ATL NYG trade?

RYNE

Per ESPN insider it says that the giants are wanting to trade up in hopes to aquire Darrius Heyward- Bey. If we took this trade it would give us and extra 2nd round pick and possibly a extra 5th. If we don't pursue the dorsey trade this is something I would like us to take a look at. Thoughts??

Giants looking to move up?

With the Braylon Edwards deal all but officially dead, the New York Giants may be looking to find another way to acquire a top-flight wide receiver. According to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News, that player seems to be Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Heyward-Bey has been on the mind of many NFL teams because of his size - 6-foot-2, 210 pounds - and the fact that he ran a comically-fast 4.23 40-yard dash at the NFL combine. It's no secret that the Giants are in need of a new standout wide receiver, and DHB could be that man. In the mock draft on Sportscenter on Thursday, Vacchiano was the media representative for the Giants, and he selected Heyward-Bey with the No. 29 pick. As he notes in the Blue Screen blog, Heyward-Bey is probably not going to be available at 29, so if he does fall, the Giants' might themselves have their pick in to Roger Goodell in about 4.23 seconds.

It's likely, then, that the Giants will have to trade up to make sure they can acquire the Maryland speedster. Going off of the draft pick value chart, and based on a scenario proposed by Vacchiano where the Giants trade their first round pick along with the proposed trade chips that they tried to use to land Edwards (a second- and fifth-rounder), the team can get as high as No. 14. That seems like a pretty big price to pay for a player whose future is as unknown as the deepest reaches of the cosmos. Furthermore, the Giants balked at the offer for Edwards because they didn't want to sacrifice their first round pick, so it doesn't seem likely that they'd want to lose it now in an effort to return a mystery commodity.

giants would give up a 2nd round pick to move up 5 spots???? When they can trade that pick for 2 years of Braylon Edwards who not only has more talent than any WR in this draft he is an established veteran. I bet you Michael Crabtree never catches 16 td's in one year in the NFL. Edwards is bigger and faster than Crabtree he just drops the ball too much

-I dont think the Braylon talks are dead

-Like the last poster said, why the would the giants trade us a 2nd rounder to move up a few spots. They would move up alot more spots for a 2nd rounder.

-I just dont see this as a possibilty. I def think the giants will move up, but not with us.

yeah idk why they would do that. BUT i would jump all over that if they wanted to hahaha. Hopefully Heyward-Bey lasts till us and the giants want to get up ahead of Miami to snatch him up. And whos there....? THE ATLANTA FALCONS. wow that be nice. Id do it for just a 3rd

Per ESPN insider it says that the giants are wanting to trade up in hopes to aquire Darrius Heyward- Bey. If we took this trade it would give us and extra 2nd round pick and possibly a extra 5th. If we don't pursue the dorsey trade this is something I would like us to take a look at. Thoughts??

Ever heard of a smokescreen?

giants would give up a 2nd round pick to move up 5 spots???? When they can trade that pick for 2 years of Braylon Edwards who not only has more talent than any WR in this draft he is an established veteran. I bet you Michael Crabtree never catches 16 td's in one year in the NFL. Edwards is bigger and faster than Crabtree he just drops the ball too much

Im guessing you didnt pay attention to Edwards last year. Dude was terrible. Dropped a ton of passes and just looked lazy.

We have ways to do both.

its quite obvious that some posters arent aware of the trade value chart system or how it works, if they were, they wouldnt try to get an addtnl 2nd rd pick for moving up 5 spots. based on the value chart either we trade our 1st rd(24) and 5th rd(138) for giants 1st rd(29) and 3rd rd(91) or we trade our 1st rd(24) for giants 2nd rd(45) and (60) picks. i wud make either one of those trades, there is no way we wud acquire their 1st rd pick and an addtnl 2nd rd pick for a team moving up 5 spots.

-Like the last poster said, why the would the giants trade us a 2nd rounder to move up a few spots. They would move up alot more spots for a 2nd rounder.

For what it's worth, Cleveland gave Detroit a 2nd round pick to move up only one spot when they drafted Kellen Winslow.