Panthers message board

marcVA

So i'm in the Panthers message board seeing what they thought about our trade with KC and these are some of the things they said:

"Atlanta continues to improve while we.....uh.......well at least we're not the Sucks or the Aints! "

"It's a good short term move for them. He'll be an upgrade for a year or two. But they give up a 2nd rounder which could potentially be a great player for 6-10+ years. Reminds me of the Redskins trading for Jason Taylor. "

"i think this is a good deal..no matter how long he stays..they can draft a TE in the later rounds and groom him behind one of the best in the NFL...this will suck for us but its good for them. "

____

"Ditto, just not worth giving up a high draft pick for a guy that'll be around for a year or two."

"Yeah, Gonzalez really tore us up in the Chiefs game last year... not.

I for one am glad to see Atlanta burning draft picks on older players... at best this guy is 33 and they just gave up allot of potential draft value for a guy who is on his last legs. Let's hope they continue to follow this model - they must be taking advice from the Skins. LOL "

AND THIS IS WHAT TOPPED IT OFF AND MAKE ME LOL!

"IRONY

Making fun of a team that traded for a 33 year old HOF TE when their team just signed their mediocre 34 year old QB to a 5/42 million dollar deal... "

THERE ARE SOME SMART PANTHERS FANS!! HAHAHAHA

Regarding the Delhomme signing: Delhomme is a good QB with Steve Smith active. I'd love for someone to pull the numbers for Delhomme when Smith was injured or out. I'm thinking its a significant drop. I could be wrong but it would be an interesting thing to see.

If it is a drop, could we say Steve Smith is to Delhomme what Moss was to Culpepper? Culpepper has been garbage without Moss.

"i think this is a good deal..no matter how long he stays..they can draft a TE in the later rounds and groom him behind one of the best in the NFL...this will suck for us but its good for them. "

this is one of the best part of the trade. we can take a TE in the latter rounds this year or kind of early next year depending on what we look like and TG can help groom him.

TG also brings vet leadership we needed and he can help our young offensive players but mentoring them. like dilfer said yesterday, TG has probably forgotten more football than our entire offense knows. he will also probably spend time working with roddy and the wideouts. i heard he tried several times to work with bowe but bowe kept turning him down.

"Yeah, Gonzalez really tore us up in the Chiefs game last year... not.

This kind of thing has been said at the saints board too. The difference is Gonzalez was the only thing they really had to stop on the KC offense. We already had some big weapons and now TG is just another factor. They can stop him all day but while they do we will be scoring with White, Jenkins, Turner, and Norwood.

Regarding the Delhomme signing: Delhomme is a good QB with Steve Smith active. I'd love for someone to pull the numbers for Delhomme when Smith was injured or out. I'm thinking its a significant drop. I could be wrong but it would be an interesting thing to see.

If it is a drop, could we say Steve Smith is to Delhomme what Moss was to Culpepper? Culpepper has been garbage without Moss.

In 2004, the Panthers only had Steve Smith for a half of a game before getting injured for the season and Delhomme went on to have one of his best seasons.

This kind of thing has been said at the saints board too. The difference is Gonzalez was the only thing they really had to stop on the KC offense. We already had some big weapons and now TG is just another factor. They can stop him all day but while they do we will be scoring with White, Jenkins, Turner, and Norwood.

Exactly. this move is going to extend his career a little because Gonzo won't have to carry the whole offense by himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tony G. played for 4 or 5 more years contingent on how the team is doing. If we are getting deep into playoffs each year, he will keep on going.

Dayum it sure is nice to talk about going deep into the playoffs for several years consecutively. :D