Since Mularky's System Doesn't Use Pass Catching Tight Ends...

formul8or

listen, do you really think TD and Coach smith are going to bring in a guy with out any idea of how thier going to use him? for real, has TD made a single move with out it having a purpose, for real if Mularkey couldnt use TG we wouldnt have traded for him, the fact that we did trade for him proves wrong that Mularkey doesnt use TE's fact is he never had a good one until now, really people, think before you post.

listen, do you really think TD and Coach smith are going to bring in a guy with out any idea of how thier going to use him? for real, has TD made a single move with out it having a purpose, for real if Mularkey couldnt use TG we wouldnt have traded for him, the fact that we did trade for him proves wrong that Mularkey doesnt use TE's fact is he never had a good one until now, really people, think before you post.

Something about this is deliciously ironic.

Something about this is deliciously ironic.

what do you mean?

i dont understand you guys, TD brought the guy in, do you think that Mularkey was left out of this decision, TD and Coach Smith dont work like that, we have a very close staff and they work as one, that is why we went from 4-12 to 11-5 in 1 year with a rookie QB, TG was a great pick up and I guarantee we have some big plans for him...one thing you have to consider is with Tony G thier will be no more 8 man fronts for Turner, so the running game will open up alot more, and that will open up things deep for Roddy, our offense is going to rival the Colts offense a few years ago. thats just my opinion, but im a diehard fan and i support the moves this team makes until they are proven to be wrong, it worked with Matt Ryan, it's gonna work out with Tony G

The system will just have to evolve, won't it. The fact that Mularky's offense isn't tight-end-centric doesn't mean that he doesn't know what a tight end is - that was his position as a player for crying out loud. You'll see the offense open up, you'll see opposing safeties get dragged out of the box, helping the run game. You'll see Michael Turner being just as effective with fewer carries, which might be the single biggest benefit of this whole deal. Andf of course, there's no need now to use a draft pick on the position.

His main reasons of why he is here is to improve our red zone efficiency, 3rd down conversions, and bail Matt out when he has pressure in his face....He also is an underrated blocker....There is no way TD just traded for TG w/o consulting Mularkey about it...I am sure Mularkey can open up his playbook for more TE plays...It's really not that hard...

Found this nugget on Mularkey's bio: "In his only season working with the Bucs tight ends, Jackie Harris hauled in a team-best 62 passes for 751 yards to become one of just three tight ends in the team’s history to stand atop the club’s yearly receiving chart."

It wasn't his fault that his #1 TEs for the majority of his offensive coordinator/coaching career were Mark Bruener and Robert Royal.

For all of you that pointed out Mularky's system doesn't use pass catching TE's, what are we going to do now that we have Gonzalez? Did we bring him in just for his blocking ability? Are we gonna get rid of Mularky?

Please explain.

you are an idiot

For all of you that pointed out Mularky's system doesn't use pass catching TE's, what are we going to do now that we have Gonzalez? Did we bring him in just for his blocking ability? Are we gonna get rid of Mularky?

Please explain.

I do love what Thomas D said when asked about this he said "We got tony gonzalez for this team and this offense and he will be used in our passing game."

Mularkey's defense doesn't use a pass catching TE? Really...

Our tight ends could never catch the ball :P Its more for blocking but remember Mularkey was a Tight end, He was a tight ends coach, I think he knows how to use them if he has a good one. I think Gonzalez fits that mold. :P

The topic creator's post was sarcastic. He was making fun of people saying that Mularkey rarely utilizes his tight ends. You took his post seriously, and added "think before you post." It was ironic.

well i was speaking in general to the people who are against the Gonzalez trade because of the same reason, i just read the title and posted quickly so i may have missed the sarcasm, but i still mean what i said to whoever thinks this trade was a bad idea because mularkey doesnt use TE's