Stafford is finally a LION

Bring It

I dont buy it until it is on rotoworld.com, espn, or some other source.

It's on AJC and on NFL.com. You can all stop your ridiculous speculation about how he won't be the #1 pick now. Get used to it.

"A source inside the Detroit Lions organization told NFL.com’s Thomas George that neither the team nor QB Matthew Stafford believe any differences in contract talks will stop the Georgia quarterback from becoming the No. 1 overall pick in Saturday’s draft."

Stafford fits at Detroit(but I still think Sanchez is the more complete QB) Pairing him with Calvin Johnson(very ironic) is going to be great for the Lions...Stafford has a bigger arm than Sanchez and Calvin has the ability to make plays like Fitz. does for the Cardinals on less accurate throws.

Sanchez will fit in whatever system inherits him :D

Stafford fits at Detroit(but I still think Sanchez is the more complete QB) Pairing him with Calvin Johnson(very ironic) is going to be great for the Lions...Stafford has a bigger arm than Sanchez and Calvin has the ability to make plays like Fitz. does for the Cardinals on less accurate throws.

Sanchez will fit in whatever system inherits him :D

Sanchez will be a bust.

Pete Carroll said Sanchez wasn't ready. Nuff said.

Pete Carroll didn't want to lose him. He retracted.

Carson Palmer turned out pretty good. Leinart will be good once he gets done partyin. I watched his first regular season NFL game live at the dome. Warner couldn't do anything but Leinart drove them up and down the field. Booty doesn't have the talent of Leinart, Palmer, or Sanchez, but I still think he is a servicable back up.

Carson Palmer turned out pretty good. Leinart will be good once he gets done partyin. I watched his first regular season NFL game live at the dome. Warner couldn't do anything but Leinart drove them up and down the field. Booty doesn't have the talent of Leinart, Palmer, or Sanchez, but I still think he is a servicable back up.

well put....well put

Carson Palmer was good, but there is no indication that Matt Leinart will ever amount to anything. Booty is a backup QB at best, and he'll likely never take a snap in the NFL.

Sanchez played less than ANY of those aforementioned QBs, and was the least ready of any of them, which is what Carroll said. He didn't retract anything. He may have clarified so it didn't sound like he was just being bitter, but he was very clear that he didn't think Sanchez was ready. So if you think Carroll is so great at developing QB's, then you are also forced to admit that Sanchez isn't ready. He'll probably end up like Matt Leinart, riding the bench behind some other QB who is willing to work harder.

Sanchez will be the better pro QB.. I dont think Stafford will be a bust, but Sanchez will be great.

You may be right but I don't necessarily think that Sanchez is that much more gifted than Stafford. I think that if Sanchez goes to the Jets, Redskins, or Broncos, his surrounding team will be significantly better than the Lions thus making the path to success easier. It's going to be tough for Stafford. He has to put the whole franchise on his back after going 0-16. The only QB in NFL history who has faced that before is whatever schlep the Bucs threw out there the year after they went O for season.