Detroit and Stafford

Vicious

I almost feel bad for the Lion fans.

After Ryan and Flacco, if Stafford doesn't win at least 8 games they are going to be ready to run him out of town.

And then his confidence gets shot and he turns into Tim Couch.

Yeah, he is definitely stepping into a minefield.

Everbody is gonna look to him to save the franchise.

I don't think Ryan had that kind of pressure. It worked out that he saved the franchise, but I think everbody was surprised it happened right away.

After Ryan and Flacco, if Stafford doesn't win at least 8 games they are going to be ready to run him out of town.

My thoughts too. To me it is the worst case scenario for the Lions and Stafford. They are writing him a huge check which means the fans will expect him to play so he can pull a ryan. They will either hold firm and let him ride the bench which will enrage the fans even more or they give in and let him play. They are not ready for a rookie qb so if he plays he is going to spend most of his first year staring at the sky.

jesus rookie cap please.

I know, right? And I say that as one of the staunchest capitalist pigs you'll ever meet. After all, this is America, and I'm all for a guy making as much money - legally - as he can. But for a totally UNPROVEN rookie, who hasn't taken a single snap in the NFL, to come into the league making more money than veterans who have put their bodies on the line for years is absurd! :angry:

Yeah, he is definitely stepping into a minefield.

Everbody is gonna look to him to save the franchise.

I don't think Ryan had that kind of pressure. It worked out that he saved the franchise, but I think everbody was surprised it happened right away.

What they need is vick. If he can play they will get him cheap and it would take all the heat off of stafford next year.

What they need is vick. If he can play they will get him cheap and it would take all the heat off of stafford next year.

I still think Vick would be a big PR nightmare, but Detroit is probably the only place where he would improve morale :lol:

If they haven't ran the team out of town, they shouldn't bother Stafford.

If they win the first game, he will be crowned King Of Detroit.

I still think Vick would be a big PR nightmare, but Detroit is probably the only place where he would improve morale :lol:

Well he will get a ton of PR good and bad which is why stafford can fly under the radar for a year and let them go through another draft. It is good for Vick too because he can sign a single year deal for cheap then maybe do better in FA next year.

I am ready to be flamed for this but why not: The times that I say Stafford in action I did not think that he was a first draft caliber QB.....seems like there are stronger QB's coming? I know that Stafford has nothing on Ryan.

I have said the same thing.

But I saw him play so few times, I figured I hadn't given him a fair chance.

Anyway, Steve Young seems to like Sanchez better than Stafford.