Glenn Dorsey is already a Falcon.... check this out!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.................. well lets just say TD is going to wait until the #90 pick in the draft for safety and select Chip Vaughn of Wake Forrest, or Rashad Johnson of Alabama if the fall right. Then based on our needs these would be the players left for us at #55 that might be of interest?? This is based off of the Sporting News publication of the top 100 prospects.............

Since DT and TE has been filled by this trade, and we are waiting until #90 to pick a safety....... that leaves

DE

LB

CB

OT

DE

Paul Kruger of Utah ( Falcons worked out)

Lawrence Sidbury of Richmond

Jarron Gilbert of San Jose State (Falcons worked out)

LB

Danny Beckwith of LSU (Falcons worked out)

Marcus Freeman of Ohio State

Tyrone Mckenzie of South Florida (Falcons worked out)

Cody Brown of UCONN

CB

Mike Mickens of Cincinnati

Asher Allen of Georgia (Falcons worked out)

Sherrod Martin of Troy (Falcons worked out)

Victor Harris of VT

OT

Jamon Meredith of South Carolina

Duke Robinson of Oklahoma listed as a Guard or possible RT (Falcons worked out)

Herman Johnson of LSU

ok here is a great mock for you

DT Glenn Dorsey (Trade with KC)

#2 DE Jarron Gilbert of San Jose or DE Paul Kruger of Utah ( Falcons worked both out)

#3 S Chip Vaughn Wake Forrest ( Falcons worked out)

#4 LB Kaluka Maiava USC ( Falcons worked out)

#5a Center\Guard A.Q Shipley Penn State ( Falcons worked out)

#5b CB Cary Harris USC ( Falcons worked out)

#6 OT Andrew Gardner GT (Falcons worked out)

Imagine a DL on running downs

DE Jamal Anderson

DT Trey Lewis

DT Glenn Dorsey

DE Chauncy Davis

Passing downs

DE Jarron Gilbert or Paul Kruger

DT Babs

DT Glenn Dorsey ... Rotate some with Trey Lewis

DE ABE

Think QBS would be scared lol

This is some extremely creative thinking and if anything were to come outside the square I could live with this scenario happily.What I like most is that you have fixed all our needs upfront instantly.Good work.. ;)

DT Glenn Dorsey (Trade with KC)

#2 DE Jarron Gilbert of San Jose or DE Paul Kruger of Utah ( Falcons worked both out)

#3 S Chip Vaughn Wake Forrest ( Falcons worked out)

#4 LB Kaluka Maiava USC ( Falcons worked out)

#5a Center\Guard A.Q Shipley Penn State ( Falcons worked out)

#5b CB Cary Harris USC ( Falcons worked out)

#6 OT Andrew Gardner GT (Falcons worked out)

I am really salivating now

Why would the Giants want to move up to draft Heyward-Bey when there are a plethora of talented WR's in this draft?

Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, or Percy Harvin is going to be available to draft when the Giants select. There's no reason for them to trade up to get Heyward-Bey.

better yet, why would the chiefs not want our 1st and 3rd and turn our 1st into another 2nd and 3rd, or late 1st and 3rd.

TD is awesome, but seriously, do you guys really believe that every other GM out there is that stupid? the chiefs are trying to get picks. they're not going to sit around and watch us increase our draft picks while theirs decrease. think about it.

Why would the Giants want to move up to draft Heyward-Bey when there are a plethora of talented WR's in this draft?

Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, or Percy Harvin is going to be available to draft when the Giants select. There's no reason for them to trade up to get Heyward-Bey.

Only from a Gator Fan.................. lmao Jk congrats on the NC and better enjoy riding Tebow one more year.

Lets see how I can answer best.......do your research

1) Giants own 10 picks in this draft- they will not want to use them all on players when they have just a few holes to fill on their roster.

2) Darrius Heyward-Bey as a receiver fits the Giants offense like a glove, 6 foot 2 with 4.25 speed, Eli Manning will go bananas over this pick. He also fits the offenses and needs of the Dolphins at #25 and the Ravens at #26

3) The Giants have two third round picks..........enough said

Hakeem Nicks would be an option as well

Kenny Britt is kind of a project, great height but not fast

Percy Harvin is a special athlete type that would fit a team with a stud wide receiver on the team. He would not be the main option at WR because he will play all over the place....

So if you had your choice and only lose 1 of 2 third round picks, and one of 10 picks total who would you want to replace Plaxico Burress??

Only from a Gator Fan.................. lmao Jk congrats on the NC and better enjoy riding Tebow one more year.

I don't think Harvin will do anything in the NFL. Doesn't mean he won't get picked in the 1st though. All he did for us was run the zone-read as an option back, receive the pitch on a veer option, or streak down the field and outrun everyone.

That's not going to work in the NFL, plus he is an incredible moron. That doesn't help either.

I will definitely enjoy riding Tebow one more year, and I'll enjoy riding the next QB that rolls through Gainesville as well :D

Bay is projected as high as #3 to OAK and will most likely go around 15(ish). A WR with his speed will not last even till the #24 pick.

