Do we still take a TE in the later rounds?

hakim24

If Cameron Morrah is there in the 5th, I still think we take him despite the Gonzo signing.

My reasoning behind this is He would be a GREAT developmental TE who could learn from one of the best pass catching TEs in the game in TG AND from one of the best blocking TE's in the league in Ben Hartsock.

Gonzo gives us 4 years tops (I am thinking 2-3) and we still need someone who can be waiting in the wings..... that guy could be Cameron Morrah.

The Gonzo signing is big because we do not have to draft a TE early in this draft, but someone to develop behind him would be great in the latter part of this draft.

If Cameron Morrah is there in the 5th, I still think we take him despite the Gonzo signing.

My reasoning behind this is He would be a GREAT developmental TE who could learn from one of the best pass catching TEs in the game in TG AND from one of the best blocking TE's in the league in Ben Hartsock.

Gonzo gives us 4 years tops (I am thinking 2-3) and we still need someone who can be waiting in the wings..... that guy could be Cameron Morrah.

The Gonzo signing is big because we do not have to draft a TE early in this draft, but someone to develop behind him would be great in the latter part of this draft.

I think so to, that leaves on of the current TE out of luck or are we going to put Morrah on the Practice Squad.

I'm liking the thinking, but we have a lot more thin positions than TE, so I don't think one will get drafted. Maybe UDFA though.

Morrah brings something to the table that none of our other TE's have besides Gonzalez...... the ability to be a great pass catcher.

I would love a lineup of TG, Morrah, and Hartsock.

Morrah will probably be active. I think Peelle will be out of luck.

yeah i was thinking Peelle would be the victim, did we resign him during the offseason or am i just trippin. I definitley think that Radar and Zinger are gone, but we might keep Zinger on the PC

Morrah brings something to the table that none of our other TE's have besides Gonzalez...... the ability to be a great pass catcher.

I would love a lineup of TG, Morrah, and Hartsock.

I agree that it would be a great addition.

It's just that you are sacrificing much-needed depth at other positions (OL LB DB) for a position which I think we are loaded at. Like I said maybe a TE in UDFA or in the draft next year.

I agree that it would be a great addition.

It's just that you are sacrificing much-needed depth at other positions (OL LB DB) for a position which I think we are loaded at. Like I said maybe a TE in UDFA or in the draft next year.

If we use early picks on defense, like TD says, we can afford to use a 5th rounder on a TE. I do not think we are loaded. I think we have a bunch of blocking TEs who do not have the ability to catch passes.

I know we added some depth with Svtieck/Romberg and I am pretty sure that we will draft a RT like T.J. Lang in the 3rd or Eben Britton in the 1st. We also have Renardo Foster coming back and he showed a bunch of potential.

Without a trade, I think two our of our 1st 3 picks will be LB and DB.

I really like the idea of Matt's old BC TE Ryan Purvis, perhaps as an undrafted FA.

I don't. He just doesn't seem like he will be able to get separation in the NFL. He ran like a 4.95 in the 40..... that is O-Lineman type speed.

He doesn't really have much upside imo.

I don't. He just doesn't seem like he will be able to get separation in the NFL. He ran like a 4.95 in the 40..... that is O-Lineman type speed.

He doesn't really have much upside imo.

Brandon Pettigrew ran a 4.83 in the forty at the combine, and he will be selected in the first round.

Brandon Pettigrew ran a 4.83 in the forty at the combine, and he will be selected in the first round.

But he is more proven as both a blocker and pass catcher. He was a top 15 pick, but since that day we saw him drop. The only team that I see taking him in the 1st is the Bills at 28.... that's it.

But think about what all the experts said after he ran that 4.83. He can't stretch the field and might have trouble getting separation in the NFL. Those are 2 big ? marks that I am glad we do not have to deal with now.

But he is more proven as both a blocker and pass catcher. He was a top 15 pick, but since that day we saw him drop. The only team that I see taking him in the 1st is the Bills at 28.... that's it.

But think about what all the experts said after he ran that 4.83. He can't stretch the field and might have trouble getting separation in the NFL. Those are 2 big ? marks that I am glad we do not have to deal with now.

But I'm still talking the difference between a first-round draft choice (Pettigrew) and a possible undrafted FA (Purvis). Big difference between the two, but their forty times are not that much different and that is the point I was trying to make.

I think we take a TE next year. TG has 2-3 years left barring injury. We get a TE next year, and we give him time to learn without using a pick this year.

I think we'll use one to two picks on offense. But I believe they'll be offensive linemen.

I see your point but I don't think we do this year. Maybe next year. I think this year will be all defense with maybe one o-lineman.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of taking a TE, but I'd rather go o-line or defense late simply because there's more of an opportunity to earn a roster spot in those spots. I'd be in favor of a TE pick if Hartsock is no longer in the team's plans; otherwise, we're basically saying the kid has to go out there and beat Peelle in camp.

That being said, it's obviously a deep TE draft and it would be hard to say no if great value happened to be staring us in the face in round 5 or later.

i am pretty sure we will draft a TE in the later rd. it make sense as Tony G will be preparing him to replace him. the guy has that kind of character. he is a willing participant to help him teammates and his understudies. could be a purvis reunion. though he lacks a ton of talent in the passing side. but c'mon, future HOF TE grooming purvis. it makes for a nice little project.

No I think Morrah goes active roster, and we cut ties with Rader, Zinger and possibly Peele.

That would leave us with Gonzalez, Hartsock, and Morrah. That would be a nice trio of TE's

This is what I would like to see (or something similar). I wouldn't mind taking Quinn, or the best blocking TE who can catch, and let him be in on some of the 2 TE sets with Gonzalez. Lots of threats there.

This is what I would like to see (or something similar). I wouldn't mind taking Quinn, or the best blocking TE who can catch, and let him be in on some of the 2 TE sets with Gonzalez. Lots of threats there.

I love Richard Quinn, I really hope the Jets can snatch him up.