............Jacksonville Jaguars

Rohan Davey............QB..........LSU..........................New England Patriots

Top 6 QB's from the 02 draft only one starts currently and 3 are career back-ups.

Which has nothing to do with this year's QB draft class. Last year's QB draft class was called one of the weakest in a very long time.

How did that work out? This year's draft class is better than last year's draft class at this point of both drafts. Those who claim a draft class is weak have no clue how strong it is until the players actually play and produce.

Matt Ryan......QB.......Boston College................Atlanta Falcons...............

Joe Flacco......QB......Delaware St....................Baltimore Ravens............

Top 2 QBs from last year's draft were great successes in their first seasons.

To compare Stafford to Russell is absolutely ridiculous, those two share only one similarity and that is they both have a strong arm. Stafford is incredibly accurate until hes asked to throw the deep ball and then you'll see some inconsistency. Stafford can make passes that 75% of the NFL QBs can't make, thats why scouts have been so big on him the past few years and thats why he just went #1. You put Tebow, McCoy, and Bradford in this years draft and you'd still see the scouts picking Stafford to go #1. You can't judge players based on numbers alone because numbers are directly affected by the circumstances the player has to play in and no one had it tougher than Stafford. Unforunately for Stafford, the past two seasons UGA has been grooming the offensive line. Obviously he has to improve his entire game for the NFL like any college player but the two things specifically that I thought he lacked in College is his leadership role and consistently throwing the deep ball accurately. I'm not saying hes not a leader nor am I saying he can't accurately throw a deep ball, but in my opinion he definitely can make some improvements there. But anyone that compares him to Russel obviously haven't watched either of them play.

I said before Stafford threw a pass in college that he would be the 1st pick of whatever draft he came out of (along with a ton of other people) and that was for good reason. He's an incredible talent suited more for the NFL. I think he's going to be a better version of Jay Cutler (on and off the field).