Dorsey trade in perspective

Assuming we seen DT as a critical piece to add to our team, and Dorsey would require a 1st and 3rd...

Would you prefer:

1) ziggy hood or peria jerry AND who we could get in the 3rd (good CB or safety prospect like Sherrod Martin or possibly Rashad Johnson)

or

2) Dorsey

Essentially, in the trade, we're giving up a starting DT and likely starting safety or OG, for a hopefully better DT.

I could go either way on this, and just wanted people's feedback. In the first situation, we can get a DE/OLB hybrid in round 2, and then an OLB in round 4, and we've redone the defense largely. In the second (Dorsey) situation, we'd likely take a safety in round 2, and OLB in round 4 (meaning we don't get the extra DE).

Assuming we seen DT as a critical piece to add to our team, and Dorsey would require a 1st and 3rd...

Would you prefer:

1) ziggy hood or peria jerry AND who we could get in the 3rd (good CB or safety prospect like Sherrod Martin or possibly Rashad Johnson)

or

2) Dorsey

Essentially, in the trade, we're giving up a starting DT and likely starting safety or OG, for a hopefully better DT.

I could go either way on this, and just wanted people's feedback. In the first situation, we can get a DE/OLB hybrid in round 2, and then an OLB in round 4, and we've redone the defense largely. In the second (Dorsey) situation, we'd likely take a safety in round 2, and OLB in round 4 (meaning we don't get the extra DE).

But who is to say thath Ziggy Hood or Jerry would be avaliable at our pick. You're taking a big gamble and hoping 1 of the 2 falls to us.

This draft is going to be crazy and no one knows who is going to fall and who is going to rise. This might be back up plan if we don't like what's available at #24.

Would you prefer:

or

2) Dorsey

I "hear" that Dorsey would be the number one DT in this draft (as well as last year). If that is the case, this is a good move. However, if Hood is close to Dorsey in quality, then this deal is not so good.

I "hear" that Dorsey would be the number one DT in this draft (as well as last year). If that is the case, this is a good move. However, if Hood is close to Dorsey in quality, then this deal is not so good.

I guess that's sort of my thoughts as well. (Sorry for the "seen" typo in the OP). When you're trading multiple picks, it's always hard. Instead of looking at theoretical value, I think it's good to look at the players you're giving up. If hood is close at all, you don't do it. Also, if we think we can get an NT that would accomplish a lot "in our scheme" later, you don't.

I think it's sort of a wash at a first and 3rd. I'd be equally happy with Hood and a third round safety, or with Dorsey. For a first rounder straight up (which I think is fair, given that Dorsey underwhelmed slightly in his first year, and clearly isn't a fit for KC), I think it's an easy decision.

Hood can only dream to be half as talented as Dorsey, he's not in the same league.

Has anyone figured out to what pick value on the chart it would be with the 24th+90th? Even if it added up equal to the 18th pick I would still like to see this deal done. Even if his contract is big we won't have to worry about the signing bonus, and with the signing bonus taken care of it wouldn't be out of the question to package him up and trade him at next years draft if we can't afford his contract down the road, but something tells me that he'll be a bargain and can rotate through UT and NT positions in a 4-3 defense. A D-line rotation with Abe, Davis, JA, Beirman, Babs, Dorsey and any servicable NT would take the pressure of the secondary for sure!

I honestly don't know what I'd want, so I'm just gonna roll with the punches on this one. If they trade, I'll be excited, if it's not more than a first and third. If they stay put and draft someone, I'll be excited about the potential of that player. Either way, I can't wait to see what happens.

Value would be:

740 for #24 and 140 for #90

#55 is worth 350

Pick 18 is 900 points and Pick 17 is 875

Pick 14 is 1100 and would be closer to #24 & #55 = 1090

All 3 picks are worth 1230 points valued at Pick 11 valued at 1250 points...

Nice breakdown.... I was just guessing it would be worth pick 18....Good for me!

I think dorsey is worth pick 18 but I dunno about 14 for us, I think we still need that second rounder to fill some holes with at least a potential starter... odds are we can nab someone in round 2 that can start if TD does what he does best.