In regards to Offensive tackles, is everyone forgetting about...

He's 6'7" 340 and he started at left tackle 2 years ago as a rookie. From what I remember, he played pretty good. He got hurt last year and I haven't heard anyone mention him in regards to the O-line.

He's in his second year and he could really develop into something this year too....especially with Boudreau here now.

Just sayin'..............

I try not to count on injured players like Foster and Trey Lewis to come in and still be good after over a year of inactivity.

I don't get this concept when players come back from knee injuries back to 100% all the time. They both have had plenty of time to get back to 100%. The only slight concern I have about Trey is that he reinjured it because it wasn't healing right. That is rare but happens but they went back in and redid the surgery successfully. I think these guys will be more than fine. I've been talking about Foster at RT for a while now. At least he can add depth for both Tackle positions.

He was an UDFA from Louisville in 07 (Patrino's college team)

I hope he can make it back

He was good in the Patrino/Zimmer power block scheme

but I do not know how he will fit into the blocking scheme of Smith/Mularkey

It's actually a similar blocking scheme. Both were based on a power running attack, even though Petrino's didn't work, and pass protection is pass protection. He was athletic enough to play LT so he should be able to slide to RT with ease.

I try not to count on injured players like Foster and Trey Lewis to come in and still be good after over a year of inactivity.

Finneran??? The FO kept him on the roster (IR) for 2 years because they thought he could come back. They did not cut him loose.

It is tricky when you have players that have shown that they could be very good players when it comes to drafting. Much trickier in the Lewis situation than the Foster situation. Foster is a backup and we would only be counting on him if somebody got hurt. But with Lewis if he is healthy, he is probably going to beat out any rookie we bring in, so it is hard to spend a first round draft pick on a DT that may not even crack the starting lineup and only used in a rotation, when you have other positions where a first round guy would be playing a majority of the snaps. So you are almost forced to just bring in a depth guy and play the wait and see approach. If the guy stays hurt another year, then you can feel comfortable bringing in a higher dollar guy. (BTW the Falcons have Lewis for real cheap.)