I still see Bey around the #24 pick due to Crabtree ist receiver taken, and The Raiders love Jerry Maclin who is very fast with far more production in college.

But if Bey does go earlier I think it makes the Giants wanna trade that much more for #24

Because their next option is Hakeem Nicks from North Carolina and the Ravens would swoop him up before he gets to the Giants......

DE

Paul Kruger of Utah ( Falcons worked out)

Lawrence Sidbury of Richmond

Jarron Gilbert of San Jose State (Falcons worked out)

Imagine a DL on running downs

DE Jamal Anderson

DT Trey Lewis

DT Glenn Dorsey

DE Chauncy Davis

Passing downs

DE Jarron Gilbert or Paul Kruger

DT Babs

DT Glenn Dorsey ... Rotate some with Trey Lewis

DE ABE

Think QBS would be scared lol

Pretty good. But I say if we target a DE with any of those picks, we will probably throw Jamaal in with the trade (the Cheifs are in dire need of a decent "5 technique" tackle - JA's natural position; and they are rumored to be looking at Jackson at #3 - far too high for him).

Davis would then be our starting LDE.

If this were to happen, I say we trade for NY's 1st this year and a 2nd next year (replacing the pick we gave up for Gonzo).

Then, we trade that first and JA98 to the Cheifs and keep our 3rd pick.

We escape with the full amount of picks this year and next, and Pioli looks like a genius by getting a 3-4 DE and another first rounder without blowing his #3 on Jackson (which I think KC will trade to the highest bidder to whichever team wants to leap-frog Seattle for Sanchez).

Nice work thinking that all out, impresive. As I think about this it would make sense that they want to give Tony his due glory ahead of the draft. Respect the future hall of famer that has been so faithfull to KC not simply trade him to the best football team in country:) in a three way draft day deal.

Nice work thinking that all out, impresive. As I think about this it would make sense that they want to give Tony his due glory ahead of the draft. Respect the future hall of famer that has been so faithfull to KC not simply trade him to the best football team in country:) in a three way draft day deal.

I agree with you and a very good point. It makes Tony G the focus before draft to honor him rather then make him seem like just a throw in with three teams trading with each other. The focus is on him (Round 1) won, now lets see what Round 2 of this trade has for us....

That would be pretty cool. The Falcons get to trade back and get more picks and then send those picks to KC. They still keep their picks.

With that they could get:

Dorsey - DT

Michael Johnson - DE- GT

Rasard Johnson - S - Bama

That would be crazy. If you count that with the Gonzo trade and the fact that Trey Lewis is coming back healthy, the Falcons would signifigantly upgrade 5 starters this year. Probably too freaking good to be true.

That would be pretty cool. The Falcons get to trade back and get more picks and then send those picks to KC. They still keep their picks.

Dorsey - DT

Michael Johnson - DE- GT

That would be crazy. If you count that with the Gonzo trade and the fact that Trey Lewis is coming back healthy, the Falcons would signifigantly upgrade 5 starters this year. Probably too freaking good to be true.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dorsey - DT

Michael Johnson - DE- GT

As bad as Anderson is, I don't think Johnson will be an upgrade. Especially his rookie season.

As bad as Anderson is, I don't think Johnson will be an upgrade. Especially his rookie season.

That is debatable, but Johnson is so much more explosive than Anderson is and has the long arms to keep the lineman off of him when turning the corner I think he could get 7-8 sacks with the attention being drawn by Abraham, Dorsey, Babs, and Lewis.

That is my problem with JA98; he is not explosive. MJ despite what some see are weaknesses is very explosive. **** I think Dwight Freeney is terrible against the run a lot of times due to his total disregard for it, but he is explosive and can rush the passer.

Not an easy trade but if Demitrioff thinks it good for the team then I'll **** well get behind it.

one question though...

Besides a few scatterd backwater internet articles and a supposed radio report what makes everyone really excited that this might happen?

not to dampen the party or anything..

Thanks.................. well lets just say TD is going to wait until the #90 pick in the draft for safety and select Chip Vaughn of Wake Forrest, or Rashad Johnson of Alabama if the fall right. Then based on our needs these would be the players left for us at #55 that might be of interest?? This is based off of the Sporting News publication of the top 100 prospects.............

Rashad Johnson at 90 would be a nice pickup.

Not an easy trade but if Demitrioff thinks it good for the team then I'll **** well get behind it.

one question though...

Besides a few scatterd backwater internet articles and a supposed radio report what makes everyone really excited that this might happen?

not to dampen the party or anything..

Because I am TD........... lol jk

Well it is just playing a hunch just like everyone else.... I do think TD and Mike Smith want Glenn Dorsey because Smith loves Big inside guys on his defensive line. I had heard last year that they were close to picking Dorsey, but Ryans moxy and football intelligence won them over.

KC wants to make a deal because of scheme change to 3-4 and start over with their players. KC needs to get more value with this trade so I am thinking they will want two picks for Dorsey.

Our pick at #24 is in a great place for trading down because of the LBS and Wide Receivers

And the Giants really want a big receiver for Eli Manning, if you watched their offense after Plaxico got suspended they were lost................

So this deal would be a win, win, win for all three teams